Hello there, scott from CU and NU here.

Hello, I’m scott and I live in Central Florida. I recognize some names from the old CU and NU. I’m a fiscal conservative and social libertarian. I’m Catholic, father of 4 kids, entrepreneur, amateur astronomer.

On edit, other info:

Quick Introduction in Q&A format!

1. What state do you vote in? Florida
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? USMC (Arabic linguist) 1988-1995
  3. Does your username have any meaning? first name and state
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? Freakonomics, Superfreakonomics, Ender’s Game
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? economic style
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? A few days

And our younger members would like to know:
7) What is your favorite music? Metal (Tool, Slipknot, Disturbed) but I like almost all types.
8) What galaxy are you from? (it’s not good enough we know the state of mind you’re in.) ???
9) What are your favorite video games? Call of Duty MW3, Kinect Adventures, Portal 2, Rock Band

Hm, are you one of the Scott’s I knew on CU?

Hey pretty lady, I sure am. :slight_smile: It’s been a few years.

Welcome to RO!

Welcome!

Welcome!!!

Hi and welcome! Former Navy here (avionics tech; '83-'89). I’ve also done the amateur astronomy thing, although not so much these days. I have an Odyssey 8 Newtonian collecting dust. I still take take a pair of binoculars out on a good night once in a while.

Semper Fi from Sgt J. I did a split stint, 1995-99, 2001-2004. It wasn’t really broken if you count the inactive reserve time, between and after the last hitch.

Welcome Scott from Central Florida! I lived in South Florida (Davie) for about 11 years and hated every nanosecond of it. But, I had to be there to help with my ill mom, grandparents and aunt. They all passed away and I scurried out of there as soon as I can–2 weeks AFTER Hurricane Andrew hit. Anyway, welcome to the forum. The folks here are great and I’ve been enjoying myself totally. Great having you here!

Welcome, shipmate :wink: I for one don’t believe we could ever have too many Marines around…

Semper Fi USMC, GAWD I love you guys…used to talk to ya’all late late at night back in '68 on my PRC 25 I was not far way…

Operation Pegasus: Khe_Sanh

Good on you!!!