Good by my friend, sad to see you go after all these years

Twinkies Maker Hostess to Liquidate Company if Strikes Persist[LEFT][FONT=arial]

So Long, Sponge: Hostess Strike Could Kill Twinkies
[COLOR=#888888]AUTO START: ON [COLOR=#E5E5E5]| OFF[/COLOR]

[/LEFT]
By JEANETTE TORRES
Nov. 15, 2012
[LEFT]
The end for Twinkies may just be hours away. Hostess Brands Inc., the maker of the iconic snack, announced on Wednesday that it will liquidate the entire company if not enough striking employees return to work by Thursday evening.“We simply do not have the financial resources to survive an ongoing national strike,” Hostess CEO Gregory Rayburn said in a statement Wednesday. “Therefore, if sufficient employees do not return to work by 5 p.m., EST, on Thursday to restore normal operations, we will be forced to immediately move to liquidate the entire company, which will result in the loss of nearly 18,000 jobs.”

Twinkies Maker Hostess to Liquidate Company if Strikes Persist - ABC News

Another win for Unions another loss for America…[/LEFT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[LEFT][/LEFT]

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I expect to see more places closing and job losses and all those who thought reelecting Obama would help them can stand in unemployment offices and lament how it is all Bush’s fault and not of their own making.

Those lucky enough to have jobs will see big increases in taxes but hey ain’t Obama great?

I love it! Not the lose of Jobs but their bold decision. Come back to work to everyone will lose their jobs because of you entitlement problem. I do not understand how people cannot see that companies need money to run. They think companies are rolling in cash but that is not the truth. They need money to grow and expand and fools like this take that ability away from them so they can have their “fair share”.

In other news Twinkie the Kid arrested for stealing copper pipes from a church

Hostess Brands went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy eaarly this year. Evidently the union thugs think there’a bluff to call.

The company said it “has done everything in its power to pursue a reorganization of its business as a going concern, including spending the better part of **18 months negotiating **with its key constituents to obtain a consensual agreement.”

I guess they thought once Barry was reelected he would “nationalize” all corporations and keep spending taxpayers money on losing companies.

I remember when the union at a large company I worked for (I was white collar, not union) went on strike. I was well acquainted with one lady who was on the negotiating team. She said, “Even when you’re offering them something positive, they think you’re trying to gouge them.”

It is official this morning. They are liquidating. I just bought $40 of Twinkies and other goodies.

The unions killed another company. More people for us to support.

That is the UNION mentality. You either agree to their terms or they will kill the company. Unions have deep pockets and pay your wage for years, plus where they Unions thrive in those states you almost do not work if you are not union, so they will force some other company to hire you.

NOTHING good can come out of unions…but the Feds and especially bammy LOVES them. If they succeed in changing the Taft Hartley Act it will force all the states to go Union in almost all large jobs, govt etc. When that happens we as a country will be CRUSHED and will never again compete on the world stage for exports. We will collapse as a country under our own weight…

Another company killed by union thugs

18,000 people out of a job!!!

[quote=“17Oaks, post:12, topic:37118”]
18,000 people out of a job!!!
[/quote]And the union crowing about putting them out of business. I see a petition is being made to bail out this company.

Petition Calls For White House To Bail Out Twinkie Industry

Yep they are PROUD of it…Trumpka and is Dyckweeds, with the backing of bammy and DoJ.

[quote=“17Oaks, post:14, topic:37118”]
Yep they are PROUD of it…Trumpka and is Dyckweeds, with the backing of bammy and DoJ.
[/quote]I look at Trumpka and think Jim Hoffa and just as nasty.

These idiots won’t be happy till the entire nation is bankrupt.

You know what I’ll miss most. Devil Dogs. Twinkies are ok, but man Devil Dogs were the best. RIP my sugar-infused companion of many years past. Everyone one of those union thugs needs to take a hard look in the mirror when they wonder why they lost their job. I only hope they have to settle for shoveling elephant manure or something.

Hostess Brands includes more than just Hostess. And not just snack foods.

This company tried to buy Hostess when Hostess was in Chapter 11 in 2009. They have a lot of familiar brands, but their name and mascot are so disturbingly WRONG! I wonder if they’ll try again to pick up some of Hostess’ brands/assets.

That bakery has a serious problem of baking things through. Their Entemans brand of baked goods winds up only half baked. really crappy stuff.

Weird. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had anything Entenmann’s, but their stuff used to be quite good.