Hello Everyone

Hi, this is Lord Brennus, teenage Conservative Libertarian from Kentucky. I came here because I have been debating politics on the internet for some time now, but of course, the internet is a very liberal place, and I have been treated like a complete fool simply for disagreeing with the leftist majority. Looking for some wholesome discussion!

I don’t agree with some parts of the GOP platform, am I still welcome here?

Sure, you’re welcome! A lot of us got disillusioned and fed up with the GOP over the years, including the founder of the site. We have a few liberals and left-leaning independents here (as well as some that don’t fit conventional classifications), but we also have pretty good (not perfect, but pretty good) moderation here to keep the flame wars down.

Please take a gander at this if you haven’t already, and if you would, take a shot at the questionnaire therein (answer as much or as little as you can/feel like) to help us get aquainted: http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f11/guide-surviving-ro-8270/

Anyway, I don’t much care if you agree with parts of the GOP platform; what I want to know is this: Are you pro-Mollusk or not?..

I’m pro-mollusk.

More about me:
I Used to live in the United Kingdom (Wales)
I love to read
I love to play strategy games (both computer and board)
I love martial arts
I love history of any kind
I will be able to vote in 2014

In answer to your question above, Welcome!!!

Forgot to respond to the rest of this. I’m with you on reading (used to do mainly sci-fi/fantasy and aviation/military aviation nonfiction; a little more omnivorous nowadays) and strategy games. I do a lot of Yuri’s Revenge and Total Annihilation on the computer, and I used to do a lot of Battletech on the tabletop.

Most of what I play is Civilization and Total War. I also like a good game of risk when people want to play it with me.

Nice. I love Civilization. Been playing Civ V recently.

Welcome.

Hello Lord Brenus and welcome to RO the land of aspiring dragon slayers.

Some of us here, with an amused expression upon our cheerful faces, fight a somewhat relaxed music-playing-in-the-background war against such things as the Oprahization of America, Occupy Wall Street, their Public Bowel Movement Brigade, halitosis of the general attitudes, the unholy trinity of Gloom, Doom, Dispair, and of course an on-going mockery against the leebruls who have enslaved logic and reason as bond-slaves to their leebrul WILL and no longer even pretend to be people of intellectual integrity.

Wear it proudly as a badge of honor …
while never forgetting that economics and demography are on your Conservative side, and both will guarantee that the leebruls go belly up politically dead in the water and stinking up the pond of history.

(Keep listening for the leebrul scream of real sustained agony to be heard first from Europe, as they come face to face with economic reality and their unsustainable welfare states and then later their own certain-coming now-irreversable demographic death as they are first conquered demographically and then democratically-politically by the fast multiplying high-birthrate unassimulating sons of the Prophet aka adherents of the “Religion Of Peace.”)

The GOP does not agree with some parts of it either. collapses on the floor in hysterical laughter

Heh heh, exactly, and that was a most polite way of putting it, eh, spoken like a true gentlemen.

Good, the concept is alive, it never dies, Game World today, Real World tomorrow, but I note that Political War is the best format because this way we can beat, frustrate, and humiliate the enemies of goodness and common decency, and still go shopping at the mall in the evenings :smiley:

Now, now…is that supposed to be a smile or a sleepy little clammy??

Jack: You are sooooo funny! Oprahization of America?? Too funny! I can’t stand her… Also, I think you just coined a new internet acronym: COTFIHL! Although, I would change the “C” from “collapsing” to “convulsing”…just my little suggestion…ahem! :yes:

Oh, Lord B: WELCOME!! Why did you ever leave the UK??? I wish I could get there to search out my heritage (English), but it doesn’t seem like that will happen…sigh

:flag:  :brit

Re the Oprahization of America: :howler:

Reportedly, Oprah has helped significient numbers of American liberal males get in touch with their feminine side and go on to find deep personal fullfilment in such things
as (1) loud public sobbing upon seeing animals in distress, (2) prolonged empathetic public hugging of smelly homeless persons (who btw tried to get away from them),
and (3) the courage to start silicone injections eventually acheiving B-cup status.

Reportedly, one such individual, Bruno Tuff Jones, was born not only with a strong masculine name but with strongly pronounded masculine physical characteristics, large shoulders and large arms and large muscles.

Bruno, a liberal and a member of the Democratic Party, was deeply unhappy for years about his condition until one day while surfing the TV he happened upon the Oprah show and became a regular fan. “Free at last, free at last, great Oprah a’mighty free at last”, he changed his name from Bruno Tuff Jones to Brunie Fluff Jones and began regular silicone treatments, accompanied by long periods of inactivity lying in bed waiting for his muscles to atrophy.

