Gunman Farook had an argument about "Islam being a violent religion" with coworker

He was debating that it was a religion of peace while one of his coworkers disagreed, this happened a couple of weeks ago. Farook and his cowardly wife decide the best way to prove their thesis is to gun down innocent people and stock up on an arsenal of weapons. Flawed logic to say the least.

What’s is extremely ironic with the advent of ISIS and these lone-wolf attacks they encourage is that they have caused far more grief and harm to the very religion they claim to follow. Many peaceful muslims were slaughtered in Syria, many had to flee for their lives to avoid a radical, perverted and extremist view. Now, peaceful and otherwise good contributors in society are wrongfully being viewed negatively by some simply because they follow a religion that others have falsely represented.

This attack was particularly grotesque as it targeted a group that helped the disabled access social programs. Seems the targets are always those most easy to engage, not courageous by any means. Be it a school of children, a dance club, a church or a government office party, those most willing to attack with weapons are sure to attack the most vulnerable and unexpecting.

These types of attacks are only conducted by the most cowardly and extreme in society. I read so many online comments that condemn an entire religion, even a NY newspaper headline, when we all know that 99.99% of muslims don’t harm a fly and go about their business the same way all of us do. It is moderates and peaceful followers that need to be embraced and supported as they throw a wrench in the plans of radicals who wish to recruit.

Just my opinion on another disturbing attack on America that tries to promote fear. As Putin said, this fight against ISIS requires “one powerful fist”.

It is the peaceful and moderates that need to rise up in opposition to these extremist. We can bomb them till the end of time but so long as these people let extremist(and there will always be extremist) cower them into sub mission and control their lives we will not be able to effect any change in the ME. We have our own radical groups that promote hate and try to act in the name of Christianity. We do let that fly nor do we tolerate these groups(both publicly and privately). Extremists are only as powerful as the local population allows them to be.

Yes Seravee, but we have to agree that those running for their lives; mainly families and such, don’t have much to offer when they are being chased by animals in tanks and Humvees with rocket launchers on their shoulders. I agree wholeheartedly that the largest change has to come from those who hate these radicals as much as the rest of the world does, militarily and via spiritual opposition.

Obviously this is the long term goal, the short term is to disarm and destroy those who care little about discussion or breaking bread. Bombing can only get rid of the current crop of cowards, there are always others willing to replace them. This is where our actions and the actions of moderates willing to fight their perverted ideology with a better one is most valuable. Prevention as it were.

shockedcanadian

He was debating that it was a religion of peace while one of his coworkers disagreed, this happened a couple of weeks ago. Farook and his cowardly wife decide the best way to prove their thesis is to gun down innocent people and stock up on an arsenal of weapons. Flawed logic to say the least.

To say the very least, which is not my custom.

What’s is extremely ironic with the advent of ISIS and these lone-wolf attacks they encourage is that they have caused far more grief and harm to the very religion they claim to follow. Many peaceful muslims were slaughtered in Syria, many had to flee for their lives to avoid a radical, perverted and extremist view. Now, peaceful and otherwise good contributors in society are wrongfully being viewed negatively by some simply because they follow a religion that others have falsely represented.

Falsely represented?:coffee_spray: That is funny as Hades to me.
Radical, perverted and extremist?:rofl: Have you ever read their Holy Books? The Jihadists ARE following the tenets of their religion. The “peaceful”(for lack of a better word)are not following their Scriptures.

This attack was particularly grotesque as it targeted a group that helped the disabled access social programs. Seems the targets are always those most easy to engage, not courageous by any means. Be it a school of children, a dance club, a church or a government office party, those most willing to attack with weapons are sure to attack the most vulnerable and unexpecting.
They attack where ever, and when ever. Fort Hood was not a soft target, even though this administration prevented the soldiers from being armed.

These types of attacks are only conducted by the most cowardly and extreme in society. I read so many online comments that condemn an entire religion, even a NY newspaper headline, when we all know that 99.99% of muslims don’t harm a fly and go about their business the same way all of us do. It is moderates and peaceful followers that need to be embraced and supported as they throw a wrench in the plans of radicals who wish to recruit.

Well that is another can of worms. The quran emphatically calls for violence against unbelievers, 109 times.

Quran 4:95:
"Not equal are those of the believers** who sit (at home),** except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives.** Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).** Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward "
Seems to say that the peaceful Muslims are lesser than those who wage war.

Quran 8:67:

“It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land…”

Seems to say that slaughter is the preference, to POWs.

Quran 9: 38-39;

**“O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place.” **

Right there, they tells us that if they do not fight the unbelievers, they will be punished.

We really need to get our heads out of the sands. They own Holy Book justifies terrorism. Those you refer to as “peaceful” are actually the ones perverting Islam. And, since it is OK to lie to us, and they are REQUIRED to support the Jihad with persons or WEALTH, we can only assume that more than a small amount are jihadists. Not all of them strap on bombs and go out to kill the Infidel, but those who don’t, are supposed to fund those who do.

Just my opinion on another disturbing attack on America that tries to promote fear. As Putin said, this fight against ISIS requires “one powerful fist”.

The first thing that needs to happen is that we need to define Terrorists. The definition must include those who finance the jihad.

