Hey, RW, the Pack is back

Not that they were ever “gone” anyway, but yesterday’s blowout of the Bears was impressive, to say the least.

AR is right up there with Manning, Brady, and Luck.

Now, let’s hope they can do the same to the Lions next week.

Of course, if the Superbowl is Pittsburgh and Green Bay, you know who I’ll be rooting for.

But for the NFC, I want the Pack.

2 Likes

The Packers are on fire.

1 Like

Packers!

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:3, topic:45218”]
Packers!
[/quote] hmmph. somebody eat sour grapes or something? anyhows, might as well get ready, it’s coming again to our neighborhood (somewhat broadly defined).

1 Like

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2381[/ATTACH]

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:5, topic:45218”]
[ATTACH]2380[/ATTACH]
[/quote] RW, I was unable to open the attachment?

Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb’s Post-Week 11 Fantasy Reaction | Bleacher Report

I fixed it. It’s not the most user friendly system to put pictures on here.

You’re a Packers fan?

Yeah, man! People are talking around here like it might be a Green Bay v. KC Super Bowl, but your Steelers are coming back. That’s what I like about them. In a game or in the standings, they will fight and claw their way back and get what they can and they are never out of it. I would like to see a rematch, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing them play K.C. as this is the area I live and I pull for the Chiefs most of them time. My brother is a huge Steelers fan and pulls a little for the Packers and Dallas so I also pull for the Steelers for him.

I hate to say it, but I actually will be a big Patriots fan this weekend because they are playing the Lions.

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:9, topic:45218”]
You’re a Packers fan?
[/quote]you kidding? I was a Packer backer even back in SD because Brett Favre was just so darn much fun to watch. Then I moved up here, and this is Packer country. Well, there are some Lions fans (it is Michigan after all), but geographically the western UP is much closer to Green Bay than to Detroit. Lotsa green and gold jackets sold up here!

There used to be a sports bar in a village near here, I remember laughing when I walked in–one side of the room was green and gold and covered with Packer memorabilia, and the other side was blue and white and ditto Lions. There was a big line painted down the middle of the floor! As a loyal Michigander now, I do support the Lions–EXCEPT when they play the Packers. Some Lions fans do not reciprocate this. They are so bitter that the Pack has done better over the years, that they actually rejoice when the Pack loses. Very small-minded.

The article you linked is right–the Pack has an awesome threesome going right now. I pray that no injuries will disrupt it. (I think it’s okay to pray for that–it’s IMPORTANT!!) I truly believe this could be a Superbowl year. Maybe there’s a team out there that will get the threesome’s number but I think that McCarthy is an innovative enough play “designer” (I don’t know football lingo) and Rogers is a flexible enough play “executor” to prevent that. I think they can keep surprising people and keep other teams off balance. They are off to a heck of a good start.

1 Like

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:10, topic:45218”]
Yeah, man! People are talking around here like it might be a Green Bay v. KC Super Bowl, but your Steelers are coming back. That’s what I like about them. In a game or in the standings, they will fight and claw their way back and get what they can and they are never out of it. I would like to see a rematch, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing them play K.C. as this is the area I live and I pull for the Chiefs most of them time. My brother is a huge Steelers fan and pulls a little for the Packers and Dallas so I also pull for the Steelers for him.

I hate to say it, but I actually will be a big Patriots fan this weekend because they are playing the Lions.
[/quote]Unfortunately, the Steelers run hot and cold. One week Rothlisberger is brilliant, and the next he’s a loser.

They don’t have the consistency the Pack has.

If they go to the Superbowl and play the Pack . . . if they’re “on” that day, then it will be a good game. But if they’re off, the Pack will smear them.

I DO like KC . . . primarily because I like Andy Reid. Tonight the 7-3 Chiefs play the 0-10 Raiders. I’m wondering what the line is.

Of course, “on any given Sunday . . .” (I guess this would be “Thursday”), so the Raiders are cast in a spoiler role.

BTW, I mistakenly had the Pack playing the Lions that next week, in my last post . . . don’t know why I thought that.

Hey, the Steelers over the Lions last week in that last quarter was VERY satisfying. Didn’t like the Pats over the Colts though . . . I was expecting much more out of Luck.

1 Like

[quote=“patriciareed, post:11, topic:45218”]
you kidding? I was a Packer backer even back in SD because Brett Favre was just so darn much fun to watch. Then I moved up here, and this is Packer country. Well, there are some Lions fans (it is Michigan after all), but geographically the western UP is much closer to Green Bay than to Detroit. Lotsa green and gold jackets sold up here!

There used to be a sports bar in a village near here, I remember laughing when I walked in–one side of the room was green and gold and covered with Packer memorabilia, and the other side was blue and white and ditto Lions. There was a big line painted down the middle of the floor! As a loyal Michigander now, I do support the Lions–EXCEPT when they play the Packers. Some Lions fans do not reciprocate this. They are so bitter that the Pack has done better over the years, that they actually rejoice when the Pack loses. Very small-minded.

