Hi. Crying out from a blue state

I’m new here. I just found the site yesterday. I’ve been looking for a place to discuss politics with like minded people. I live in the great state of Michigan, have 4 kids, married and work part time.

Hi there. B)

Really like your Governor; pity what’s been happening with the tainted-river water.

Welcome aboard momsaisso and hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to RO. Hope you’ll post regularly. I worked for awhile out of Escanaba in the UP. Loved Michigan–except for winter weather. The two real “vacations” that I had as a teen were both driving trips through Michigan…one to Mackinac Island and another to the Soo Locks. The first one, I went with my “Auntie Mame” (Margaret) and the second with my maternal grandmother. They were building the Straits bridge at the time of my second trip and I actually saw a guy fall from the tower under construction. Later found out he’d died. I was watching through a pair of those binoculars that you used to put a dime in to watch. We were on the UP side at the time (St. Ignace?) Anyway, glad you’re here. Jump right into whatever interests you.

Hi and welcome!

Welcome!!!

Please be sure to read our Guide to Surviving RO. The questions are to help us start to get to know you in a mostly fun way. Besides, we’re just a really nosy bunch.

Welcome to RO!

Welcome, enjoy the site!

I’ve seen pictures of Michigan. Other than Detroit obviously, looks like a beautiful state. The libs prevent me from ever living there.