Hello To The Board And I'm Glad To Be A Member.

Hi everybody, its nice to be here with you and thank you for the opportunity to share some of my thoughts and ideas with you as time goes on.

I have spent a lot of time over the years reading threads and blogs on this board. I have read all your Front Page blogs and have read hundreds and hundreds of posts here at Republican Operative. It would be fair to say that this board has had a significant influence on my political views and even on my views as a Christian. I finally decided to join and once again thanks for having me.

I am a Christian and a conservative and I enjoy reading the Bible which is the word of the Lord to men. I enjoy reading all the books of the Bible, but I particularly love the books of John, Romans, Ephesians, Galatians, Colossians, and I John.

My wife and I attend a Baptist church that we love and enjoy very much. I believe that the local Christian Church is the only answer and solution to what appears to be an increasing decadent and morally rotten American culture. I am convinced that the gospel of the Lord Jesus is what America needs and I do not believe America needs either a Trump or a Clinton in the White House trying to fix America’s economic or moral problems.

As the years go by I seem to be losing interest in politics. I still watch Fox News but its usually the same old political stuff hashed and rehashed and I get a little tired of hearing it over and over again. What they say (Bill, Megan, Hannity, etc) never actually makes anything better in America. I don’t see any way to avoid reaching that conclusion because here in 2016 we are going to have either The Donald or The Hillary in the White House come January of 2017. This is not making political progress in America. This is going backward, not going forward.

I don’t have much use for Hollywood movies or the popular American culture which I view as morally corrupt. The Bible says in Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” I interpret that as being a serious warning against filling your mind with Hollywood movies and worldly secular music and all the other trashy stuff that is daily produced by this present popular culture. The Bible also says “Love not the world or the things in the world.”

Well that’s enough information about me to give you some idea about the kind of person I am, and about some of my general views on some of the issues.

I’m in agreement that the entertainment and other media are morally corrupt. Not JUST in their endless focusing on sex and related issues; but in their glorification of destructive behaviors and what used to be called the Culture of Poverty. Gratification, confrontation, indulgence of impulse. And Balkanization, with every non-behavioral, non-performance quantity imaginable - race, gender, ethnic origin, religion - with non-Judeo-Christian religions glorified, and destructive cults such as Islam elevated to the highest moral plane.

And news. ALL news reported on today is Washington-centric - it’s the glorification of Washington as the new Mount Olympus and those who were elected to “serve” as our new High Priests. FOX is now as bad or worse than the other Statist media outlets.

I’ve turned it off. I listen to a few radio commentators and read a few blogs online…and that’s it. No information is better than the drumbeat of propaganda and DISinformation.

JAG. Judge Advocate-General? Military man?

You mentioned “destructive behaviors.” I think one area of destructive behavior is the constant glorification of war and violence. I am not a pacifist and I know that some wars are justified — the government does “not bear the sword in vain”, says the book of Romans. Nonetheless there are better ways to settle political disagreements that for men to kill each other — in some cases by the millions. History is a bloody mess.

with non-Judeo-Christian religions glorified

The only true solution to America’s problems (and all other countries as well) is to build another local Christian church. If there is another solution I would sure love to hear it explained.

And news. ALL news reported on today is Washington-centric - it’s the glorification of Washington as the new Mount Olympus and those who were elected to “serve” as our new High Priests. FOX is now as bad or worse than the other Statist media outlets.

I don’t defend any of them much any more. I used to defend Fox, but now I just keep quiet and let people say whatever they want to say about any news outlet.

I’ve turned it off.

I have mostly turned it off. The choice between Trump or Clinton is a little more than I can endure. It started off sort of funny (laughter) but its not even funny anymore.

I listen to a few radio commentators and read a few blogs online…and that’s it. No information is better than the drumbeat of propaganda and DISinformation.

The wife and I often go to a nearby McDonald’s Restaurant for a sausage biscuit and coffee and they have the USA Today newspapers in a rack for their customers to read. Its always sad and bad news. The wife says the same as we sometimes shake our heads in almost disbelief at what humanity is doing to itself in the name of progress.

JAG. Judge Advocate-General? Military man?

My initials are JAG. I was in the US Navy for 4 years.

Welcome Shipmate. Enjoy the site.

Thanks.

If only for 4 years then you weren’t JAG.

How long do you have to serve for your parents to give you a name with the initials JAG? Wondering.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Just as a number of us here have said repeatedly - the problems of our country are moral and spiritual, and cannot be solved politically.

May the Lord empower we His people to build more and more local Christian churches,
is my prayer.

I Timothy 3:15
"… the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

Ephesians 3:8-11
"Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me:
to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone
the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who
created all things. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom
of God should be made known
to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,
according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Ephesians 3:8-11

Except “the church” is not some wood, steel or brick edifice. It’s the PEOPLE who band together to worship God and His creation.

Yes that’s absolutely true, and of course that’s what I meant when I said “May the Lord empower we His people to build more and more local Christian churches,
is my prayer.” The physical materials that are used to build the edifice are no more than physical materials.

Hi and welcome! Former Navy myself; six years in the '80s.

As has often been said, no matter who is President, Jesus is still King!

Thank you for the welcome fellow sailor, and yes amen to Jesus is still King regardless of who
is in the White House.

[quote="_JAG, post:1, topic:48779"]
Hi everybody, its nice to be here with you and thank you for the opportunity to share some of my thoughts and ideas with you as time goes on.