Finally at last, Brunie Fluff, (now nick-named “Bouncing Brunie” … the silicone you remember) sufficienty weak and puny, found his niche in the liberal movement as the chairman of the Anti-National Football League Association, an organization who lobbys for the end of football in America. “Its such a violent game” says Brunie Fluff as he reaches out and grabs a homeless dude for a nice long hug.

:howler:

Start quote.
"Oprahization, sometimes spelled Oprah-ization or Oprahtization, is a neologism that refers to an increased sensitivity towards self-disclosure, particularly from victims of abuse or other tragedies. The term takes its name from The Oprah Winfrey Show, in which the eponymous host Oprah Winfrey often **uses “extraordinary empathic skills in extracting self-disclosures and gut-wrenching confessions from her guests.”[**1]

In the context of politics, Oprahization refers to the tendency for politicians to discuss the ways in which they and their families have suffered, thereby “endearing the candidate to the nation **as a man of sensitivity and caring.”[**2] In the context of law, Oprahization refers to the tendency for juries to acquit or impose reduced sentences upon those defendants who have been victimized in some way, even when there is compelling evidence of guilt…

The Oprahization of politics refers to the tendency for politicians to characterize themselves as having lived a life of suffering and tragedy as a means of appealing to the emotions of voters."
End quote
Oprahization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CT,

/Big Grin … Convulsing on the floor in hysterical laughter is cool.

:cool:

Welcome Lord B! We have another Lord here somewhere. Goes by Flasheart.

Jack: Wow…I thought you were kidding about the Oprah-thingy. I know, I know–tongue-in-cheek… Glad you like my little edit! Sometimes that is the only way to describe one’s hysterics after reading some leftie’s comments! COTFIHL!! :rofl: :howler: :coffee_spray:

Smiling eyes. Like in this one:

LOL! Sorry…I don’t speak clam! :shhh:

It’s easy; just repeat after me:

Giant intelligent clams have ascended from the depths to take over the universe. Oh hail to the great Magnaclams; may their neutronium shells shine in splendor forever…

Occupy Wall Street is somewhat of a joke in my mind, even my left-wing friends agree. What surprises me is that they haven’t collapsed yet. Never heard of Oprahization before, but I like the way it sounds.

Wear it proudly as a badge of honor …
while never forgetting that economics and demography are on your Conservative side, and both will guarantee that the leebruls go belly up politically dead in the water and stinking up the pond of history.

I’m just hoping they the leebruls would go belly up politically dead a lot sooner.

(Keep listening for the leebrul scream of real sustained agony to be heard first from Europe, as they come face to face with economic reality and their unsustainable welfare states and then later their own certain-coming now-irreversable demographic death as they are first conquered demographically and then democratically-politically by the fast multiplying high-birthrate unassimulating sons of the Prophet aka adherents of the “Religion Of Peace.”)

As someone who used to live in Europe and experienced firsthand the British system (although I was very young), I don’t want America to become like that.

The GOP does not agree with some parts of it either. collapses on the floor in hysterical laughter

Point taken.

Good, the concept is alive, it never dies, Game World today, Real World tomorrow, but I note that Political War is the best format because this way we can beat, frustrate, and humiliate the enemies of goodness and common decency, and still go shopping at the mall in the evenings :smiley:

Yes.

I was actually born in Louisville, and only moved there because my dad had to go to Wales for his job, we ended up leaving sooner than expected as my aunt died and we came back to the US for the funeral, and for some complicated reasons we never came back to live there, however, we occasionally come back to visit friends.

I would rather not live there for a few reasons:
Rotten healthcare system
High taxes to pay for rotten healthcare
Excessive taxes on gasoline because the regular taxes just aren’t enough
Everything is more expensive

For these reasons my parents came to Britain Clinton-loving Democrats and left as Conservatives.

My brother-in-law is British. Wonderful guy. My dad was 100% English, although born here. I’ve always wanted to live and work in England, but my BIL tells me I wouldn’t like it there now. He says it is overrun with “turks” (his expression). I know that England has been heavily influenced with Indian culture, etc., but I didn’t know about the arabs (aka muslims). He says it is very difficult to get work and like you said, the taxes are enormous. Well, I’d still like to go there for a visit, but that doesn’t seem likely. I do love English cooking, though. Give me a good old roast beef with Yorkshire, some bangers and mash, spotted dick, and beans on toast and I’ll be a “happy clam”! I even like drippin and Marmite. Oh well…off topic again.

Did you ever watch “Keeping Up Appearances” while in the UK? I used to be able to get it on Canadian TV, but not here in OH. The guy who played Daisy’s husband just recently died (can’t remember his name). I always liked him.

:brit :usa: