Have Jet Will Evangelize

There was a Reddit kerfuful the other day and the highlight was a video of two televevangelists justifiying (trying to) their private jets:

As a non-religious person, this cracked me up (there’s a sucker born every minute, after all), but does this bother any of the more faithful here? Have these teleevangelists gotten out of hand?

Yes! These two are money grubbing charlatans and false teachers who contradict the Bible in many ways. Creflo Dollar is another one who tried to justify an expensive private jet. They contradict the Bible in their pulpits, make money their God, and then feed off their congregation. It’s pathetic. You might enjoy and learn from this video posted below.**

<div class=“lazyYT” data-youtube-id=“21YYN2E7xkY” data-width=“480” data-height=“270” data-parameters=“feature=oembed&wmode=opaque”></div>

**2 Peter 2:1-3 **2 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. [SUP]2 [/SUP]And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Here is the full version…

<div class=“lazyYT” data-youtube-id=“eQtQinXtsKE” data-width=“480” data-height=“270” data-parameters=“feature=oembed&wmode=opaque”></div>

Rick Warren seems like a decent guy. I don’t agree with his social positions, but he seems down-to-Earth. His son committed suicide and Warren’s put a lot of effort into educating people about mental illness. As a parent, I would fall apart if I lost my only kid. As an agnostic, I find it disheartening that if something DID happen to him, I don’t believe he would end up anywhere, but in the ground, food for worms.

Ken Copeland: God Gave Us Private Jets Because You Can’t Talk to God in Coach

> Ken Copeland and Jesse Duplantis, on the December 29th, 2015 broadcast of the Believers Voice of Victory claimed that God gave them their private jets because you can’t talk to God in commercial airliners. In other words, they claim that they have important conversations with God which would otherwise be impossible if they were flying coach.

Ken Copeland: God Gave Us Private Jets Because You Can’t Talk to God in Coach

Yes Kenneth Copeland is a dangerous heretic. He once said something to the effect of, “God needs you strong, God needs you well, and God needs you rich,” to which Justin Peters replied, “God loves us, but He does not need us. We need Him.” I guess Copeland never considered the Apostles, people in the early church or Reformation, modern day missionaries, Christian victims of the likes of ISIS, etc.

Regarding prayer and talking to God in coach, Paul talked to God in prison. Christ enabled the believer to be able to communicate with the Holy God on a personal basis any place and any time. Copeland’s remarks are blasphemous.

Yes the worm food thing is disturbing. However, the death of the soul is more frightening than the death of the body. When one dies, they go to Heaven or Hell. Yeah, Rick Warren does some good things and these are important. Theologically though, he is way off and his teaching should be avoided. He has exposed many Christians to Eastern and New Age meditation which is just one concern many have about Warren.

Rick Warren - Berean Research

[MENTION=11882]DHLiberal[/MENTION]

Con men are present everywhere. They will use what ever means to better themselves at the expense of others. There are those that are genuinely afraid of death and seek solace in religion(whatever its form) and these con men exploits that fear and tell them what they want to hear. Con men such as this are not limited to religion they are "doctors"and “Fortune tellers”. Charlatans are charlatans no matter what hide they wear. I feel this way about New(Zen) Buddhism.

I didn’t realize Copeland is still alive (I don’t follow his doings, for reasons that will be apparent). That said, his teachings are at best wa-a-a-a-ay out of balance i the context of what the Bible, especially the NT, teach. I’ve eschewed him and his teaching since the mid 1970s: my pastor, who was of similar charismatic background, went to one of Copeland’s events, where Copeland “prophesied” that Richard Nixon would be vindicated. It seemed - to him and to me - absurd at the time, and has proven to be, indeed, absurd. IMO, “charlatan” is not an exaggeration, so I’m not sure how to comment on Copeland’s ownership/usage of a private jet, given that POV context.

I’m not familiar with Duplantis. He may be somewhere in the “Prosperity Gospel” range, but looking over his ministry website, he doesn’t seem to put a lot of emphasis on it (like Copeland or Creflo Dollar). I won’t say a private jet could not be an appropriate asset in a ministry* (some places in Africa and Asia can take 2 or more days to get to by commercial transportation), I would regard it as marginal or worse unless proven otherwise.