Yes, I agree that those who finance, radicalize, lead to, misrepresent, encourage violence and or ideological hatred (not philosophical disagreement, but something more perverse), should face some form of consequence, be they domestically motivated or from elsewhere. Be they a member of a government or a group hellbent on fury.

Most of us agree that the primary role of government is to protect their citizens, this can not be accomplished with great success if the funding and encouragement of violence against innocent civilians is an booming industry.

You can’t protect your citizens by trying to hug their enemies, either.

Funny that folks criticize Muslims for not speaking out more forcefully against hate, and then defend Donald Trump. It is indeed the peaceful and the moderate that must rise up in opposition to this extremist.

Funny, that some people will call other RO members ignorant and bigoted racists for expressing support for Trump or Cruz but then turn around and call Cruz “A divisive little mutt”. I find that very funny.

All false charges:

I’ve called Trump a bigot, not a racist.

I’ve never labelled any Trump supporter (let alone any RO member for his/her support of Trump) bigoted or racist. Indeed, I’m not sure any RO member has specifically said he/she is voting for Trump in the primary. Most seem to just enjoy the crap he says.

I’ve labelled Trump supporters weak-minded for succumbing to the “charms” of a demogogue.

I’ve never labelled either Cruz or his supporters bigots or racists. I’ve said more than once that I will vote for Cruz in the general if he’s the nominee.

And, finally, I never called Cruz a “divisive little mutt”. I called him a “divisive and often oboxious little mutt”.

:grin:

It just goes to show they are voting for Hillary or another Paul.

I don’t recall ever having criticized Muslims for not speaking out against hate. What I’ve criticized them for is not PICKING UP ARMS AND BLOWING THE SNOT OUT OF THEM!

Clearer?

I don’t dare make the obvious retort.

The problem, SC, is that YOU and those who “think” like you are “falsely representing” what Islam is about–and what it DEMANDS of its adherents. It’s true that many Muslims are “peaceful” and non-violent personally, but these are NOT “good Muslims”. They are, in fact, DENYING the precepts of their own religion if they refuse to wage jihad against “infidels.”

This attack was particularly grotesque as it targeted a group that helped the disabled access social programs. Seems the targets are always those most easy to engage, not courageous by any means. Be it a school of children, a dance club, a church or a government office party, those most willing to attack with weapons are sure to attack the most vulnerable and unexpected.
…which is WHY “gun-free zones” are such a terrible idea. Every major terrorist attack where guns were used has occurred IN one of these “gun-free zones.”

If you aren’t “afraid” of Islamic jihadis, then you suffer from head-in-the-sand syndrome. I’d welcome your “advice” as to HOW one tells the difference between one of your “peaceful” Muslims and a Muslim jihadi by just looking at them.

So, you admit that your post is racist. Thank you.

What would that be?

Jazz, Trump will never e President no matter what “polls” say. Please stop obsessing over him. Remember what I said about extremists being as powerful as the local pop. allows them to be. People like you and the media that obsess of the latest (stupid)thing Trump has said does nothing but empower him.

Seravee, I agree with you that Trump will never be President. But what I don’t want is for him to be the GOP nominee. Let him run third party if he wants. I think what the GOP needs to stop obsessing about is what happens if the party pisses Trump off and he runs as an independent. Let him. The GOP has to stand for something - first and foremost, common decency and the firm rejection of bigotry. And the sooner we know that Trump will be an independent candidate the sooner we can effectively counter with a nominee that can assemble a winning coalition despite him.

He will never be that either. He is only as power as you let him be and the more you bring him up the more powerful he becomes. Trump sells news. So long as people are there you “buy” the media will continue to put him on the front page. If he becomes the nominee it will be because of people like you who obsess over him and keep his popularity high. I never think about Trump until someone brings him up.

Jazz. You occasionally make bigoted remarks and then obsess about what you see as Trump’s “bigotry.” With tens of thousands of illegals coming here and committing even worse crimes than simply coming across the border without permission, please explain HOW opposing ALL illegals is “bigoted.” EVERYONE who comes here illegally IS a criminal, and they are criminals that you and other leftists and so-called “moderates” seem to want to clasp to your bosoms and cater to their every whim. I don’t care what their so-called “motives” are for invading this country. When they do so in violation of our immigration laws, they are CRIMINALS and deserve to be TREATED as such. Also, if you can describe for us HOW one determines whether or not one of these Muslim “refugees” is a jihadi with NO legitimate records of their backgrounds in existence anywhere and many of them carrying patently false and forged “documents,” then I’ll agree that we shouldn’t halt importing ALL Muslims from countries with a Jihadist presence…INCLUDING France, Great Britain and most other European countries.

To the initial posting, These two were radicalized a couple of years ago, and had been planning some sort of attack, one possibility was a local high school, so this WAS NOT a reactionary attack because of an office argument.
There are folks like this all over the United States just waiting their time to act. and more at the borders. Trump is right. This girl was improperly vetted and it proves our border vetting process is non-existent at best. Shut them all out until the investigation ability of the border patrols improves. Which , by the way, is EXACTLY what Trump was talking about. There are too many here who suck the teat of the liberal press being nourished by the milk of progressiveness that they fail to see what actually is being said.