Hello

1. What state do you vote in? - California
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? - I am a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy
  3. Does ‘Shelly Ann’ have any meaning? It’s my first and middle name
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? history based books on naval warfare
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? - The state of the military
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? - Just a day or two

I chose this site because I want to post comments where others share my views

1. What state do you vote in? - Florida
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? - I was never in the armed services
  3. Does ‘Shelly Ann’ have any meaning? Send the GOP to the White House
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? Books about U.S. poltical history and economics.
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? - the economy, terrorism and freedom from big government. All are equally important.
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? - Joined about two weeks agoBTW

BTW how did you post the picture with your user name? I’m still trying to figure that one out.

Click on user CP (top left) and select edit avatar. choose custom avatar and upload a pic from your files

Thanks!

You’re welcome… :slight_smile:

One of your favorite songs should be included on the introduction list. :slight_smile:

Here’s one of mine.

1. What state do you vote in? - New York
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? - No
  3. Does ‘JBG’ have any meaning? It’s my initials
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? The Communist Manifesto by Marx & Engels; Das Kapital | work by Marx; and all books by Noam Chomsky, my personal hero along with Kathy Boudin and Joanne Chesimard
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? - The destruction of the earth by capitalist pigs, Zionist imperialism against peaceful and victimized Muslims, and the war by white policemen on innocent black teenagers
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? - Been posting for years, am the forum’s resident leftist.

Welcome to RO!

I love your avatar! Is it real?

Welcome to the forum, Shelly Ann!

1. What state do you vote in? - Maryland
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? No
  3. Does avatar have any meaning? The Face of Jesus on the Shroud of Turin
  4. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? Almost anything non-fiction especially on WWII and the Holocaust.
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? Abortion and the pitiful condition of our once great country.
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? n/a

Oh, Hello and welcome!

Hi and welcome! Former Navy myself (enlisted, from the '80s).

Hello and welcome to RO. Former Army here–in the Vietnam era. I have a grandson who is SUPPOSEDLY going through boot at GLNTC in Evanston, IL. Haven’t heard from him in a couple of months and last time we talked, he SAID he was leaving for Evanston on 6/6.

When I was a young lady back in the early 70’s my girlfriends and I would go to downtown Chicago on Saturdays to meet up with Navy guys getting leave on the weekend. I believe they came from Great Lakes Naval Academy, but I don’t remember if it was in Evanston. Wasn’t it somewhere else? BTW, they were ALWAYS gentlemen and we had a lot of fun with them.

Welcome to RO! I quoted myself since you and I may disagree on some issues.

Yeah, I agree with you on Ms. Boudin and Chesimard. Certainly contemporaries of the Hildabeest. Geesh! Both murdered police. Boudin received a life sentence but was paroled in 2003. She’s now an adjunct prof at Columbia. DUH!! Columbia is probably the most commie influenced den of thieves in the nation. Ms. Chesimard…oops!..*Assata Olugbala Shakur * escaped from prison after murdering two state troopers amongst other heinous crimes. She escaped to and is now living in commie heaven Cuba. Now we know why BO was so hell-bent on “normalizing” relations with Cuba.

Thank you… :slight_smile:

I would say we’re opposites! Lol

Basic is at the Naval Academy there at Great Lakes. I’ve never been there, I graduated from Annapolis in 2011.

Glad the sailors you met were gentlemen!