He wants you

Men look at pretty women. That goes for men who are married, men who are dating, and men who are single. That’s their nature. But is this built-in attraction with the female body a threat to their spouse, girlfriend, or partner?

He Wants You [video] - Illinois Review

I have to agree. Yes I look at other women but even thinking of wanting other than my little woman is out of the question.

Ditto.

**Matthew 5:27-28 **
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I’ll take this over the Daily Mail, or even Dennis Prager, for that matter.

I could stand corrected, but I don’t think I need to watch a video to know I don’t feel threatened by my husband acknowledging that another woman is nice looking. Facts are facts. I sometimes acknowledge that a man is nice looking.

Neither acknowledgement, however, comes with any kind of lust attached to it. It comes with no more feeling than, say, while driving along the road and pointing out, “Oh, what a lovely landscape they have in front of their home.”

1 Like

One needs the self-discipline to distinguish between thought and action.

I drive a 21-year old car, but still buy the “buff books” that feature articles about aspirational vehicles like Beemers and Corvettes that I’ll never own. Sure, I notice pretty girls, or more specifically pretty women, because I’m at the age that older women look far more attractive to me than the young ones. But I’d never act on my admiration. Besides, Mrs. Jazz is still hot as a pistol.

LOL. Since you routinely eschew firearms, how would YOU know how hot a pistol might be???

:firing::coffee_spray:

2 Likes

Good one, Dave.

How about - hot as swingin’ Dixieland jazz.

I see this as just the nature of people. Wanting to look at attractive people sells movies, television and magazines. Maybe it shouldn’t be that way, but it is.

What I don’t understand is why you assume there is lust - of any sort - attached to someone’s opinion of another person’s appearance.

“That woman is pretty.” A simple fact. That you attach lust to that simple fact - or even a need to resist temptation when none is there - is, quite frankly, insulting on all counts.

1 Like

Saying “that is a pretty woman” is a whole lot different from saying “I’d like to get her in bed.”

1 Like

No kidding. I worry some about those who think the two must be attached.

When I first married, 50 years come June, my new wife & I were driving downtown, and sitting at a traffic light I watched a real shapely and beautiful girl walking down the sidewalk.
The new Missus watched me a couple of seconds and commenced to scold me and I dutifully lied (course at the moment I meant it :yes:) and said I would stop.
She mused a couple of minutes and then said, " Honey, it’s OK to look. You wouldn’t be normal if you didn’t. As long as you don’t touch it will be fine."
Like I said, nearly 50 years and I’ve held true to her request; and incidentally, I thank God quite frequently for her, and don’t know how I could live w/o her now!!! GOD IS GOOD

1 Like

I assume you didn’t watch the video. Sure, someone can say or think, “She’s pretty,” and it doesn’t amount to lust any more than, “She’s a cute kid.” But, this is very different from going to the beach and looking at women in bikinis. Looking at women in bikinis is also different than looking at Azaleas in front of someone’s home.

Ah, I see your point.

(And, btw, I wish I’d used the word “confusing” rather than “insulting.” I was thinking of my husband, and accusing him of lusting another woman would be…well…silly, if not ‘insulting.’ He’s just not like that.)

1 Like

RW’s post prompted me to go ahead and watch the video.

If that’s what women are really “thinking” - and I use the term loosely - then WOW there’s a whole lot of extremely insecure women out there.
My advice? Don’t bring your husband to the beach.

While I understand the biological mechanism in guys that makes it next to impossible NOT to notice a woman strutting across his view in a bikini, if you’re ogling, you’re showing a ton of disrespect.

FWIW, my husband is the type to look at me and roll his eyes. IOW, “Crave attention much?” And we laugh.

Anyway, thanks Mr. Prager University guy for the invitation, but I think I’ll pass.

1 Like