Hello, its Mario!

Hello guys! Its me, mario! I just want to say that your site is amazing! Good luck!

Welcome.

Hi, badly programmed spambot.

Yup. For some reason, spambots like the Red State Recipe forum. And Skinue is a bot. Check THIS out.

Wow, 373 hits on the first line of his intro!

He’s from the “JihadChat.com”…Dang

[quote=“Elmira_Viking, post:4, topic:11893”]
Yup. For some reason, spambots like the Red State Recipe forum. And Skinue is a bot. Check THIS out.
[/quote]How odd.
http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=439820
They thikn he’s a normal poster, and yet there’s still no actual spam…
WHY design this?

A whole forum dedicated to plecos… How sad…

I don’t know. 'Cause they’re stupid ?.

The bot should come back at some point and drop links, the software used for forum spamming is called xrumer. It has a learning curve from what some spammer friends of mine have told me. Possibly these are newb spammers.

OK, so I log onto the site and click on the first new thread I see which happened to have been this one at the time and it seems like someone new so I welcome him without noticing it’s in the Recipe forum.

No wait, I knew it was a bot the whole time and was just trying to lure him in until someone blew the cover…yeah.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

Haha, don’t worry it happens to the best of us.

Where is Luigi?

Ok, I’m lost like a pimp in church. What are you all talking about :confused:

Me???

No, will - How did you all know it was a bot.

You’ll find out soon enough on your forum.

Whenever you have something as idiotic as introducing yourself in a recipe forum. Just copy the text used and do a search with it, and you’ll see hundreds of exact intro’s at other sites.

ROTL Gotcha !! Is this something with vbulletin?

And here i am looking for a pasta and mushroom recipe!

Pasta + Mushrooms= there you go.