“Gay Infertility” is the New Mandatory Health Insurance Frontier

It’s interesting sometimes to read about the last days of past civilizations. It’s hard not to notice during these readings that those last days were filled with completely irrational ideas and behaviors that could not be explained in any way outside of a mass collapse of reason.
In entirely unrelated news, there’s a new proposal to mandate coverage for Gay Infertility. The problem is that Gay Infertility is just biology. Two men and two women are not infertile. They’re just not capable of impregnating each other. This isn’t a medical problem. It’s a mental problem.

[http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/gay-infertility-is-the-new-mandatory-health-insurance-frontier/

I](http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/gay-infertility-is-the-new-mandatory-health-insurance-frontier/)s this a joke? Obamacare has shown that it is unworkable and not only is driving up costs and making it so many Americans will not be in the system, it also is forcing doctors into retirement or other occupations.

Another hang up on homosexuals… I see, I see

The Sam doth protest too much.

You mean like how the Romans made homosexuality a crime at the end of the 4th century?

Lesbian women are fertile if they get a sperm donor, and gay men are fertile if they donate sperm…

Fertility does not limit yourself to your own partner.

Another gay thread? :slapper:

Sam loves the gay threads.

It’s amazing how all of you homos piled onto Sam as he was pointing out a rediclous coverage in 0bamacare but, you didn’t address the actual issue. The typical Liberal diversion tactic.

OK I’ll address the thread. Infertility means that, in the event of actual intercourse or by surrogate intercourse, your natural anatomy cannot produce offspring. Gays, if the definition I am aware of the word has not been changed, are not infertile, but simply are not practicing a biological technique for mammals to produce more young. Two men cannot produce offspring alone, and two women cannot produce offspring alone. Infertility and unorthodox sexual practices are not the same thing.

As for the Anti-Gay Sam and the Anti-Gay Sam Bashing, it’s a forum for debate ladies and gentlemen. This is a subject Sam finds either interesting or important and wishes to discuss it with others. We should not be criticizing him for speaking his mind. The same goes for all of you. You have opinions as well, and I encourage to express YOUR minds. The difficulty in debate is keeping it civil. But, doesn’t hurt to try :wink:

[quote=“FloridaLibertarian, post:8, topic:39016”]
OK I’ll address the thread. Infertility means that, in the event of actual intercourse or by surrogate intercourse, your natural anatomy cannot produce offspring. Gays, if the definition I am aware of the word has not been changed, are not infertile, but simply are not practicing a biological technique for mammals to produce more young. Two men cannot produce offspring alone, and two women cannot produce offspring alone. Infertility and unorthodox sexual practices are not the same thing.

As for the Anti-Gay Sam and the Anti-Gay Sam Bashing, it’s a forum for debate ladies and gentlemen. This is a subject Sam finds either interesting or important and wishes to discuss it with others. We should not be criticizing him for speaking his mind. The same goes for all of you. You have opinions as well, and I encourage to express YOUR minds. The difficulty in debate is keeping it civil. But, doesn’t hurt to try :wink:
[/quote]No I do not find gays that interesting but the site is dominated anymore by gays pushing their perversion as well as lack of morals and anti-religion attitude.

There are only a couple of bi members I know of, no gay members, and I don’t see them pushing anything. I actually don’t think anyone is starting LGBT threads other than you.

Whatever your personal opinion of gay marriage, I think we all should agree this is stupid.

I’m thinking we all should chip in for a Penile plethysmography (PPG) for the guy who just loves starting new anti-gay threads…something ain’t right and its’ only right we should make this important investment in forensic self actualization for our forums senior detective. :smiley:

This thread is pretty gay.

I don’t see how. Fertility does not depend on orientation. For example, a lesbian couple who decide to receive sperm from a donor may still be saddened if they are infertile and cannot give birth. And a man who wishes to donate sperm will similarly still be infertile even if he is gay.

Fertility is not dependent on orientation, and I believe Sam knows this.

The article does its best to frame it in a way that makes it sound stupid, but it’s not stupid at all if you really think about it. An infertile couple is, by definition, one that can’t produce children. The article tries to say gay couples aren’t infertile because they “cannot ever have children without medical intervention,” apparently not realizing that the same is true of literally every other infertile couple. A female-male couple in which the female has undergone an oophorectomy as a result of ovarian cancer “cannot ever have children without medical intervention” either. Neither can someone rendered infertile from birth as a result of various genetic conditions. If you want to say those people should receive help, there’s no particular reason to say a female-male or a male-male couple shouldn’t receive the same help. In both cases, you are giving help to a couple who would otherwise be biologically incapable of producing children.

Ha yeah we are homos, homosapiens!!! Ha ha

At least you and I can. This is about the stupidest thing I ever heard of in my life.
For starters, as the article states: (emphasis mine)

Current California law requires group health plans to offer coverage for infertility treatments with the exception of in vitro fertilization (IVF). If such coverage is purchased, benefits must be paid whenever “a demonstrated condition recognized by a licensed physician and surgeon as a cause for infertility” has been diagnosed—or upon “the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year of regular sexual relations without contraception.”

HELLO! What gay or lesbian couple WOULD be having “REGULAR SEXUAL RELATIONS” - for an entire year in the first place? They don’t *want *regular sexual relations, or they’d be with somebody of the opposite sex from the get go.
Of course it hasn’t crossed anybody’s numb skull that they might just lie about something like that, now would they.

You’re right, Brennus, this is too stupid to be even contemplating, much less talking about, but we have to because we actually have representatives in government considering such ludicracy.

And for the love of pete, since when is conceiving, and having, a baby a RIGHT?

I’m pretty sure the word regular refers to the frequency of practice, e.g. occurring with regularity. More importantly though, you seem to have missed the word or in that sentence:

Current California law requires group health plans to offer coverage for infertility treatments with the exception of in vitro fertilization (IVF). If such coverage is purchased, benefits must be paid whenever “a demonstrated condition recognized by a licensed physician and surgeon as a cause for infertility” has been diagnosed—or upon “the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year of regular sexual relations without contraception.”

If a physician says you’re incapable of fertilization, you don’t have to go through the year of sexual relations to demonstrate it. Because you are biologically not capable of producing a child.

Why is it stupid? Many couples are not capable of having children on their own. This is not something unique to gay couples. But it is a problem that all gay couples who want to have children have to deal with.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the state helping people to have children at all. But if the state offers that help, there is no special reason to withhold it from people who can’t conceive because of their sex.