Hello all! Thanks for welcoming a free thinker.

Hi everyone!

My name is Phil and I joined this forum to better understand and relate to more conservative viewpoints. I consider myself somewhat of a free-thinker gulp. Though the term has become somewhat synonymous with “hippiedom”, I consider “freethought” to actually be more about logic, which the word implies, than jumping on anything the far-left throws out there.

It seems logical to understand different perspectives as best as possible, instead of making assumptions about a large group based on the actions of one or two people.

Through interacting here on this forum, I hope to get a more realistic idea of what conservatism is about from real people instead of right and left campaign advertising.

Thanks for welcoming me and sharing your wisdom here on this forum.

Best Regards,
Phil

I live in a town founded by “free thinkers” actually I live outside of the town, but its where I trade

Remember on here: You are ENTITLED to your opinion, but NOT entitled to your own facts…

Welcome, you should add a lot to our discussions…

Hi Oaks,

Thanks for the welcome!

When you said that you live near a town founded by free thinkers, I couldn’t help but to picture a nudist hippie camp lol. I guess even I have a few preconceived ideas about “free thinking”.

Amen to this. Facts are common ground for us all, but that’s just my opinion :slight_smile: . I’ll do my best to remember that.

Thanks again for the reply.

It was founded back in the 1800’s by a group of free thinkers, part of the movement, they were LEGAL immigrants from Germany

Hello Phil and welcome to RO.

:smile:

Welcome!!!

Please be sure to read our Guide to Surviving RO. The questions are to help us start to get to know you in a sometimes fun way. Besides, we’re a nosy bunch.

When you said that you live near a town founded by free thinkers, I couldn’t help but to picture a nudist hippie camp lol. I guess even I have a few preconceived ideas about “free thinking”.

It was founded back in the 1800’s by a group of free thinkers, part of the movement, they were LEGAL immigrants from Germany

:coffee_spray: :rofl: “a nudist hippie camp” :rofl: :coffee_spray:

Were they German Lutherans fleeing the rigid state church that Bismarck was co-opting as part of his effort to forge unity among the newly united German states?