I have spent a lot of time over the years reading threads and blogs on this board. I have read all your Front Page blogs and have read hundreds and hundreds of posts here at Republican Operative.
[/quote]I don’t know if you’ve read mine. I am sort of the “house liberal.” Also my posts are generally full of vicious personal attacks and foul language. Worse than the language that got “Charles McCullough” banned. But I’ve been around long enough that doesn’t happen.

It would be fair to say that this board has had a significant influence on my political views and even on my views as a Christian. I finally decided to join and once again thanks for having me.

I am a Christian and a conservative and I enjoy reading the Bible which is the word of the Lord to men. I enjoy reading all the books of the Bible, but I particularly love the books of John, Romans, Ephesians, Galatians, Colossians, and I John.
[/quote]I am definitely not a Christian. Many of my posts denigrate Christians. I consider some of the highest art of all times subsidized modern art of characterizes of Jesus in compromising positions. I have lobbied to triple such art funding since the public does not seem to appreciate the genius of artists that can paint urine-soaked crosses.

As for the Bible one of my favorite stories is oneon which I’ll be leading Torah study on July 9. It concerns Korach, a populist leader with troubling similarities to the darling of conservatives, Donald Trump. As for him, I formed a Facebook page to which you’ll see the link on my signature, “Liberal Democrats for Ted Cruz.”

My wife and I attend a Baptist church that we love and enjoy very much. I believe that the local Christian Church is the only answer and solution to what appears to be an increasing decadent and morally rotten American culture. I am convinced that the gospel of the Lord Jesus is what America needs and I do not believe America needs either a Trump or a Clinton in the White House trying to fix America’s economic or moral problems.
[/quote]We attend a synagogue about 8 miles from my house. We believe in random violence.

As the years go by I seem to be losing interest in politics. I still watch Fox News but its usually the same old political stuff hashed and rehashed and I get a little tired of hearing it over and over again. What they say (Bill, Megan, Hannity, etc) never actually makes anything better in America. I don’t see any way to avoid reaching that conclusion because here in 2016 we are going to have either The Donald or The Hillary in the White House come January of 2017. This is not making political progress in America. This is going backward, not going forward.
[/quote]My political idol is Noam Chomsky. After that it’s Sheldon Silver.

Well that’s enough information about me to give you some idea about the kind of person I am, and about some of my general views on some of the issues.
[/quote]I hope you stay on the Board despite my tendency to be rather vicious most of the time.

Welcome to RO JAG!

We agree on much, I actually gave up on FOX news after the 2012 Primary and I lost much respect for Drudge at the same time; they are just as Statist as the rest but with a slightly less offensive agenda.

I have lost much interest in this election since there are only lying Leftists remaining, I will probably focus on the Churches role from here on out since trying to prop up either of the remaining candidates has no real chance of accomplishing anything beyond destroying my own credibility.

Thanks for the welcome RET423.

All news media leaves me somewhat cold and indifferent. Its mostly, if not all, secularized and that means they leave off the true solution noted in my opening post, which is Christianity.

I’m with you totally on focusing on the role of the Christian Church as the one and only solution to America’s problems.

Welcome, I am the house crank, but pop in from time to time to foment trouble. Was in the Navy in '59, and they promptly threw me out, Didn’t take orders well. I am a Bible Teacher, and was a Church Architect until I retired years ago. Hard core conservative, Constitutionalist.

I have read some of your posts, but I have spent the larger majority of my time reading posts written by Christians here at RO.

Also my posts are generally full of vicious personal attacks and foul language

Your comment provides an opportunity to present one of my favorite Bible verses to my fellow Christians (and to you also.)

**“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, **
but only what is helpful for building others up according to their
needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29

And the Apostle Paul adds this:

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were
sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness,
rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form
of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another,
forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Ephesians 4:30-32

(Of course I expect your comment was more of a “shock jock” comment
than an accurate description of your actual posts. "Vicious personal attacks
are not allowed at RO.)

Regarding that word “slander” bolded in the quote above: I looked it up.
It means “an abusive attack on another person’s character or good name.”

I am happier when I do not slander other people.

Also happier when I do not allow “any unwholesome talk to come out of
my mouth.”

I even quit saying the S-word both verbally and mentally because allowing
yourself to say the S-word can open the door to allowing yourself to use
other and stronger vulgarity.

Colossians 3:8-10 says this regarding the use of obscene language:

"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander,
and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing
that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on
the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image
of its creator."

The older I get the more seriously I take verses like that. Get rid of all
obscene talk means to get rid of all obscene talk. And the S-word is at
least a vulgarity.

I ask myself this: Would I say the S-word if the Lord Jesus was sitting next
to me? No I would not. I doubt any Christian would.

Am I a prude?

No, I just try to take the Bible, the Word of God, seriously. When God says
"get rid of obscene talk" He means get rid of obscene talk.

I am far from perfect, very far from perfect, but I do put forth an effort
to obey the Lord.

I am definitely not a Christian.

I will pray for you that you will eventually become a Christian.

Many of my posts denigrate Christians.

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
** If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. **
As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen
you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
John 15:18-19

We attend a synagogue about 8 miles from my house. We believe in random violence.

I hope you stay on the Board despite my tendency to be rather vicious most of the time.

We both know you do not believe in random violence and being “vicious most of the time” is not
good for your long-term emotional well-being.

Thank you for the welcome njc17.