Hey there

Hello everyone. I’m Electro DGX, a 16 year old that holds a passion for electronic music (well should I say, music in general) and a strong conservative view in politics.

***What state do you vote in? ***Technically, I’m not old enough to vote, but I live in the state of Colorado.
***Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? **No, I’m still in school and I am unsure about doing so. My mother was in the Army and my grandfather was in the Navy. *
Does ‘Electro DGX’ have any meaning?
It’s my artist’s name. It may change in the future, but as of now, it’s staying as it is.
***What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)? ***I’m not the biggest fan of reading, but I really like the Harry Potter Series, Inkheart, and The Great Book of Automobiles. I do like learning about topics that interest me greatly though.
*What is the most important topic for you in the next election? *I am undecided at the moment.
***How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up?***Not very long. It just came to mind after seeing all the hate for Carly Fiorina that I decided to join a forum of like-minded people.

I’m hoping for a great time of discussion on this forum without unnecessary angry rants and hate language lol.:grin:

While your particular brand of electronic music isn’t my cup of tea ( I like my electro way dirtier and edgier…), good to see a musician here. Welcome to RO buddy. Good luck with the music.

Thank you! I’m trying to learn how to make Dubstep and Complextro genres at the moment, but it’s a lot more technical and involves a lot more sound design, which takes a lot of time :confused:

[quote=“Electro_DGX, post:1, topic:46657”]
Hello everyone. I’m Electro DGX, a 16 year old that holds a passion for electronic music and a strong conservative view in politics.
[/quote]I’m an extremely liberal Democrat who is supporting Ted Cruz for President. We don’t see eye to eye on music or reading.

As others will tell you in the forum, expect a huge amount of vituperative and poisonous personal attacks, since most of my posts are profanity-laced vitriol.

3 Likes

Alright. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Are you trying to scare the noobie away?

Welcome. Hope you will stick around and post. Too many newcomers come, but don’t participate. You have to jump in. Young blood is always good, and don’t let anyone get the best of you. Remember what your teachers and parents tell you, there are no stupid questions. Lots of knowledge here as most of us have lived history that your only learning about, if it’s even taught.

That’s great to know, since I love learning. They say a Mercury Aquarius craves knowledge (in the terms of the zodiac). Thank you for the kind welcome :slight_smile: I’ll try to stick around and post, but then there’s school and stuff and focusing on my music takes a lot of time too.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve found it a decent place to hangout. Hopefully you feel the same way after you’ve been here a while.

If you have any questions or need help with government, politics, or even general life stuff, etc., this is a good place to come.

1 Like

JBG is my hero.

Welcome, electric person.

Welcome to RO!
I could barely tolerate ELO back in the day but something tells me your genre is something completely different than what I think of as techno-electric music.

YOU KIDS STAY OFF MY LAWN!

Don’t let JBG scare you away. He’s as considerate and thoughtful as anyone here–and if he’s a far-left liberal, I’m a black airline pilot! You’ll find some here to seem old-fashioned. That’s because we have a lot of elder citizens as members. (I’m 73 years old, for example.) I have grandkids in their 30’s and one great-grandson in his early teens! Of course, his mother was only 17 when he was born. I was alive at the very beginning of our involvement in WW II. You are very welcome here. Post when you can and read what others post frequently. You WILL learn things here that public schools aren’t teaching about any more.

Hi and welcome!

Well I go to a good school. We say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday and we have just finished learning about the holocaust and WWII. I’m sure that there are things here that I haven’t learned yet as you say though, as I’m only 16 lol. Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome, enjoy the site.

Carly is OK, but I’m a Ted Cruse person. IF it’s Carly or Hillary… yeah I’d vote for Carly.

[quote=“Cruella, post:7, topic:46657”]
Welcome. Hope you will stick around and post. Too many newcomers come, but don’t participate. You have to jump in. Young blood is always good, and don’t let anyone get the best of you. Remember what your teachers and parents tell you, there are no stupid questions. Lots of knowledge here as most of us have lived history that your only learning about, if it’s even taught.
[/quote]I agree with that advice, even if my own poss are rarely nice or free from profanity.

[quote=“RET423, post:12, topic:46657”]
Welcome to RO!
I could barely tolerate ELO back in the day but something tells me your genre is something completely different than what I think of as techno-electric music.
[/quote]They had an anti-abortion hit song, “Living Thing.” Just sayin’.

1 Like

[quote=“Electro_DGX, post:15, topic:46657”]
Well I go to a good school. We say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday and we have just finished learning about the holocaust and WWII. I’m sure that there are things here that I haven’t learned yet as you say though, as I’m only 16 lol. Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:
[/quote]I sure hope you weren’t taught to deny the Holocaust.

[quote=“Devilneck, post:16, topic:46657”]
Welcome, enjoy the site.

Carly is OK, but I’m a Ted Cruz person. IF it’s Carly or Hillary… yeah I’d vote for Carly.
[/quote]I’m also a Ted Cruz person. I started a Facebook group called “Liberal Democrats for Cruz.”

We weren’t. We were just taught exactly what happened during the Holocaust: Kristallnacht, The Concentration camps, and etc. My World History teacher isn’t biased about what she’s teaching :slight_smile: