Get ready, here come the media attacks against Carson and Rubio, Trump retweets

It’s going to get nasty and dirty. When policies become the issue again, everything will be well in the world.

Rubio doesn’t need anyone to attack him. His history speaks for itself.

I honestly didn’t hear of Trump attacking Carson. If he did, it was unnecessary.

Trump retweeted the story that was provided by a political site. I didn’t search for the link itself but the Trump tweet was shown on CNN and he provided a link. He stated something to the effect “woaah, look at the story about Ben Carson” and a provided link.

“The Carson story is either a total fabrication or, if true, even worse — trying to hit mother over the head with a hammer or stabbing friend!” Mr. Trump posted on Twitter on Thursday night. Mr. Carson has said in the past that as a violent young man he tried to hit his mother in the head with a hammer.

On Friday, Mr. Trump wrote, “With Ben Carson wanting to hit his mother on the head with a hammer, stab a friend and Pyramids built for grain storage — don’t people get it?”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/06/donald-trump-takes-shots-at-ben-carson-after-accounts-of-his-youth-are-questioned/

Our future president…:vomit-smi

Pardon me if I don’t get the big deal. Carson, himself, outed his childhood temper. He outgrew it.
And, ya gotta admit, Carson’s take on why the pyramids were built, is a little on the “off side,” to put it mildly.

According to a video unearthed by BuzzFeed on Wednesday, Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said, referring to the Old Testament. “Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, [something to store that grain] would have to be something awfully big, if you stop and think about it.”

Carson appeared to be referencing the biblical figure of Joseph, who was sold into slavery in Egypt and later went on to advise the Egyptian pharaoh to store grain due to a coming famine.

But I am with him on the “alien bit.”

The famed neurosurgeon, who is currently the front-runner for the GOP nomination, added in the speech that he didn’t think aliens built the pyramids, as some conspiracy theorists have stated.

ACK! I cannot, after several tries, get the link from HuffPost to c&p.

Anyway, I don’t see what’s the big deal about Trump repeating what Carson has said, or voicing his opinion on it.

Fruitless and frivolous, maybe, but not something I’d choose to headline any of my articles with, had I a newspaper.
Then again, you’d never find me working for HuffPo.

On another note, of course the media is now going to start bashing Carson - the guy they just got through propping up. It’s their, and the RNC’s, long revisited MO.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson’s campaign on Friday acknowledged he never applied nor was accepted to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point – a tale he included in his autobiography and that he has repeated since then, POLITICO reported on Friday.

Rival Donald Trump, who Carson is neck-and-neck with for the top spot in the Republican presidential primary polls, quickly took to Twitter to attack the retired neurosurgeon.

“WOW, one of many lies by Ben Carson! Big story,” Trump wrote and included a link to the article in which Carson’s campaign acknowledged the fabrication.

Carson’s campaign says he never offered West Point scholarship: POLITICO | Reuters

I think Carson has Brian Williams disease.

Anyway, I don’t see what’s the big deal about Trump repeating what Carson has said, or voicing his opinion on it.

The “big deal” is that he’s violating Reagan’s 11th commandment. He’s the anti-Reagan, replacing Reagan’s optimism about America and its place in the world with negativism, fear-mongering and isolationism.

The issue I have with Trump on this issue, is first, Carson hasn’t attacked him. Second, Trump has suggested he “only attacked when attacked first”. Third, Trump has been angered by the fact that media doesn’t talk about policy issues (as if somehow that would be his strong suit…), but he himself joins in when someone else is the target.

The big deal, as always, is that his insults are of the pre-teen type. ***“WOW, one of many lies by Ben Carson! Big story,”***. Pathetic.

This is a given with Trump. Like a teen someone else is usually funding his exploits…

The attack of the last few days certainly seems coordinated, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, doubting his youthful indiscretions, outing his West Point scholarship story, look for hit pieces on 7th Day Adventists which are sure to come soon. It is all garbage but I am glad it is coming out now rather than later. Since he has a shot at the nomination it is important that he can withstand the barrage of overripe fruit.

Trump exposes himself again. He won’t just trash the Left, he will tarnish anyone who isn’t on Trump’s side. Much like Obama. And Clinton, both of them.

Here’s the CNN story - or another from CNN - on Trump’s reaction. Minimally - and I am being VERY kind in stating it this way - Trump should have known, from unpleasant recent experience that this Politico story was highly dubious, and refused to comment on it until facts are fully known. As edog pointed out and Jazz implied, Trump is out for Trump, and would just as soon destroy his opponents as defeat them in primary elections. VERY! UGLY!

So, this is basically a hit job on Carson because, in his book, he referred to an appointment to West Point as a full scholarship. This is an easy mistake since they are effectively the same thing. As I understand it, there is no tuition at West Point because cadet are members of the military.

I hope that this hit job back fires. It looks like it may do just that.

Bluto, if some rogue MSM “reporter” and outlet went off the reservation and published/broadcast an almost entirely false hit-piece like this on a D Presidential candidate, the rest of the MSM would bury the rogues.

But in this case, Carson is an R, a conservative, and black. So the only way this will backfire on Politico is if the R Party, R Presidential candidates, and Carson particularly counterattack, aggressively. After CNBC’s debate bias debacle, I think such an aggressive counterattack possible, but I won’t be turning blue, IYKWIM.

I saw on the news this morning that Carson’s reaction to this was to ask the same reporters if they scrutinized 0bama’s past in the same way. They wouldn’t answer and made them look even worse. I think that the backfire is in progress. The MSM will now try to burry it because of being exposed even to their own.

That is true I read stories of supposed classmates during his college years that do not remember him and as for being president o the harvard Law review he had one little paper which was childish to read. His being a constitutional scholar is another myth because when he did show up all he talked about was how the constitution was wrong because it was not made by black men. Obama has exhibited that putting his nose to the grind stone is something he does not relish and is more the spouting off liberal with no work ethic.

Barack Obama: The Ghost of Columbia University | TheBlaze.com

A very apt - not, hopefully, the only - retort from Carson. It was pretty much unanswerable. The MSM, in 2008 and 2012, were Obama’s lap- and guard-dogs. The available choices were lying blatantly and obviously, admitting their crude partisan bias, or dodging the question.

If a backfire of any significant degree is to happen, the R Party and candidates will have to drive it. The MSM are assiduously looking for the next anti-R “expose” or “scandal” so as to move on from this debacle-in-progress.

This is a different world than the days of Reagan.

And frankly, Carson brought most of this on himself.
The guy may be the smartest guy in the race, at least in the IQ department. Why didn’t he see any of this coming? Why didn’t he look at any of his books and figure out what the left wing media would try to nail him on? And when they did, the guy did very little but stammer and stutter before the cameras. He looked guilty, even if he wasn’t.

It’s not the same world that gave us a Ronald Reagan.

Yes, Virginia. It’s called a Republican Primary because these are candidates who are competing for the nomination. This isn’t a campfire where they all circle, join hands and sing Kumbayah. This isn’t about showing the world that they can reach across the aisle, put aside their petty differences and give the Democrats everything they demand. This is a COMPETITION. The Donald is not here for any reason other than to be elected President of the United States, and right now he seems to be the only one acting presidential.

Carson brought a lot of this on himself.