Hi

Ah-ha, I can post! To introductions:

1. What state do you vote in? Nevada
  2. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces? No
  3. Does your username have any meaning? Yes, the first name is to honor U.S. Senator Robert Taft; and the last name to honor Senator Henry Clay. I double major in Political Science and History…
  4. Favorite books (not necessarily in order)? The Prince, Discourses on Livy, 1984, Lord of the Rings (all of them), *Brave New World, *War of the Worlds, the various *Harry Potter *books, World War Z, Hunger Games
  5. What is the most important topic for you in the next election? Health care
  6. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up? 2 days

I’m currently a student at University of Nevada in Las Vegas though I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay to be more specific). I am a Liberal, I love political debate, I am very good I holding my own in an argument so fair warning to you all! :slight_smile:
That said I don’t want to troll, demean or insult anyone (I guessing too many idiots have come here to do just that) I just want to talk, make friends, debate and learn. Good to meet everybody.

Robert Clay: Welcome! I have just one question: Why would a liberal want to join a conservative/Republican forum?

Hello Robert, welcome to RO

:cool:

Hi and welcome! I’m a little into sci-fi myself.

Well if I don’t join I can only lurk and that’s no fun. Plus I can’t simply talk with other liberals that agree with me (and vice-versa) also no fun.
More to the point I can’t exactly consider myself to be open-minded if I try avoid opinions that I disagree with and they say that to disagree one doesn’t have to be disagreeable.

Have fun! Welcome!

Ok…welcome then!

Welcome!!!

Thank You for the Big California Welcome!!! I’m having fun messing with the size settings, will figure out color later

Welcome, enjoy the site.

The color controls are “in” the A drop box to the right of the Size drop box. Highlight the text whose color you want to change, click the drop-arrow, and then select your color.