Hello fro Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County California

Conservative CaliforniaCCW Holder

If you’re here to contribute to our discussions, WELCOME. If you’re here to sell books, Bye bye!

[quote=“Pappadave, post:2, topic:47712”]
If you’re here to contribute to our discussions, WELCOME. If you’re here to sell books, Bye bye!
[/quote]Ditto.

And you’ll have to tolerate at least my liberal Democratic views. And insults, foul language and personal attacks that are my modus operundi.

Hi there. B)

You’ll probably hear it from the mods, but your avatar pic is too big, it needs to be 100 x 100 pixels.

I think the spec is 110 x 110.

Anyway:

Hi and welcome!

Really? Currently, the upload page is captioned with:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)

I don’t know if there’s something different for mods (none that I’ve heard of), but I’ve got a tab open in the User CP on the Edit Avatar page, and I’ve just copied and pasted this:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 110 by 110 pixels or 39.1 KB (whichever is smaller).

At any rate, he’s reduced his to a managable size.

CAlifornia?

With that name, I had you pegged for Shreveport, Ruston, Monroe or some such in the Motherland state.

SHasta county is kinda like Calabama lol

Welcome! … wait… what? We have Democrats here?

Just because he lives in a Democrat stronghold doesn’t make him one. Anyway, we welcome anyone to this site who is willing to follow the rules. We’re not an echo chamber. And even conservatives will be banned if they don’t follow the rules.

[quote=“DarthBane, post:10, topic:47712”]
Welcome! … wait… what? We have Democrats here?
[/quote]Me for one. And a progressive one. You’ll have to tolerate at least my liberal Democratic views. And insults, foul language and personal attacks that are my modus operundi.

Take JBG’s proclamations with a large grain of salt. He’s as conservative–and generally polite–as everyone here is.

:banana:

[quote=“Pappadave, post:14, topic:47712”]
Take JBG’s proclamations with a large grain of salt. He’s as conservative–and generally polite–as everyone here is.

[/quote]The people who are truly conservative believe that women shouldn’t drive or vote, that gays and transsexuals should be beheaded or thrown off of cliffs, and that places of pleasure such as concert halls or stadiums should be destroyed and their users killed, in the name of religion.

Other conservatives, to quote Teddy Kennedy, a paragon of virtue, believe in returning to an America where blacks ride at the back of the bus, and attend segregated schools (from his critique of Robert Bork’s confirmation to the Supreme Court).

As I said… :whistle:

[quote=“JBG, post:15, topic:47712”]
The people who are truly conservative believe that women shouldn’t drive or vote, that gays and transsexuals should be beheaded or thrown off of cliffs, and that places of pleasure such as concert halls or stadiums should be destroyed and their users killed, in the name of religion.

Other conservatives, to quote Teddy Kennedy,** a paragon of virtue,** believe in returning to an America where blacks ride at the back of the bus, and attend segregated schools (from his critique of Robert Bork’s confirmation to the Supreme Court).
[/quote]:coffee_spray:

Someone call the surgeon; it’s stuck in his cheek again…

Shasta County - we used to have a houseboat on Lake Shasta - at Silverthorne Resort when it was owned by Merle Haggard.

Hmm, Shasta County - pot capital of the Western Hemisphere.

Welcome aboard.

CA isn’t as large as TX or AK, but it’s a big place. The Central Valley, Sierras, and Siskyous are almost in a different galaxy from SF-Berserkeley or the Land of LA. Whole lot more sane people living in those former areas (I grew up in the Central Valley, but I may be an exception). BTW, the city of Weed was so named long before “weed” became a slang term for marijuana. Anyway …

Welcome!!!

Please be sure to read our Guide to Surviving RO. The questions are to help us start to get to know you in a mostly fun way. And we’re just a really nosy bunch.