House GOP launching widespread investigations

I can’t wait to see what kind of corruption the current administration is into.

House GOP launching widespread investigations By Philip Rucker
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
House Republican leaders announced plans Monday for congressional investigations into a wide range of issues, from corruption in Afghanistan to Washington’s regulation of private industries, using the power of their new majority to launch probes that could embarrass the Obama administration.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who will become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee when the 112th Congress is sworn in Wednesday, said he will lead six major investigations in the first three months of the year. That would be an ambitious undertaking by conventional standards, as congressional investigations often take months to bear fruit.

Thanks to the Demcraps’ behavior during the Bush Administration, this is now the norm. Every sitting president will now be under a perpetual state of investigation.

I wonder where this will take us.

I don’t mind it. Partisan payback seems to be the only thing that gets us transparency from big brother.

So long as they don’t have Ken Starr leading any of the investigations.

This dosen’t work for Republicans. The MSM won’t cover the hearings. The Democrats forced to testify will plead the 5th. It will take months for the administration to respond to Republican requests for documents or they will pull a Carol Browner and erase the data on the hard drives. When they do respond, it will be a Mack truck docu-dump on a Friday afternoon. About the only good to come from these investigations is that they force the Democrats to spend on legal counsel.

Could be good in a few ways, make them keep their noses clean at least maybe. Over all though it’s going to hurt us more in the long run I feel.