how david weber orders a Pizza

How David Weber orders a pizza - Straight Dope Message Board
It is a interesting story about how a sci-fi author turns a call for pizza into a epic must read story.

David Weber is one of my favorites.

He is one of my favorites also :smiley:
Are you reading the safehold series?

Yeah, I was, right up until I stopped reading whole novels sometime in 2010. I was halfway through “A Mighty Fortress” when the condition started, and I didn’t finish it yet :frowning: I love the series. Hopefully, this will end soon. It’s the longest period of not reading novels that I’ve ever been through.

I’m middle of reading the latest book in that series :slight_smile:
Why don’t you read the e-book?

It’s not the format. I just don’t pick up my books and read them right now. I sometimes go through a month or two here and there where I do that. It’s been more than a year now on this one. It’s just weird.

Once i start a book i try to finish it especially when it interests me.
Just saying, the empire of charis is still kicking butt.

Thank goodness or Nimue/Merlin actually! :smiley:

Merlin is what changed that whole scenario to the better. Steam Engines are being developed under the excuse of “pressure cookers” and the normal shot of the Charis Galleons are Exploding shells!! A special class of the Galleon have 150 pounders with a controllable angle :slight_smile:
Hell, Merlin isn’t the bedroom invader for nothing :3

Did that coincide with your switch to e cigarettes?

I cannot read or write very effectively whenever I am not smoking, strange but true.

[quote=“RET423, post:10, topic:32926”]
Did that coincide with your switch to e cigarettes?

I cannot read or write very effectively whenever I am not smoking, strange but true.
[/quote]Lol, no, but interesting thought. It was late 2010. And I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon for the past couple of months (still not like I used to smoke at least) but haven’t started reading again. I’m getting back on the wagon though.

One thing I’ve noticed with relapsing is a return of the wheeziness at times and lower energy levels in the morning. I’m convinced that cigarette smoke makes me less energetic.

I loaned a book to a friend of mine, and she laid it aside for a while. I don’t know if she’s got back to it yet, but she’s had it for 3 years. I do hope she gets back to it soon. It’s a fiction book concerning the persecution of Christians in China. Most of the incidents are real, but the names are changed, lest the government seek out the people and “deal” with them. The author also said he even had to change some of the incidents slightly to prevent government agencies from finding the people involved.