"Hard Worker" Racist

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry derailed a conversation about potential Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R., Wis.) Saturday to admonish a guest for calling him a “hard worker,” arguing it demeaned slaves and working mothers “in the context of relative privilege.”
The exchange occurred when conservative Latino activist Alfonso Aguilar sang Ryan’s praises during a panel discussion about his likely ascendance to replace John Boehner (R., Ohio).
“If there’s somebody who is a hard worker when he goes to Washington, it’s Paul Ryan,” he said. “Not only works with the Republicans but Democrats. You know very well that I work on [the] immigration issue, trying to get Republicans to support immigration reform … This is somebody who’s trying to govern.”
Harris-Perry cut in to tell Aguilar that the use of the term “hard worker” was problematic since she had a picture of slaves working in cotton fields on her office wall to remind her of when to really use that term. Her rambling response also included an attack on Republicans for demonizing working mothers.

Melissa Harris-Perry Scolds Guest to Be ‘Super Careful’ About Saying ‘Hard Worker’ Because Of Slavery - Washington Free Beacon

Democrats still trying to undermine republicans by making this claim which will be undoubtedly swallowed whole by those who will think of it when it comes time for the elections.

I wonder how many slaves or former slaves she knows?

I wonder if any of those running around even know if they had slaves as ancestors and just more likely malcontents because they can not make it unless someone gives them free stuff.

There is nothing more infuriating than for someone to bring up slavery. Really? How many f***ing slaves did you know? Were your parents slaves? Grandparents? Great Grandparents? Great Great Grandparents?

Now depending on your age that last one may be true but it is not true for me. I know all I need to know about slavery including the fact that it ended here over a 150 years ago and there has not been a slave in this country since.

At least not legally recognized.

They’re already bashing Ryan and he is a FLAMING liberal.

I don’t know how “flaming” he is, but he’s certainly a liberal–which is WHY Boehner was so keen on getting him into the Speaker’s chair.

It is a bad sign when the democrats start rooting for him

There was a tv program that did ancestry searches on celebrities.

One movie actor found out his ancestors owned slaves and it turned into a big news item.

Ben Affleck requested that the PBS documentary series “Finding Your Roots” not reveal he had a slave-owning ancestor, according to emails published online by whistleblower site WikiLeaks, and the information never appeared on the program.

Ben Affleck asked PBS to not reveal slave-owner ancestor | MSNBC