Great food today!

Just wanted to tell you guys that my cole slaw (Tiny’s recipe) was a big hit! They loved it and there’s not a spoonful left! Hope all you guys had a great Memorial Day! God bless our Vets!

Oh, you like coleslaw? What do you put in yours? :cowboy:

Shredded cabbage

I like a bit of sugar and sliced carrots in mine. :slight_smile:

We usually make it with shredded carrots. I’d like a little onion in it, but FC doesn’t like it that way. The dressing I make has sugar in it.

Oh! That sounds delicious. :slight_smile: I like to eat ribs with a side of slaw. You?

I’ve never done ribs. Wouldn’t know how to start. I’m into simpler things. Like broiling a piece chicken, or frying a hamburger . . .

Just cover them with sauce and a piece of alumium foil. Bake 'em on 350 for two hours.

That sounds good, Susanna! I love cabbage cooked or raw. This recipe was very good. I think the pineapple gave it a nice sweet touch. I used to like the cole slaw that you got with KFC, but they don’t make it the same anymore. It had a sweet dressing to it. I used to like to cook and was a somewhat amateur gourmet cook for awhile. I specialized in Oriental cuisine. But, that was back when I was much younger and more ambitious! Like you, I make things simple these days. I’ve had a taste for a good steak lately. Just grilled (I like mine rare!) with a little salt, pepper, and fresh garlic on it! Mmmmm…now I got the juices going!

I think the coleslaw dressing recipe might be in the recipe thread, but I don’t know. I didn’t have any specific measurements, just “TLAR”*, as FC would say.

*“That Looks About Right”

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:1, topic:39636”]
Just wanted to tell you guys that my cole slaw (Tiny’s recipe) was a big hit! They loved it and there’s not a spoonful left! Hope all you guys had a great Memorial Day! God bless our Vets!
[/quote]Yep. had the same problem at Casa del Tiny. Not even enough to bring for my lunch, today.
Glad you liked it, CT.

That’s how my mom cooked! She rarely measured anything–she just had a second sense about cooking and baking. My dad’s mom, too. She made the most awesome chocolate chip cookies that I’ve never had since–and her recipe died with her. They were like little buttery soft mounds of cake (but denser than cake) with chocolate chips in them. They were the best! I’ll check out the recipe thread–lots of great stuff there!

Tiny it definitely is a keeper! Thanks again!

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:13, topic:39636”]
Tiny it definitely is a keeper! Thanks again!
[/quote]Anytime. I have a drawer full. Glad I could help.