Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data www.columbiatribune.com

[Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data

www.columbiatribune.com

The Missouri State Highway Patrol has twice turned over the entire list of Missouri concealed weapon permit holders to federal authorities, most recently in January, Sen. Kurt Schaefer said Wednesday.

JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri's database of concealed weapon permits was twice given to federal authorities investigating](http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/highway-patrol-gave-feds-missouri-weapon-permits-data/article_266b644e-a235-11e2-a8e7-0019bb30f31a.html)[Social Security disability](http://www.columbiatribune.com/content/tncms/live/#) fraud in a move that has enraged lawmakers already angry over potential abuses in a new driver's licensing system.
                                       Missouri State Highway Patrol Col. Ron Replogle was  questioned for nearly an hour this morning by the Senate Appropriations  Committee after he revealed to Chairman Kurt Schaefer yesterday that his  agency had turned over the data.

And people actually think there won’t be a database kept when the background check bill passes?**

Gives a whole new meaning to the motto “The Show Me State”.

Purple is the new Blue I guess.

From the article:

The intention was to cross-check the names on the concealed carry list with the agency’s list of those with disabilities attributed to mental illness to find possible evidence of fraud in the system.

If you’re going to bald-face lie, could you at least have the decency to make up a good one?

[quote=“2cent, post:3, topic:39072”]
From the article:

The intention was to cross-check the names on the concealed carry list with the agency’s list of those with disabilities attributed to mental illness to find possible evidence of fraud in the system.

If you’re going to bald-face lie, could you at least have the decency to make up a good one?
[/quote]Exactly

Something just struck me about this. Maybe it’s ol’ me who’s confused.

C&C permits in MO are issued by the person’s City or County Sheriff.

So what’s the State Hwy. Patrol doing w/the info in the first place?