—New Members - Getting Started—
Post an introduction first – say hello!
After posting an introduction please participate in any of the other discussions
To prevent spam and troll storms, we don’t allow new members to create new threads until 7 days and 10 posts after registration
If you have any problems posting a reply to a thread, try logging out and logging back in – PM me or a moderator if it continues
- Don’t be stupid For example, if you are a liberal don’t post such things as Bush is Hitler, etc… You will be booted without warning. If you are a conservative don’t say such things as all Muslims are terrorists. It’s not about political correctness, but rather about making plain stupid comments.
- **Introduce Yourself **It helps you break the ice and get accustomed to posting. You don’t have to say much, and if you don’t know what to say just answer the following questions:
Quick Introduction in Q&A format!
- What state do you vote in?
- Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces?
- Does your username have any meaning?
- What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)?
- What is the most important topic for you in the next election?
- How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up?
And our younger members would like to know:
7) What is your favorite music?
8) What galaxy are you from? (it’s not good enough we know the state of mind you’re in.)
9) What are your favorite video games?
- No Profanity Why? It’s not that we’re prudes, but we like to set ourselves apart from the other profanity ridden boards.
- **Respect other members **Simple respect and decency is all I ask. This board has a broad age group of people, from teens (not too many) to grandparents age. So don’t say anything you wouldn’t say in front of your grandparents.
- Bad habits There may be times when one is tempted to see how close one can come to the brink of breaking RO rules without breaking any. RO staff understand … usually we don’t appreciate it, but we do understand. Don’t make a habit of personal baiting or snarks. Habitual boundary-walkers who contribute little or nothing to discussion risk being banned as a troll, at the discretion of RO’s Moderators and Administrator. Expounding an unpopular opinion contributes to discussion; junk like racism or antisemitism (not an exhaustive list) is beyond the pale.
- **Posting articles **When posting an article, DO NOT post the entire article. The proper way of posting an article is to include the first and second paragraph and then post a link to the source of the story.
- **Self promotion **If on your first post you are posting links to your site, it will be deleted. Spend some time posting useful material and then promote your site. After ten posts you can have a live link. By doing this you’ll find that more people will be interested in what you’re spamming than if you just say hey check my site out.
Posting in general When replying or posting don’t use all caps, don’t bold the entire statement, only quote when referencing a quote, italicize only when appropriate, and try to spell correctly. Any questions just ask WhoIsJohnGalt or one of the mods: RightwingNutjob, PeteS in CA, Fantasy Chaser, Devilneck.
9. New Threads: any new threads posted with only a video or link and without any of your opinion or review will be deleted as spam.