The article you linked is right–the Pack has an awesome threesome going right now. I pray that no injuries will disrupt it. (I think it’s okay to pray for that–it’s IMPORTANT!!) I truly believe this could be a Superbowl year. Maybe there’s a team out there that will get the threesome’s number but I think that McCarthy is an innovative enough play “designer” (I don’t know football lingo) and Rogers is a flexible enough play “executor” to prevent that. I think they can keep surprising people and keep other teams off balance. They are off to a heck of a good start.
[/quote]Hey, you just went up several points in my “admiration scale” . . . a gal that follows the NFL I hold in high regard.

My wife watches the NFL games with me, but when she says, “That was a PRETTY pass”, I cringe. The word “pretty” when it comes to football just doesn’t seem right to me. But then, as Jack has admonished me several times, I ought to be grateful that I am with a gal that watches the games with me . . . and I AM.

So I guess I can tolerate the “What’s a nickel defense?”, "What’s a “zone’ defense?”, "What’s the “West Coast Offense?” questions. Lucky, indeed.

1 Like

[quote=“BobJam, post:13, topic:45218”]
Hey, you just went up several points in my “admiration scale” . . . a gal that follows the NFL I hold in high regard.

My wife watches the NFL games with me, but when she says, “That was a PRETTY pass”, I cringe. The word “pretty” when it comes to football just doesn’t seem right to me. But then, as Jack has admonished me several times, I ought to be grateful that I am with a gal that watches the games with me . . . and I AM.

So I guess I can tolerate the “What’s a nickel defense?”, "What’s a “zone’ defense?”, "What’s the “West Coast Offense?” questions. Lucky, indeed.
[/quote] well, true confessions here. I don’t really follow the NFL. I follow the Packers. The NFL exists to enable the Packers to play (smile).

Also, kudos to Lynn! When she says, “that was a pretty pass”, she is actually showing herself to be a genuine, unfeigned connoisseur of the passing component of the game. No one who did not really appreciate a well-executed pass could or would put it that way. Good for her! I too came to enjoying football relatively late in the game–er, relatively late in life–and there is still so much I don’t know, and I don’t always know the right words either. modern college and (especially) pro football are very complex imo.

if it weren’t for Brett Favre, I would still live largely in blissful ignorance. my father and brother and ex-husband and some friends were and are football fans, and that would be what was on tv so I couldn’t help watching, and I was witness to a few spectacular plays by Favre and was hooked.

My bro was never a jock himself but began his journalistic career as a sports stringer and never lost his love of sports. He and his wife and both their children are U of Neb grads, so they’re all Cornhusker fanatics. when the huskers were in their glory days and regularly going to various Bowls, my bro and sister in law often went to the actual bowl games. that is the most financially extravagant thing any close relative of mine has ever done. all you have to show for it is the memories. but then…as we get older, memories do become pretty valuable, I have noticed.

1 Like

Wooops, RW, I guess the Raiders WERE spoilers. KC seemed to come back in the third and fourth quarters, but too little too late.

I’ve never watched the Raiders, and if I didn’t know what their record was, I’d have said they were pretty good based on tonight.

I think it was the classic case of the Raiders just had an exceptionally good day (night?) and KC had an exceptionally bad day. Had they both had an equally good or bad day, I think KC would have prevailed.

[quote=“patriciareed, post:14, topic:45218”]
well, true confessions here. I don’t really follow the NFL
[/quote]HEY, don’t ruin it for me.

enjoying football
[/quote]That’s more like it.

and there is still so much I don’t know, and I don’t always know the right words either
[/quote]And that’s the way it’s supposed to be, and remain so, if everything is in the right place in the universe. Anything else would throw the Earth out of orbit.

modern college and (especially) pro football are very complex imo
[/quote]Again, the way it’s supposed to be for you gals.

if it weren’t for Brett Favre
[/quote]My wife has always gotten apoplectic at the pronunciation of his name. She always says it should be “Fave-ree”. I don’t think the Louisiana dialect fits too well with her Alabama speech.

all you have to show for it is the memories. but then…as we get older, memories do become pretty valuable, I have noticed.
[/quote]Good observation.

1 Like

That reminds me of some former Dolphins player who went on to sell AMWAY. He made it high up in the chain and became an inspirational speaker for them and used to make fun of the Dolphins colors. He said it was hard to look tough and play a tough game wearing turqoise and orange.

That’s awesome! Although some Packers fans don’t, I still love Brett Favre.

I understand supporting the home team and the Packers. That’s the way I am with the Chiefs, although it is a little harder to do in your case as the two are divisional rivals. It’s normal for the Lions fans to rejoice when the Pack loses. It’s not small minded. You’re supposed to cheer against divisional rivals. I told my wife that the other day. She’s a big Packers fan, but actually told her best friend a Bears fan, “I’m sorry and I feel bad for you,” when the Patriots were wiping the field with the Bears. I said you are supposed to cheer for a divisional rival to go down and go down hard.

I sure hope so! So far so good!

1 Like

What a surprise! I didn’t see that one coming! It just goes to show, even with one team having a good year and another team having a bad year, divisional games are tough, especially on the road.

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:17, topic:45218”]
used to make fun of the Dolphins colors. He said it was hard to look tough and play a tough game wearing turqoise and orange.
[/quote]As far as colors go, I think the Buccaneers, when they first started and had that creamsicle uniform (see Republican Operative / John McKay ) had the worst color.