How has Trump done with jobs?

This one will definitely make the “AS greatest hits” post!

You claim “1 plus one equals 487, Tesla proved it right here!”
Then you post of video of someone saying “the sun rises in the East”

The guy even says he is measuring how much energy he can get back through regen, and you claim he is saying regen gets back more than I used!

You said regen wouldn’t add energy. Yet Teslas have a dial (shown off in that other video you didn’t watch) where it shows you just how much kw the battery is regenerating when you apply the brake.

Cool; why was it at 116 when he was flat then?

No, and after immense attempts I would bet that everyone knows that I never claimed the regen system did not add reserve to the battery and you know it; I said that your claim of the regen system producing not just what the car is using but MORE than the car is using is a complete BS fabrication than YOU came up with since even Tesla has never been dumb enough to claim that.

Mine goes from 40, to 35, to 30, to 25, to 20, to 15, to 10 and then finally arrives at about 7 MPG long after I have flattened out, it is a dynamic calculation that creates an average which gets more accurate the longer you drive: by the time I need to fuel it has come pretty close to the MPG that I get when I use a calculator and my Odometer at the fuel pump.

Duh

Yes it’s more than the car is using. That’s what the regen dial in the Tesla indicates; whether you’re net charging, or net draining the battery.

When it’s yellow, you’re draining, when it’s green, you’re charging. The former happens when you accelerate, the latter happens when you brake.

“Charging” and “Charging at a rate that exceeds what you are using” are not the same thing, but by all means enjoy the pretty colors! :rofl:

Is the only way you can be adding permanent miles to range.

There’s more charge in the battery once the car reaches the bottom of the hill, then it started with at the top.

You denied this was possible.

It is not possible and it is not happening in your fan boy videos, ALL electric cars use more energy than their paltry regen systems can produce unless you shut them off and push them off a cliff or drag them around with a pickup truck :rofl:

I can’t help it, I still cannot believe you posted that video and I laugh every time I think about it: I would love to see somebody make a Tesla commercial using that clip to show how great the car is! :joy:

And yet it happened:

Negative consumption = net charge.

1.7 kwh added to the battery going downhill.

Tesla dials keep track of this.

Try to focus, guys. I filled up my Honda Accord with gasoline Tuesday evening on my way home from my shift at the airport (I volunteer at the Travelers’ Aid desk once a week.). I did this about 5 miles from home at 10:30PM on a cold evening. When I re-started my car, the range gauge said I had 398 miles of range. I drove those five miles home and when I pulled into the garage, the range gauge said I had 414 miles of range in the tank! Now WHERE do you suppose those extra 21 miles of range came from? (5 miles of usage PLUS the 16 miles of “added” range on the gauge.). BTW, the average speed limit between that service station and my home is 45 mph through 5 different stop lights, though I did not have to stop at each light as 2 of them were green when I arrived at that intersection, so I only had to stop and idle for a few minutes 3 times.

I posted the explanation as to what’s really happening in PD’s case (and how it differs from the Tesla), but instead, let’s see if RET, the automotive genius, can explain to you what’s really happened here.

@RET423

Can you explain to Dave what’s happened here, or are you as stumped as he is? Do you think that his car gained range the way the Tesla in AS’ video gained range, or do you understand what’s happened here? Because, obviously, PD does not.

I bet @Alaska_Slim can explain it.

This is quite a conundrum, expose PD’s ignorance or admit your own?

What will it be?

I predict one of the following:

1 deny
2 deflect
3 Ignore

Let me guess. You’re going to claim that the added range is due to the gas in my tank “warming up” somehow and expanding, therefore adding mileage to my range gauge. Right?

LOL, no nothing quite so sophisticated… The answer is really simple, but alas, I’m going to wait for captain hubris to answer…

This should be good…

Dave, stop, you’re just feeding excuses.

This is in the Tesla’s owner manual, Tesla’s range estimate take account of terrain.The Tesla knows where the hills are at before it ever drives on them.

That regen braking regenerates the battery, is a known feature of EVs, and Tesla in particular. If you had ever talked to a Tesla owner you would know about this.

There’d equally be no reason for Teslas to have a regen braking limiter, to protect a nigh 100% charged battery, if it did not increase battery charge.

Features on the Tesla wouldn’t make any sense, if regen braking didn’t do exactly as the name implies.
Display information like this, where it shows negative consumption,

• wh/km
  • Graphs of avg wh mileage

This information would make no sense. But it does make sense; it’s regen braking, adding to the battery charge.

You and RET completely missed this, because you’ve had no real interest or interaction with EVs. You’re in the dark.

Here’s a dump truck, that never has to be charged thanks to regenerative braking:

This is real, you just didn’t know.

Still doesn’t account for why my gasoline-engine Honda ADDED 21 miles of range after I drove it 5 miles home from the service station. CSB claims to “know the secret” but refuses to post it. LOL. BTW, after sitting cold in my garage overnight, the NEXT DAY I got in, started up to back out and the range gauge showed it to be 419 miles! lt added 5 more miles of mileage while sitting in my garage overnight!

Your mileage gauge does not work the same as a Tesla’s.

Teslas incorporate untraveled terrain. Yours does not.

Tesla has an information-sharing system where they contrast mileage of several Teslas traveling across the same stretch of road to show what yours will encounter. Yours does not.

Invoking your experience as if it would reflect on how a Tesla measures mileage, was wrong.

The Battery mileage in the video ticked up, because the battery was charged by regenerative braking.

You didn’t know that, because you never looked into this. You never cared. So quit pretending.

LOL, not “refusing”…I want to see if RET knows why. He claims to have years of automotive experience. There’s no “secret” it’s actually fairly common knowledge.

@RET423 what do you think? How would you explain what PD is seeing? How does it compare to the video’s AS posted?

Doesn’t matter, AS. I get it that both cars ESTIMATE range differently. What you’re trying to tell us is that Teslas somehow “incorporate” terrain that it hasn’t already traveled? What in God’s googly goo are you babbling about? Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that “several Teslas” have traveled up and down your mythical 7-mile hill and therefore “share” their experience with other Teslas? That’s about as ridiculous a claim as I’ve ever heard from you.

Teslas charge their battery through regenerative braking. Just like that dump truck.

That was the point; you denied this. You were wrong.

Teslas are networked Dave. They share information. Because Teslas incorporate modern tech you find in smartphones and tablets.

Which also share information and measure enmasse performance. Did you not know that?

Unlike most car manufactures, the electronics Tesla incorporates are not two generations behind. They’re at the same level as everything else. Which means they leverage Big Data analytics.

Just like Microsoft and Windows, or Google and Android.

Oh, BS! That’s about as silly as your other claim. No Tesla goes up a hill, turns around and goes down that hill with the engine turned off so it’ll GAIN charge by applying the brakes. That’s ridiculous on its face. If the Tesla is MOVING on the highway, uphill OR downhill, the engine is running…that is, drawing power from the battery. Your regenerative braking is simply NOT efficient enough to replace the power used to run the car and all of its accessories. What actually happens–maybe–is that the drain on the batteries going downhill is a bit LESS than it is going UP that hill, assuming, of course, that the driver is applying his “regenerative brakes” going downhill from time to time to counteract gravity.