Golly where is everybody? 12:17 am Saturday Feb 8, 2015

[ATTACH]2507[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2505[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2506[/ATTACH]

Working… :smiley:

And some folks do sleep. That’s weird, of course.

What is this “sleep” thing you speak of?

And can I buy it at Target?

[quote=“CWolf, post:4, topic:46011”]
What is this “sleep” thing you speak of?

And can I buy it at Target?
[/quote] Dunno, no Targets around here. No wonder I can’t find any.

Send out those minions! Tell 'em not to come back without it.

Mebbe you (and I) are part giraffe (now that would be really, really weird). Read somewhere they only need 2 hrs out of every 24.

[ATTACH]2510[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2511[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2512[/ATTACH]
nothin’ up here ```````````````` or down here``````````````aahh… at last… the perfect spot

Giraffes, I read somewhere, sleep half their brains at a time. One lobe sleeps, then the other lobe.

Reason being: The African veldt is a pretty wild place for prey animals; they have to be alert at all times.

Sleep…is a luxury of the young. Amazing how they don’t want it; when it comes so easy to them and is so necessary.

I’m lucky if I get five hours each night these days. On top of that…now that I’m identified as having Sleep Apnea, I have that CPAP machine I have to tie onto my face. It does make me feel better in the mornings; but what a PAIN.

Same here. I try and make myself go back to sleep. Sometimes it works.

I find myself sleeping about 5-6 hours at night and then taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Irritates my wife no end, too.

If I can go back to sleep I don’t need a nap during the day, but if I get up, I fall asleep way too early. It’s a vicious cycle.

I commonly get up between 3:30 AM and 4:30 AM, even on weekends, so I was already abed when you posted that. Not a few of my posts since coming to RO have time stamps that if converted to Pacific Time are before 6 AM.

[quote=“patriciareed, post:5, topic:46011”]
Mebbe you (and I) are part giraffe (now that would be really, really weird). Read somewhere they only need 2 hrs out of every 24.[ATTACH]2511[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2512[/ATTACH]
[/quote]Hmm, I don’t think I’m that flexible.
Perhaps I am a wildebeest?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2513[/ATTACH]

[quote=“JustPassinThru, post:6, topic:46011”]
Giraffes, I read somewhere, sleep half their brains at a time. One lobe sleeps, then the other lobe.

Reason being: The African veldt is a pretty wild place for prey animals; they have to be alert at all times.
[/quote] So that’s it! I became aware many years ago that I subconsciously appoint myself the night watchman of wherever I am. Oddly enough, I sleep well in a hospital because in that setting I am willing (in fact, have no choice) to turn over all responsibility for everything there to the staff. I noticed back in SD that when there was a large flock of Canada geese grazing in a park or a field, there were always a couple of geese at any given time who did not graze but were alert for possible dangers. How they decided who would do what shift was beyond me. I didn’t see a bulletin board with a schedule on it!

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:11, topic:46011”]
I commonly get up between 3:30 AM and 4:30 AM, even on weekends, so I was already abed when you posted that. Not a few of my posts since coming to RO have time stamps that if converted to Pacific Time are before 6 AM.
[/quote] Yes, you are often on the early, early shift!

[quote=“CWolf, post:12, topic:46011”]
Hmm, I don’t think I’m that flexible.
Perhaps I am a wildebeest?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2513[/ATTACH]
[/quote] Trust me, you don’t want to be a wildebeest. I lived in Africa for two years, and the wildebeest seemed to be every predator’s favorite prey. They are walking meat markets to hungry critters of every description. The striking picture you posted is just more proof! That poor wildebeest is probably thinking, “Criminy, I can’t even get a drink of water without being attacked by a crocodile!”