Greetings

You know that battered up old guy down the block who used to work in/for the military, but can’t ever talk about what he did, but he knows all kinds of interesting little world wide tid-bits about decades gone hell holes around the globe…

Yeah, and now I’m to old, sick, and Politically Incorrect to have much of a future in the Obama-Nation.

But then, Who Does? :slight_smile:

Welcome to RO!
We can never enough curmudgeon’s!

Welcome to RO!

Welcome! Perchance do you hail from Orange County, CA?

HOWDY!!!

No, though I did live at Beale AFB for a number of years in the mid 80s. My younger daughter was born in CA, but I now have returned to NM.

Welcome to RO.

IIRC, Beale AFB is in Northern CA, near Marysville, and SR-71s were based there. I grew up not too far from Mather and McClellan AFBs in Sacramento and Travis AFB in Fairfield.

Another curmudgeon??? Welcome from another curmudgeon.

[quote=“Curmugeon, post:1, topic:36280”]

You know that battered up old guy down the block who used to work in/for the military, but can’t ever talk about what he did, but he knows all kinds of interesting little world wide tid-bits about decades gone hell holes around the globe…

Yeah, and now I’m to old, sick, and Politically Incorrect to have much of a future in the Obama-Nation.

But then, Who Does? :slight_smile:

[/quote]Reading this reminded me of a movie Blade Runner

“I’ve Seen things, you people wouldn’t believe” yep

What’s the feminine of “curmudgeon”? “Old biddy?” Whatever it is, that’s me!

welcome

Welcome from the youngest and best looking curmudgeon. Enjoy the site.

Huh, I thought you were a couple of years older than me…but to find out for sure I’d have to confess how old I am, so you can keep the title :wink:

[quote=“qixlqatl, post:15, topic:36280”]
Huh, I thought you were a couple of years older than me…but to find out for sure I’d have to confess how old I am, so you can keep the title :wink:
[/quote]WEll, I didn’t want to label you as a curmudgeon. I’ll keep the best looking, you can have the youngest. :howler:

Heh, fair enough. So long as I’m not the worst looking, I’ll be okay…