Hemp For Victory

In 1937, the United States outlawed Marihuana as the most deadly narcotic ever known, saying it caused murder, rape and incurable insanity. With passage of the Marihuana Tax Act, any farmer growing hemp without a license was henceforth a criminal. The US Treasury Dept. refused to issue any licenses, making Cannabis production, both hemp and marijuana, illegal in the US.

In 1941, Ford Motors created a biodegradable plastic car from hemp, sisal and wheatstraw. The body panels were thinner, lighter, and stronger than steel. A video shows the plastic trunk lid being beaten with an axe, and the axe is bouncing off, not even scratching the car.

In February of 1938, just a few months after the passage of the Marihuana Tax Act, Popular Mechanics magazine ran an article praising a machine that “solved a problem more than 6,000 years old.” The machine was called a Decorticator, the hemp industry’s equivalent to Eli Whitney’s Cotton Gin. The article states that this machine would revolutionize the American agricultural industry by processing hemp at a faster rate and with higher quality fibers and more pulp than ever before in history. The prohibition of Marihuana ruined this industry and its potential for American farmers in every state.
Hemp: The Trillion Dollar Crop

In 1942, the United States legalized Marihuana again to support our troops in World War II. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the US faced a shortage of materials because imports of fiber from Southeast Asia were cut off by the Japanese. In 1942, the US Department of Agriculture created a 14-minute instructional film for American farmers titled Hemp For Victory on how to cultivate and harvest Cannabis Sativa for the war effort:

Hemp for Victory : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Shown three minutes into the film is the license that allowed Americans to be a legal PRODUCER OF MARIHUANA - the same natural weed that we are still told today is “the most dangerous drug menace in history.” “Marihuana” was legalized, taxed and regulated as a legitimate industry in the United States, and the drug aspects of the plant were not even part of the debate. While legalized Cannabis fibers were mainly used for Naval rigging, the film shows that legal Cannabis also created boot laces, uniforms, and parachute rigging. One such parachute was used by George HW Bush when his bomber was shot down over the Pacific. In other words, legalizing marijuana saved George Bush’s life. Cannabis was so important to the war that farmers who agreed to grow Marihuana for the military were exempt from the draft, along with their sons.

It is arguable that had the US not legalized Marihuana in 1942, the US would not have had the necessary equipment to engage in a two-front World War, and the geopolitical climate of the entire planet could be drastically different than it is now. Without domestic rope for naval rigging, the remainder of the Armed Forces would not have reached Europe or Japan, and D-Day would not have happened. And it is important to consider how our history would be different if Cannabis had been legalized during Vietnam. All of those pot-growing, draft-dodging hippies would have been patriots contributing to the war effort. Would we have had a Kent State? Would we have even been in Vietnam trying to secure trade routes and increase our influence in the region for goods that can be produced domestically from hemp?

In 1972, the Nixon administration ordered a report on the dangers of marijuana. The report was supposed to be the final word on the matter, giving support to the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 which classified Marijuana as a Schedule I “dangerous” narcotic with no known medical use. Instead, the report of the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse, titled Marihuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding, conceded that enforcement of Cannabis prohibition laws were more detrimental to American society than the use of the drug itself.
National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1937, millions of Americans have been made into criminals for the exact same thing that helped America win every war from the Revolution to World War II. These are interesting facts which our government, both Democrat and Republican administrations, have conveniently kept out of school history books and public discussions.

How would our society change if the Hemp For Victory campaign were reinstated now? What if all of those lazy stoners out there were not committing a crime, but instead were contributing to our national defense? What if the marijuana that Americans grow today could be used to make equipment for our military and law enforcement personnel fighting in the War on Terror? Or even in the War on Drugs? Or simply for everyday use? If biodegradable hemp-based plastic can be molded into auto body panels, then that same plastic can be used to make water bottles, CDs and DVDs, television and computer casings, lawn furniture, and virtually anything else that isn’t glass or metal.

In 1916, a full 20 years before marijuana was outlawed, the USDA reported in Bulletin #404 that one acre of Cannabis hemp can make four times more paper than an acre of mature trees. Today, the US government spends billions of dollars on trying to wipe out marijuana, while importing millions of dollars of hemp products from Communist China. All of this can change with your votes. Please review the history and uses of Cannabis Sativa, and tell your Representatives to support reinstating the successful World War II Hemp For Victory campaign.

The previous link to the video of Ford’s plastic car seems to be discontinued. Sorry about that. Here is another version: Henry Ford’s ‘plastic hemp car’ from 1941 - YouTube

Another important point about the US Federal government’s wasteful and backwards approach to the war on drugs is the fact that the DEA considers crack cocaine to be a safer medicine than marijuana. According to the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, Cannabis Sativa is listed as a Schedule 1 dangerous narcotic with a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use. LSD and heroin are also Schedule 1. Because of cocaine’s widely-accepted use in history (Coca Cola, Sigmund Freud, etc.), it is listed as a Schedule 2 narcotic, which are drugs that have a high potential for addiction and abuse but do have some medical uses. Because crack is merely free-base cocaine, it is also listed as Schedule 2. So, according to the DEA, crack has medical use and marijuana does not.

Cannabis Sativa is currently accepted for medical use in 18 states plus Washington DC, for everything from migraine headaches to menstrual cramps to cancer, and the US Federal government (both parties) still insists that Cannabis Sativa does not have any medical use, but crack does. As the 1942 Hemp For Victory film clearly shows, “Marihuana” does not pose any kind of threat to public safety. Instead, it can be a productive industry to defend our nation during war and provide jobs for hardworking Americans in every state.

Does the fact that America legalized marijuana during World War II have any bearing today? We can draw a direct line from the legalization of Cannabis Sativa to the end of the Third Reich and the creation of Israel. Does this change anyone’s opinion of the marijuana issue? Without legalizing marijuana in 1942, there would not be a nation of Israel today. The US would not have had the equipment to engage the Axis and the war would have ended much differently. As was noted before, the rigging of the parachute used by George HW Bush in World War II was made from legalized marijuana fibers. Without legalizing marijuana, perhaps GHW Bush wouldn’t have had a parachute on that day. Had he died in 1944, none of his sons would have been born and then how would our nation be different today? How many other thousands of lives were saved by legalizing marijuana? Perhaps one of your grandparents?

Now the US squanders more money than ever trying to eradicate the exact same plant while importing hemp fibers from China. More Americans than ever are put in cages for the exact same resource that America used to help stop the Holocaust. In light of this information, only the most brainwashed Americans can still believe that Cannabis Sativa poses any kind of threat to the American public.

I’m very tempted to delete this thread due to it’s obvious cut and paste origins.

I’m locking the thread until I hear from the site admin.

Edit: Opened thread.

JT88, is the content of the OP brief quotes from multiple sites or a large quote from a single site? Please respond by PM. If it is a long quote from a single site it wll have to be edited, per RO’s rules.

Opened thread.

I’ll refrain from comments at this time. Seems like this has been discussed.

There is nothing “cut and paste” about this. These are simple historical facts which have been nearly erased from our public discussions by government censors and drug war propagandists.

The war on drugs is a lie, started by Nixon after the 1972 Shafer Commission recommended that Cannabis Sativa be legalized again. The 1942 USDA film Hemp For Victory destroys every argument made against Cannabis legalization. This issue, as hard as it is for Americans to believe, is one of the most important issues facing our nation today because it ties into virtually everything else. From unemployment to food insecurity to high medical costs to the unsustainable nature of our various industries to global environmental degradation to wasteful government spending to unnecessary war.

Whatever fears that Americans have about legalizing marijuana are laid to rest by the 1942 USDA film, Hemp For Victory. Educate yourselves about your own history and the real uses of this natural resource. Watch the film.

Hemp wasn’t authorized as a recreational drug. Why do you suppose joints smell like burning rope?

Yep, Weed is good for you. Smokety smoke all day long. There are no detrimental effects.

Alrighty then. Have fun!

`
JT78,

What about glue?

… lol …

Yep, about as good for you as tobacco…

… lol …

JT78, do me a favor and don’t do or say anything that will get you banned. I need you man! “Laughter is good for the soul.”

Btw, welcome to RO the best posting board on the web.

… lol …

:howler:

Clearly not!

… lol …

I like you man! Stay with us.

Just one more /howler, if you don’t mind: :howler:

♫ ♪ ♫

No no, I read someplace that marijuana will cure cancer, and enlarge your… parts.

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:11, topic:39419”]
Yep, about as good for you as tobacco…
[/quote] Or Bourbon, or Valium or vivarin.

It’s funny too because I can’t find one single incident of someone who smoked a joint then drove a car and hit someone because of that joint. There might be a handful of incidents but it just doesn’t happen.

I guess you didnt try too hard

A driver who hit and killed a man in Vancouver Monday night admitted to police that he smoked marijuana before the crash, police said.

Police: Driver high on marijuana hits, kills pedestrian in Vancouver | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Studies have shown marijuana may help fight glaucoma, boost appetites in cancer patients, and reduce nausea, aches, and pains for some disease sufferers. But a new study links pot to something else:

Deadly car crashes.

The study found that nearly 30 percent of fatally injured drivers tested positive for drugs other than alcohol, with marijuana being the main culprit.

The researchers found that drivers who tested positive for marijuana within three hours of using were more than twice as likely to be involved in a motor vehicle crash. The study also showed that the crash risk was higher if the marijuana concentration levels found in the urine were higher.

Marijuana a major cause of accidents? What study says - HealthPop - CBS News

A new study, however, shows that drivers who smoke marijuana within a few hours of hitting the road are almost twice as likely as stone-sober motorists to be in a crash that results in serious injury or death.

In addition to the finding that drivers who had recently smoked pot were substantially more likely to be involved in a serious accident, the researchers found that those who had died in these crashes had higher amounts of the drug’s compound tetrahydrocannabinol than those who survived.

Smoke and Mirrors: Driving While High on Marijuana Doubles One

I’m sure you read it on the internet, therefore it must be true.
In all seriousness the cancer thing has to do with chemotherapy, not cancer itself. And I don’t think you have to smoke it to get such an effect, I believe the point is that hemp can be useful in ways other than intoxicating oneself.
Alcohol too can be used to disinfect, or for fuel…but as humans we like to focus on whether or not a drug can get you high/drunk.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:15, topic:39419”]
It’s funny too because I can’t find one single incident of someone who smoked a joint then drove a car and hit someone because of that joint. There might be a handful of incidents but it just doesn’t happen.
[/quote]No, but I can name one who dropped his joint, and hit a cop, while trying to find it.
I lived with musicians. I know the dangers/vs. the myths. The negatives outweigh the positives. At best, pot is a de-motivator.

Smoking weed helps you pick up quality womens.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:18, topic:39419”]
No, but I can name one who dropped his joint, and hit a cop, while trying to find it.
I lived with musicians. I know the dangers/vs. the myths. The negatives outweigh the positives. At best, pot is a de-motivator.
[/quote] A guy I went to H.S. with dropped the hamburger he was eating while driving and went to pick it up and ran into a mailbox. Bad point you made there. There are so many substances and drugs that we put into our bodies that destroy our livers and make those who take them addicted to them. Those chemicals are OK though because they’re prescribed by doctors! The reason weed is illegal in the first place is because William Randolph Hearst lobbied a successful smear campaign against hemp because it was cutting into the profits of his paper empire.