Here's the truth about one very burning question of recent history....

Ok…I was a teenager when this song came out. Admittedly, I didn’t understand the lyrics until about 2 years ago when I found them online. Just goes to prove what hysteria can do! And it should renew faith in the ability of the
FBI to ensure that no filth infect our teenager’s ears… (Why aren’t they studying gangsta k…rap?) Read on!

FBI investigated song ‘Louie Louie’ for 2 years- The Daily Dose - MSN Living

Yeah, look… I lived through the whole persecution of Heavy Metal. For every bit of negativity in any flavor of music, you can find a positive message. No genre is immune to a “bad message.”

“You don’t hear that kind of thing in Country Music!”

Bull Shillings!

Folks, it’s music. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Change the radio or tv station.
Vote for noise ordinance laws in your local area if you have punk kids driving around with it blasting too loud.

Banning it is stupidity. Absolute stupidity.

(Except for Rap. Rappers should be shoved down the cheese grater slide to Hades!)

Hey, I’ve heard some Christian rap, and it was great! To be sure, it was quite tame as rap goes. I think most, if not all, that I heard was done by one of our local teenagers, a talented musician, a strong Christian, and the worship leader in our church.

I’ve heard Christian rock before but never Christian rap. I’d be interested to hear some of that because I don’t see a single thing positive about any kind of rap. If there ever was an oxymoron, “rap music” is it.

Here are two of my favorites…**

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmCfqEoT1yk[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Y1v2sg-zg[/video]

I might see if I can get a recording from Caleb - if it is indeed his own - and post it here, if I can. The first one I heard him do was pretty much a quotation of Ephesians 6, verses 10 through 17 or 18 - you know, the portion about the whole armor of God. Didn’t sound very rappish. He did another one recently - can’t remember what it was about - with some back ground singers, singing the theme. And I still don’t know if it is his own work or not.

WOW!!! I really liked the TobyMac song! Couldn’t hear the other one very well–seemed distorted for some reason. But, in any case, you’ve convinced me that Christian Rap can be beautiful! Thanks!!

Gosh…I listened to it again… It is beautiful! The imagery is outstanding! Wow…I am really dumbfounded. Thanks for turning me on to him. I’m just going to have to get one of his CDs!

I just found this music video for the same TobyMac song…it is incredible. I still have tears flowing down my face and goosebumps.

I’m dial-up-handicapped. What was the TobyMac song?

It was “Lose My Soul” but the video accompanying the song–the images–are incredible. It also includes the lyrics for those of us with hearing problems… :wink:

A couple of mellow classics from 1970s “Jesus Music”:

And a bit less mellow:

This one is from a concert - indifferent quality and over 10 minutes long:

Remember this guy from “Creeque Alley”?

Rap is not music. I do loosely recognize it as a form of entertainment. However, it is not music.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:39656”]
Hey, I’ve heard some Christian rap, and it was great! To be sure, it was quite tame as rap goes. I think most, if not all, that I heard was done by one of our local teenagers, a talented musician, a strong Christian, and the worship leader in our church.
[/quote]I’m sure you know I was trying to be mildly humorous there.