Georgetown University To Give Slave Descendants Priority For Admission…

Georgetown University will give preference in admissions to the descendants of slaves owned by the Maryland Jesuits as part of its effort to atone for profiting from the sale of enslaved people.
Georgetown president John DeGioia told news outlets that the university in Washington will implement the admissions preferences. He says Georgetown will need to identify and reach out to descendants of slaves and recruit them to the university.
On Thursday morning, a university committee released a report that also called on its leaders to offer a formal apology for the university’s participation in the slave trade.

SJW Rejoice! Georgetown University To Give Slave Descendants Priority For Admission… | Weasel Zippers

I wonder if this institution will require proof of slave ancestry? I also wonder how many who try to prove they were slaves will have the same ancestor. I have read stories of people checking on ancestors and some how being related to say the Queen of England. The problem is that everyone seems to be related to the Queen of England.

OMG! This PC crap needs to end.

It doesn’t matter what happened to your great grandfather, your great grandfather or your great great great grandfather. It’s what kind of person you are, and whether or not you are suited to go to college. The fact that they have narrowed this the descendants of slaves owned by Maryland Jesuits shows that they are on some sort of religious guilt trip.

Why limit it to just that group, and how can you prove your ancestry? Some people have a hard time going back more than three generations. I know because my mother was an amateur genealogist, and my father-in-law has published a couple books on his family.

> The problem is that everyone seems to be related to the Queen of England.

If you read the histories of the kings of England since William the Conqueror, it’s easy to see how so many people could be tied to the English royal family. Many of the kings had multiple mistresses and fathered many children out of the wedlock. Interestingly enough if you trace the linage, Queen Elizabeth II is a blood relative to William the Conqueror. The line is thin at times with distant cousins taking over the throne at some points, but the blood relationships are still there.

BTW here is penny that William the Conqueror issued toward the end of his reign (1066 - 1087) which came to an end in 1087. The penny was a sort of “minimum wage” coin in the middle ages.

When they got of college they’ll still be ignorant.

Georgetown University will give preference in admissions to the descendants of slaves owned by the Maryland Jesuits
I guess I’m going to have to contact those people. I’m a descendant of people that used to scalp Maryland Jesuits (& everybody else). It sure must be worth something for leaving some of them alive (& with hair).

Georgetown University just decides to forfeit its tradition of historical excellence; to become a “Black College” with lowered or nonexistant academic standards and large numbers of unfit, unprepared, unqualified “graduates.”

The Board of Trustees should be removed. Except…in the case of a non-profit…who oversees the Board?

Before DNA testing, it was pretty hard to prove actual biological relationship. I’m sure there were plenty of cuckolds and plenty of cads hiding in the woodpile, back in the day…

I find racially motives moves like this disgusting and plain out racism.

“Us poor black people need the help of you white people cuz we were oppressed 100+ years ago.”

I hate to use such broad brushing terms but when white people start this crap it comes of as racist. What am I now a pet?

I guess this stuff bothers me so much because I don’t understand the mind set behind it. To me this isn’t logical. If it were & your grandfather killed my grandfather then I would have the right to kill you. Yet I know that wouldn’t stand up in court but somehow something that happened so long ago that no one alive remembers it is valid? It just seems like total bullshit & as I said I don’t get the logic.
When I see a doctor & could care less what color he or she is. If I go out to eat Mexican food & don’t care if the cook is black, Nordic, or from Mars…I care what the food tastes like. Do I care if the guy that cuts my hair is gay, hell no I just want a good haircut. (Oh & I did once have a gay barber, I didn’t care). And if I don’t care about any of that stuff, what difference does it make caring about something that happened before I was born?
Nobody owed me anything because of “history” & I sure as heck don’t owe anyone anything because of their history. I believe to think that way warps your brain in some way. I also think that to go around saying I didn’t get a job or accomplish what I wanted because of (fill in the blank) is a crutch that cripples you. Nobody said that life has to be easy & honestly overcoming challenges is what makes it worth while. Just what I think.

DNA can’t tell you everything about who might have “owned” your ancestors in the past, especially when you go out for several generations.

Well…it is, after all, DC…literally the birthplace of Political Correctness, the BGI-Black Grievance Industry and the concept of Reparations for minority/black-only DemocRat voters. I’m so not surprised.

Its nothing but BS. There is a large shopping center in the DC area in Virginia, its called 7 corners. The land was an old plantation and was given to the slaves after the civil war. They went to huge efforts to find the descendants, I don’t believe they ever did or at least not in the time I was living there.

I will happily agree to reparations to ANYONE who can prove that they were held as a slave because of U.S. government policy–other than for criminal penalizations. I’ll even go so far as to agree to reparations if anyone can prove that their PARENTS or even GRANDPARENTS were so held as a slave with U.S. government approval and sanction. Beyond that, they can kiss my grits.

That is going to be hard to do with blacks being many babies daddies and running off. I just love it when I see one claim he supports his 10 kids as he makes a booty call and no money.

[ATTACH]2812[/ATTACH]

Blacks, STILL feeling the sting of the Masters whip 150 years later…

The funny part is, most of the whip swinging masters were Democrats.

Which begs the question of WHY are they still voting for them?

Its called “Pig in Chit Syndrome”: They have wallowed in crap for 150 years and after that long its become totally normal and in fact so much so that to leave it would be difficult as it no longer stinks and its become comfortable like an old pair of shoes which you have been wearing so long that the blisters have become bunions…

It really dates from the 1960s. Kennedy had a good image, and Johnson really changed the tide. Johnson’s “Great Society” greatly expanded the welfare state, and it’s all been downhill from the there.