GOP campaigns meet to try to fix debates, after complaints of liberal bias, 'gotcha'

GOP campaigns meet to try to fix debates, after complaints of liberal bias, ‘gotcha’ questions | Fox News

Some keys about this article and the proposed meeting between the GOP candidates:

“This debate structure is not leading to the best candidate coming out of the debates,” GOP candidate and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Carly Fiorina, the only female candidate in the GOP field, told ABC’s “This Week” that her team cannot attend the meeting because of logistics.
Candidate Ben Carson, who has suggested moving the debates online, told ABC he would like future ones to include opening and closing statements of at least one minute. He also voiced opposition to so-called “gotcha questions” including those that raise issues about a candidate’s long-ago past.
“Give me a break,” he said. “We need to mature in the way that we do these debates if they’re going to be useful to the American people

This is what I call BRASS BALLS. This is something the GOP has needed for the last four presidential races. (even the ones where we won.)

Kudos to Donald Trump for bringing that bag of balls with him to the game.

Since the GOP has selected moderators from the left repeatedly and allowed such antics as gotcha questions they pretty much rule what happens. Now they are mad their selections were caught and that the “debate” could not be used to forward their choice of RINO.

Personally I stopped watching debates long ago since they did nothing but provide sound and video bites and little substance. By now the field should have been narrowed considerably with actual stances being allowed to be explained rather than the little time each candidate has to speak. We need to keep in mind that while a candidate tells us what they say they will do that their past history is a good indicator of their true beliefs. To coin a phase we do not need more McCainism.

Since the GOP has selected moderators from the left repeatedly and allowed such antics as gotcha questions they pretty much rule what happens. Now they are mad their selections were caught and that the “debate” could not be used to forward their choice of RINO.

I WISH it were that simple. I WISH the establishment GOP had that kind of conviction. What they’ve always been is a bunch of COWARDS, afraid to suggest anything that might upset or offend the left wing media. They ATTACKED Donald Trump for making too much noise and not going along with the program. They wanted their man Jeb to be the nominee because maybe this time the country won’t hate us for being too conservative and the country might just like us and give us one more chance. Maybe the media will finally like us if we can just shut Trump up.

That’s the mentality of the Establishment GOP, and it has given us eight years of Clinton and eight years of Obama.

Personally I stopped watching debates long ago since they did nothing but provide sound and video bites and little substance. By now the field should have been narrowed considerably with actual stances being allowed to be explained rather than the little time each candidate has to speak. We need to keep in mind that while a candidate tells us what they say they will do that their past history is a good indicator of their true beliefs. To coin a phase we do not need more McCainism.

I think you’re on to something. The ONLY reason anyone watches the GOP debates is because of Trump. He is MISTER RATINGS. Certainly nobody is watching the Democrat debates. And I’ll be frank with you; I don’t think Trump needs those debates. I think he can continue to make personal appearances in front of sold out crowds everywhere and keep his poll numbers up.

You’re right about debates. They constrain a candidate. When Trump is in front of his own massive audiences, he becomes a stream of consciousness that is half speech half conversation with the crowd. He’s clumsy with the delivery. He’ll stop in the middle of a speech to autograph a copy of THE ART OF THE DEAL. He’ll stop in the middle of a sentence to bring up a local politician, a veteran, even Willie Robertson. He’ll go out into the crowd and interview a veteran. He actually INVITES QUESTIONS FROM THE CROWD, totally off script, totally impromptu and always 100 percent honest and believable. He’ll say something then ask the crowd what they think. And that is resonating.

I remember when Bill Clinton did the walk into the crowd thing in 1995. It was REALLY transparent for that left wing con man and people ate it up. I remember Bob Dole trying to mimic that and looking like a total phony. Apparently, THE DONALD has done some homework.

Then again, it is his personality.