Hamas military chief killed in Gaza air strike

The military wing of Hamas said in a statement that the assassination “has opened the gates of hell”.

Israel’s military said the strike was the “start of targetting Gaza militants”, according to AFP.

Witnesses say Jabari was travelling in his vehicle in Gaza City when his car exploded.

Jabari is the most senior Hamas official to be killed since an Israeli invasion of Gaza four years ago. He has long topped Israel’s most-wanted list, the Associated Press reported.

Hamas military chief killed in Gaza air strike - Telegraph

It is good to see that Israel is more pro-active. Now I realize that Obama will condemn this because it killed his buddies who were just kidding around with the shelling they do all the time.

So now the Hamas are angry, so what? Perhaps they should get all they deserve and more. I read about all the atrocities going on in the Mideast and think what if we adopted their methods? Say go in and indiscriminately kill civilians and butcher their soldiers. You know that good old fashioned torture.

However we do not do that. Our military works under a rules of engagement where it leaves our brave soldiers vulnerable to attack.

Would the hate for us be any worse if we took one of their leaders and beheaded him? I swear I look at these faces of those promoting radicalism and killing others and think how sweet it would be to just put a bullet right through that ugly face.

I read about countries that have open warfare on the christians and others who want to tax christians when they are not trying to kill them and this rant is the result

Heck I will probably have Obama after me for a hate crime saying this.

They are angry at Israel for “slaying” militants, while they merrily breeze along targeting innocents.

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:37095”]
They are angry at Israel for “slaying” militants, while they merrily breeze along targeting innocents.
[/quote]Bingo

Here we go boys and girls…

It appears to always be the case. Nobody says a word when a Hamas rocket slams into a school packed with kids… but only condemns a rightfully angered Israel for retaliation

I was reading about a pro-Palestine protest by the White House where the supporters were mad that Israel retaliated because it seems those poor innocent people who just are being happy lobing missiles at Israel really mean no harm.

Not at all amazed. They are like a school bully who loves to beat up people smaller, but when somebody shoves back, they run and tell the teacher

This is one of the things I never got about the pro-Palestine crowd. They want Israel to stop bombing Gaza, yet Gaza keeps on launching missiles into Israel. They want Israel to not protect themselves from the militants.

Reminds me of an episode of the British sitcom Yes, Prime Minister (sequel series to/with same characters as the earlier Yes, Minister). This civil servant was criticizing the Israelis for bombing the Palestinians.

PM: Maybe it’s because the Palestinians are bombing the Israelis.
CIVIL SERVANT: B-but the Israelis have bigger bombs…

Ha! Sounds like a good show. Anyway, back on topic. I’m pretty sure this is one of the reasons people look to the Palestinians as the good guys, Israel has the bigger weapons and the pro-Palestinians see Palestine as the little guy who decides to stand up to the big guy (i.e, Israel) while it’s the opposite and the little guy is trying to pick fights with the big guy and don’t expect the big guy to react to threats of violence.

I don’t really think it is. Israel is just hated by the world. For no reason. Except, of course, that they are God’s Chosen People, but few will cite that as a reason.

I was just theorizing, but in the end people don’t like Israel.

Nope. They hate Israel because they hate The Lord

True. Some people do despise the idea of God, but I think the hatred against Israel are more based upon secular and non-religious reasons, unless they’re radical Islamists because then they kill jews based upon the “orders” of Allah.

Except they aren’t God’s Chosen People, those who accept Christ as their Savior are.

[QUOTE=Galatians 3]26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.[/QUOTE]

Both Hebrew and Christian Scriptures insist membership of God’s people is open to all races on the basis of grace through faith. In Isaiah 56, we see the Lord anticipate and repudiate the rise of an exclusive Israeli nationalism. In the New Testament the term “chosen” is used exclusively of the followers of Jesus, irrespective of race (See also Ephesians 2:14-16 and Colossians 3:11-12).

When Jesus died on the cross he was the sole remnant of Israel. “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6). All the promises made to Abraham were fulfilled in and through Jesus and only among those who acknowledge him. This illustration of the remnant ‘hour glass’ shows how the promises were fulfilled.

It’s an old series from the '80s. I saw the reruns on PBS.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.