Harder riddles....

Ok smartee ones, here’s a few riddles that are not as easy as the others:

If your sock drawer has 6 black socks, 4 brown socks, 8 white socks, and 2 tan socks, how many socks would you have to pull out in the dark to be sure you had a matching pair?

If I say to you, “Everything I tell you is a lie.” Am I telling you the truth or a lie? Why?

The truth. If you’re telling the truth then you’re lying but you just said everything was a lie so it’s the truth.

What about the first riddle?

five

Explain why 5…

If you draw 4 you could get one of each color and then the 5th would have to match one of the previous 4.

That’s only if you didn’t get a repea color out of the first4.

Very good, UNT! I thought that would slow you guys down at least a little, but I was wrong! :beerchug: I’m just going to have to get some algebra word problems to stump you guys! (Maybe not, either!)

BOP: Your answer is actually correct when following your train of thought. The simple answer is that it’s a lie because the statement itself says that everything told will be a lie. Basically what you said in a kinda roundabout way! :slight_smile:

It’s that public school education :wink:

Most of the riddles you have posted are pretty common ones. Not that they arent hard, but if you are into riddles you have probably heard them before.

What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

You guys have probably heard this one because it’s old: A man and his son were driving along on a road. A truck comes along and hits their car. Both the father and son are injured. Two ambulances come taking the father to one hospital and the son to another. When the son arrives in the emergency room, the emergency room doctor says that the boy needs surgery. When the son arrives in the operating room, the surgeon looks at the boy and says, “I can’t operate on this boy because he’s my son.” Who was the surgeon?

Here’s another real old one, but it does stump people: There’s this guy who lives on the 17th floor of a building. Every morning, he leaves his apartment, goes to the elevator, presses the down button, gets in the elevator, goes to the lobby, gets out, gets in his car and goes to work. However, when he gets back after work, he gets in the elevator, presses the button for the 11th floor, gets off on the 11th floor and takes the stairs up to the 17th floor. Why does he do this? (Hint: He has to do this.)

Hahahahaha!!! You know me too well now, don’t you? :slapper:

Haha the first one is a towel I believe

The other two are a little more confusing.

Red state answer: The boy’s mother

Blue state answer: the boy’s “other” dad

There’s another version: He only does this strange routine when it’s sunny, but when it rains outsides when he leaves in the morning, he comes home and goes straight to the 17th floor. Why?

Hmmmm…that’s a tough one. Do you know the answer to mine? If you do, keep it to yourself. I’d like to see if anyone else can get it. BTW, here’s another hint: the guys HAS to do this–he has no choice.

Hahahahaha!!! Yep! You’re right about that one!! :beerchug:

Very good, BOP! The answer is a sponge, but a towel would work just as well! Great job!

Yeah, I know the answer. And the sunny vs. rainy thing makes it ever more interesting! :slight_smile: