Gog and Maggog the upcoming final war

Torah Ohr

Watch the video, Discuss.

Need something other than a video - dial-up is too unfriendly to video. In a few weeks, I will be reading the Biblical passage about Gog & Magog - it’s in Ezekiel, and I’m about half-way through Isaiah now.

Isaiah is pretty interesting, I read a large part of it on Shavuot.
here http://www.torahohr.net/docs/booklet-english.pdf
http://www.arigoldwag.com/krentzman/Gog%20and%20MaGog.pdf
That video is pretty good, you should try to watch it.

Not at ten seconds of loading time for every second of playback…

Can i get my 48 mins back?

not going to it because i know that the ‘war’ is not yet ready to come. Other prophecy needs to be fulfilled. First the coming of the Antichrist, 7 years peace treatyy with Israel broken in 3.5 years, rebuilding of the temple,etc.

You make it seem as though there is a “checklist” of prophecies that need to be fulfilled. You treat prophetic and apocolyptic literature like its some sort of newspaper meant to be read literally. This is hardly the case.

Furthermore you treat prophecy as if it is one specific event. It is better to interpret them with the shortened perspective. This is to say that the immediate future and distant future are seen at the same time, like mountain peaks. The prophecy of Joel is a good example of this, just as Jesus prophecy of the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

You also cant assume that there will always be literalistic fulfillment of prophecies. If you do then you will have trouble rendering Ezekiel 34:23-24 and 37:24-25. If there is a literal fulfillment of these prophecies then David must rule on the throne of restored Israel and his name must be Immanuel.

Not all prophecy is intended to be taken literally.

Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’ . . . Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it” (Isaiah 46:9–11,

What does a messianic prophecy have to do with my criticism of your flawed hermeneutic approach to the end times?

Dial-up! You poor thing.

If you two guys don’t mind, I think i’ll take your remarks with a little grain of salt based on a really quick reading of some of your past posts.

Given some of the insinuations and outright accusations against Christians who are not Pre–Mil//Pre-Trib that I remember from reading some of the “Late Great” books back in the 70s, Politically Plump is being very restrained in his expression! He might see your grain of salt and raise you a block of salt. I’m Pan-Millennial myself … I know it all pans out in the end. Joke aside, I’ve seen the fruit of the “Late Great” speculations and fascination in several persons’ lives, and it wasn’t good (and I won’t even go into :eek: Harold Camping, :eek: ). That God is in control is probably the most sound eschatological view and about as far as we can be certain.

Bingo!

When the “Left Behind” series was popular the teenagers in my Bible study class wanted to study Revelation as soon as possible.

I told them Okay, but by the time we are through we will have both established and refuted every common theory about how the End Times will play out. Most scoffed and were sure that their “view” would stand up.

I made up a checklist of each point in each common theory so we could mark every time it seemed to be supported and every time it seemed to be refuted.

By the end they were confused and said “now we are not sure exactly how it will all play out”. I said “Then you are closer to truth than when we started, I don’t take a dogmatic position either”.

All the Messianic prophecies were a source of confusion and division among Jewish sects who disagreed about how those events would manifest as well. Despite an enormous amount of focus and study nobody even came close to what God actually was planning in any of the common theories.

We look back at those Old Testament Prophecies and they make perfect sense in light of our current knowledge but nobody even considered a servant Savior who dies for others as a possibility before it happened.

I have a feeling the last days will be a similar situation. The actual way these events manifest will all fit perfectly with all the scriptures but it will be in a way that has not even occurred to men yet.

We will slap our foreheads and say “OH! I get it now! I wonder why we never thought of that before?”.

I read and believe all that is written about the end of this dispensation but the only dogmatic claim I make about them is “My Messiah wins!”.

Ha. Typical. If you cant defend your millennial views just walk away. Millenialism is simply not scriptural.

I cannot disagree with you about God being in control. He most certainly is. All this talk about the end being very near is detrimental to the church. Rather than focusing on things we believe are signs of the end times we should be focusing on Christ. We know he will come like a thief in the night. The thing that pre and post millennials dont recognize is that Christ’s kingdom is not an earthly kingdom, so the idea that he will come and reign on earth for 1000 years is not based in the word. We are currently living in the “1000 years”. Its not a literal thousand years, but simply meant for a really long time.

There is something to be said about us not being able to tell exactly how the end will come. I think your on the spot here. Imagine being a Christian during the reign of Nero. The end must surely have felt near. Thats the thing with the actual prophecy too is that its vague enough to be applied to many different events. So we wont actually know until Christ comes down and separates the sheep from the goats.

I don’t have to defend anything. I walk away from you because you don’t know what you’re talking about and i’m not going to waste my time with you.

Actually realized millennialism or amillinnialism has scriptural support for it and unlike pre/post trib doctrines hasnt spawned books like The Late, Great Planet Earth which postulated that the end would be before the end of the 1980s. I would contend that you have no clue what you’re talking about. However, unlike you, I believe that when it comes to spiritual concerns everyone is worth my time.

i’m so sure.

? You posts often dont make sense. How do you interpret Daniel 2:31-44?

The statue prophecy?