Hello from Oceanloveroh

1. What state do you vote in? Ohio
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? Yes; served 20 years in the USAF; now Uncle Sugar pays me every month just cuz I’m cute :yes:
  3. Does ‘oceanloveroh’ have any meaning? Yes; I was born and raised in southern Calif…I live in OH (Hubby’s home state) but I do love the ocean!
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? The Anne McCaffrey series Dragonriders of Pern
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? Getting rid of Obummer
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? Immediately…I was invited by my bestbestbest friend, Tigger:cat:

I am female, conservative, and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

2 Likes

Well, look what the cat dragged in. Hey, wait! I resemble that remark!:cat:

Hi sweetie! Glad to see you made it!

Folks, you’re going to love her. She’s a fantastic cook, a great friend, and a wonderful person.

She also has a wonderful sense of humor. Of course she has to; she puts up with me.

Purrs,
Tigger

Welcome to RO. I hope you enjoy it here!

1 Like

Thanks, Pappadave! She is so precious to me. She loves it already!

Hi and welcome! I never got much into the Pern series, but I have read a little Anne McCaffrey. I used to read other fantasy series like Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms. I’m more of a sci-fi guy.

1 Like

Then you should give the Pern series another try. It IS Science Fiction. Despite the reference to “dragons” it’s NOT “fantasy” with lots of “magic” and “wizards” etc. Taken altogether, McCaffrey gives rational explanations for the development of the dragons and the scourge of “thread.”

1 Like

:wave: from the beach in So. Calif.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t do the magic and stuff; it’s just that whatever you call it, it’s just not my cup of tea.

1 Like

I understand. If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. I found the series to be interesting reading and engaging–until she allowed her son to contribute. Unfortunately, he’s nowhere near the talent she is. It jumps all over the place and it probably should be read from the original arrival at Pern on, which would explain the descent into feudalism.

1 Like

You are a meanie!! Bragging about being on the beach!! Shame on you [MENTION=15856]Cruella[/MENTION]! :coffee_spray:

Purrs,
A laughing Tigger

Welcome to RO!

I know, that’s why they call me Cruella.

Yoww! LOL.

Purrs,
Tigger

Hey @Cruella! Another Calif native? Which beach are you close to? I was born and raised in Santa Ana. Spent a lot of my beach time at Newport Beach and learned to surf at Huntington Beach. My favorite beach is Trunk Bay at the US Virgin Island of St. John. Just call me Gidget, LOL!

I’m north of where you were, at the west facing beaches.

Gidget…noooooooooooo!

Why does The Mamas and The Papas song “California Dreaming” come to mind? :drool:

I am so sorry to say this, but Oceanlover passed away this morning around 3:30am. Her health had been failing, she wasn’t able to post very much at all. I can say her passing was very peaceful; she slipped away very quietly in her sleep. She passed at home with her husband at her side.

She was a great friend, a wonderful person, and I’m sorry you all didn’t get to know her very well. She had an incredible sense of humor, a proud retired Air Force sergeant, she loved our country and served us very well.

She suffered from non-alcoholic liver failure from severe diabetes and was very sick and in and out of the hospital shortly after she joined here.

God bless her family, and rest in peace, Ann. I miss you, my dear friend, but you’re in Heaven now and no longer ill. One fine day, we’ll meet again.

With very sad purrs,
A very sad Tigger

Hi Sweetie. I just heard this sad news myself. Dear Sweet Ocean. Now she’ll get to meet her dear online friend Fyrenza/Wendy who passed suddenly in June. Don’t despair, Tigger…>they’re together in the loving arms of their Lord and Savior.

3 Likes

Yes, they are. Thank you so much, Caroline. I was very close to her and I’m reeling still. And you’re right.

Thank you, hon. I appreciate you.

Purrs,
Tigger

1 Like

Wow. Sorry to hear this. Condolences. I’m learning in recent years (including last week) to really hate death. Thank God that He wins and Satan loses.

3 Likes