girl, 5, suspended for threatening to shoot girl with pink toy gun

A 5-year-old Pennsylvania girl who told another girl she was going to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty toy gun that blows soapy bubbles has been suspended from kindergarten.
Her family has hired an attorney to fight the punishment, which initially was 10 days for issuing a ‘terroristic threat.’ But her punishment was reduced to two days after her mother met with school officials and had the incident dropped to ‘threatening to harm another student,’ which apparently carries a lesser punishment.

Read more: [Pennsylvania girl, 5, suspended for threatening to shoot girl with pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles | Fox News](http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/pennsylvania-girl-5-suspended-for-threatening-to-shoot-girl-with-pink-toy-gun/#ixzz2IRuU8dkY<br /><br />F)
Funny how schools can be so PC but then go out of their way to preach unamerican values

They are also going after kids who make guns using their fingers and those who play cowboys and indians. After this, the brainwashing of our children will be complete!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I thought the “unrealistic coloring” of toy guns was intended to ensure that they wouldn’t be mistaken for real guns.

That is just so 80s, Susanna. That was just a step in along the path, not the destination.

Good Lord, what is wrong with these people??? And this is what our tax dollars are paying for!!

Courageous Pennsylvania School Officials Nab 5-Year Old Terrorist « International Liberty

And soap bubbles make for a slippery slope…

Oh, yeah, stupid idiots. Is there no shame left among among school officials?

Glad I grew up in the early 50’s when I could still play with my Hopalong Cassidy six shooters:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1781[/ATTACH]

I will admit that Hello Kitty stuff creeps me out a bit … not as much as Smurfs, though.

A bit out of context: Q/ What red, white and blue all over?

A/ A Smurf in a blender!

I wonder how long my suspension would be if I told that joke in that PA school …

This incident follows on the heels of some school (I think it was in Maryland) suspending two 5 or 6 year old boys for playing cowboys at school. (Apparently either aiming toy guns or their fingers at each other.) But next week, they’ll learn how to put on condoms…

What a cutie-pie!!!

[quote=“BobJam, post:8, topic:37879”]
Glad I grew up in the early 50’s when I could still play with my Hopalong Cassidy six shooters:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1781[/ATTACH]
[/quote]I remember those and candy cigarettees

Yeah! I do, too! Of course, I also remember the candy lipsticks and the red wax-flavored lips, too! Anyone here remember a candy and gum called “Violet”? They were purple and had a violet-flavor. Very unusual…

At W.G. Smiley Junior high, and Mary Brantly High, (East and Mount Houston Independent School District, Harris County Texas 1950’s) they had, ‘Western Days’, we would dress in old west fashion, wear guns, (real was okay if not loaded), and celebrate Texas Independence for a week, the Alamo, San jacinto, etc…

We are sooo screwed…

Did anyone here go to Smiley in the 50’s?

@CT,

Clean out your PM box.

Heh-heh! Just did! :geek:

The liberals have taken over the education system, and indoctrinating our children with this progressive movement. It’s getting worse, eroding our liberties away. Next is when Liberals will teach the constitution is obsolete is as well.

Welcome 33 percent! I believe that the watering down of the Constitution has already begun and is picking up speed especially with BO in the WH. There are many people who believe that the Bill of Rights need to be “updated”. That seems to me to be the beginning of the end.

Herer’s another story for this “What the Hades is going on?!” thread. How long before bananas are banned unless cut up and allowed to oxidize into brown moosh?

Wow…doesn’t surprise me, though. There was a little 4 or 5 year old boy a few years back who kissed a little girl on the cheek and was either suspended or expelled for “sexual harassment.” Shouldn’t the former slob in the WH been expelled for his sexual crimes?? Oh…sorry…it wasn’t “SEX”.