• I know of a ministry that has, at various times over the years, owned and operated a former cruise ship and purpose-built ships. That could seem over-the-top, until one learns what Mercy Ships’ ministry is, and what it does with those ships. Mercy Ships brings medical and surgical care to third world countries, using the ships as floating hospitals and surgery centers (and since the ships generate their own power, they neither burden local power distribution nor are affected by outages). Not unlike the newer secular NGO Orbis, which operates a DC-10 or MD-10. Another analogous ministry is Mission Aviation Fellowship.

So knowing how high-dollar assets such as ships or planes are used can make a world of difference.

My brother (silli) had posted on a topic regarding this subject.

These folks seem to think that the accumulation of wealth is an indication that they are doing God’s work and deserve to keep accumulating ‘Stuff’!

An example:

> Joyce Meyers - Decide for yourself
>
>
> Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich.
>
> Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband’s $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children – all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God.
>
> It’s been an amazing run, nothing short of a miracle, says Meyer, a one-time bookkeeper who heads one of the world’s largest television ministries. Her Life in the Word organization expects to take in $95 million this year.
>
> Just look around, she told reporters last month from behind her desk on the third floor of the ministry’s corporate offices in Jefferson County.

Joyce Meyers - Decide for yourself

And this …

> Greedy Televangelists!
> Where’s all that money going?
>
> * “Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter”(Isaiah 56:11)
> .
>
> “And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” (2nd Peter 2:3)
> *

Greedy Televangelists!

Ever since Kathryn Kuhlman I’ve been aware of these charlatans. I think I was pretty young when she was around, but there was a story about a young woman who asked to take a half day off work to go to the afternoon session of one of her “revivals.” Someone asked her why she wanted to take time off work when she could go to the evening session. It seems that Kuhlman’s crew offered her - I think it was $15, which was a lot of money in those days, more than she would have made in a whole day in her clerical job - to sit in a wheel chair and then pretend to be healed.

"Sister Aimee, was a Canadian-American Los Angeles–based evangelist and media celebrity. She founded the Foursquare Church. McPherson has been noted as a pioneer in the use of modern media, as she used radio to draw on the growing appeal of popular entertainment in North America and incorporated other forms into her weekly sermons at Angelus Temple.

In her time she was the most publicized Christian evangelist, surpassing Billy Sunday and her other predecessors. She conducted public faith healing demonstrations before large crowds; testimonies conveyed tens of thousands of people healed. McPherson’s articulation of the United States as a nation founded and sustained by divine inspiration continues to be echoed by many pastors in churches today."

Aimee Semple McPherson October 9, 1890 – September 27, 1944.

There are religious hucksters on every corner all looking for a pocketful of change along with that there are 100’s if not 1000’s of real and semi-real religions from the 1st Church of the Self Righteous to radical Islam and everything in between. They prey upon an litany of things from faith healing to you are going to hell and I can show you the path to the savior. Then there is my brand of religion called Davy Crockett: “ya’ll can go to hell, I am going to Texas”

Religion is where the problem is, NOT a belief in GOD. Interesting in that most Christian Bibles read about the same yet there are lots of interpretations, ALL by men.

Its my belief that no one has ever been a bigger huckster than ole Mohammad who said there were 72 virgins waiting on you and we can see where this has all led to over the past 1000+ years.

If God did not want us to eat Pork he would have never given us Bacon! Listen to God, not to man…

I feel like a sign that things for me and the Lord are getting better is when I can simply trust him through the good and the bad. I don’t want to be rich, I want to be happy. Someone told about a Chinese reality show where a woman said she’d rather cry in a bmw than smile on a bike. There are things I enjoy that I own, I never want something to master me. A real gift from the Lord is peace, true peace, not like stoned peace, or sedated peace, but just knowing without knowing that everything is gonna be allright. Btw Jesus-Is-Savior is a really good resource.

I think there’s a major difference between pastors who become rich through their book deals and speaking gigs, versus the ones who pay themselves millions in salary from the church donations.