Gettin time to slap the crap out of some Texas teachers!!!!

Students Told to Call 9-11 Hijackers

Students Told to Call 9-11 Hijackers “Freedom Fighters”

An Advanced Placement World Geography teacher at a Texas high school who encouraged students to dress in Islamic clothing also instructed them to refer to the 9-11 hijackers not as terrorists – but as “freedom fighters,” according to students who were in the class.

Go ahead…keep poking the bear!!
I’m ready for the upcoming Crusade!!!

Freedom Fighters? Freedom from who? US? We don’t want to rule over a bunch of crazy middle easterners. Their rulers, who are corrupt and dictatorial? Then you’re attacking the wrong guy. The only Freedom they seek is the Freedom from multi-religiousness, multi-ethncity, multiculturalism.

Playing dress up in this manner and trying universally redefine historical events/players is certainly over the line.

On the other hand I would have no problem with teachers/professors having class projects and discussions where they take the students out of their comfort zone and have them complete projects or discuss topics from the perpective of other cultures. Which was probably the original intent and ended up being taken to preposterous lengths.

STUDENTS MADE TO WEAR BURQAS IN U.S. STATE (Texas)

Texas school comes under fire after students wear burqas in class

Prison Planet.com » Lumberton ISD (Texas) Students Told to Wear Muslim Burqas in CSCOPE High School Lesson

John I’m not buying that BS!
The students in the class indicate you’re a liar!
Does that Teacher make kids where Christan robes?
What happened to keeping religion out of schools.
Just because you moved it to World History is a thin Vail
that we all see through.

What is more dangerous, showing terrorists as the victims, or defining them as they are KILLERS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE? Notice I did not say Muslims. Your TEACHER used 9/11 terrorists and had children calling them "freedom Fighters"
YOU’RE A DISGRACE TO TEXAS!
And don’t blame the Texas leadership for your BS!!!
We call the 9/11 terrorists TERRORISTS! NOT FREEDOM FIGHTERS!
Senator Birdwell YOU (and your Co-workers) are being blamed for this!

To:Moby
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:32 AM
Subject: Concerns

It appears that we have a group that is focusing on spreading fear about curriculum tool that we use, called C-Scope. Lumberton does not “promote” Islam, but “teaches” a world history class as defined by the state of Texas’ objective called the TEKS. Key point. The teacher is a veteran teacher and she is Jewish. Now, of all people, if anyone had an agenda to teach the negative aspects of Islam, it might be her. The lesson was not about forcing women to wear Burkas, but a lesson about Middle East culture including, clothing, customs, food, landscape, etc. It’s a shame that a small group of individuals are destroying a teacher, doing what she has done for an entire career, because they have an agenda that is not about our kids, but about their own self-interest – “money”.

Let me repeat: The teacher was teaching about culture and not about a dangerous radical religion .

As for the other misinformation, no one has brought it to our attention. Our teachers are only required to teach what the state of Texas requires of us.

Question: What is more dangerous “fear and ignorance” or "education and understanding"
John Valastro
Superintendent
Lumberton ISD
409-923-7504 Secretary
409-923-7506
409-923-7505 Office

Freedom fighters don’t kill civilians.

Please read the whoe point, Whether the teacher was right or wrong, is to control content in teacher isues. For years I have seen some inovative teaching in Social Studies classes, bring native garb, foods, cuntoms, into the classroom. Now I have heard of versions of what went on next. If the teacher in question actually said that the 9/11 hijackers were "freedom Fighters, tht teacher should be summarily dosmissed, but did that teacher, in reality, say that?

I started a thread on this very topic in the “education” forum. Never ceases to amaze me…and this is what we taxpayers are paying for in public schools. BTW, what does the picture of the bear mean?

Hey! Great idea! Let’s take students to South Central LA, or Baltimore, MD ghetto, or hey, why not Cabrini-Green in Chicago!! Or, better yet, let’s arrange a flight to Iraq, or Iran! Have them dress up like “freedom fighters” or better yet, let’s have the girls dress up in burqas! We can also take them to visit a few crack houses in Detroit–there’s gobs of them! …another example of a public school education…

P.S. Enjoyed reading your survey…enlightening to say the least. :Thud:

Not sure where you got all of that from, would you be so kind as to clarify? My post, I believe, made a pretty clear point that playing dress up was a bad idea and this stunt was preposterous. I also said that I would have no problem with critical thinking exercises/projects that would have students write or debate from the perspective of the opposition as a useful way of removing students from their mental comfort zone and have them test their imaginations and critical thinking skills. Nothing wrong with learning more about your opposition and trying to understand why they do what they do.

Perhaps I just have fond memories of the several projects one of my history teachers had us do in middle school.

Sorry…not taking the bait. I’m not that gullible.

An interesting take on my post. I’ll try to be more clear in the future.