How has Trump done with jobs?

No, you didnt

I will post this for the thread because you will never get it no matter how many times you watch it.

Normal driving operation means that you are not using gimmicks (like dragging your car with a pickup or pushing it off a cliff), your video shows a complete moron (I would challenge anyone to watch the video and draw a different conclusion) who is pushing his car off a cliff.

The Tesla regen system is not connected to the cars brakes, it is called “regenerative braking” because it brakes the car when the generator engages (which occurs whenever the throttle is fully off); the inertia of the car drives the generator and that creates a braking effect (similar to engine brakes on diesels).

The moron in the video is driving on a downhill road with a speed limit of 35 and 45 in various places with some curves posted slower; but he is NOT driving the road.

He has fully lifted off the accelerator at the top and NEVER applied it again, his TOP speed was 25 mph and he dropped as low as 16 mph with complete disregard for the traffic on the road.

By doing this the car NEVER exited regen mode but required him to drop to 16 in a 45 (flipping the bird to everyone else basically) but it also means he never applied the throttle so he didn’t use any power.

Much like dragging a car with a pickup this is a gimmick that nobody who is actually DRIVING their car appropriately and safely for the conditions they are in would do, only a jackass (Tesla fan boy) would do this on a public road in heavy traffic; all he proved was that normal operation would not gain more power than is consumed and that he is a typical entitlement liberal who thinks the whole world exists to serve him.

Great video AS, precisely the type of “informed source” that would appeal to you as you “look for data” :rofl

Nope, you’ve adjusted the goal posts because you’ve been shown to be wrong.

The vehicle increases charge, while its operating.

I already stated that the car slows down to charge, and that charge decreases while accelerating. You didn’t try to nuance your case then.

You still tried to deny that net charge was occurring. You still tried to assert that it could not gain energy while going downhill.

You hung yourself RET. I gave you every opportunity to correct yourself.

You just suck at re-evaluating evidence.

Sure thing, I will gladly admit that as long as you define “operating your car” as disregard for the rules of the road and the safety of those you share the road with, your Tesla can indeed under ludicrous circumstances pick up a little more charge than you consume for a short burst of time.

Or if you drag it around with a pickup.

In the future I will be more careful to define what I mean by operating a car, I was so focused on exposing Liberal ignorance that I completely forgot to account for Liberal arrogance and entitlement.

My apologies, had I bothered to consider how you would define “operating your car” I never would have made such an agregious error :rofl:

You are correct, I did say that; so now I will correct my error.

At no time when a Tesla is being operated with respect to the road and conditions it is on will it increase the available battery life, it will always be decreasing to some degree under normal operating conditions with a responsible adult driving.

And you denied it before, so you admit you were wrong.

Nope. He’s maximizing the charge to capture the most ideal effect on camera he can.

IRL, Tesla has a setting to minimize speed loss (at the cost of the rate of charging). You can also re-capture charge simply from stop & going on normal streets.

You can also dictate at which speeds the regenerative brake is applied. All the way to zero, or higher.

Nope, you denied going down hill would result in a net charge. You denied this would add charge to the battery so as to extend range. You just got it wrong, and enough goading from me forced you to watch.

Absolutely, I know the Left well enough to know not to leave any term undefined; and you just proved why!

You defended a falsehood for several pages. Just like a leftist.

You spoke out of ignorance. Just like a leftist.

You spoke without reviewing the evidence. Just like a leftist.

With no regard for traffic safety or anyone but himself; a true hero in the cult of Musk!

What I did for several pages was to underestimate how ludicrous a length that you would go to claim the laws of physics had been re-written by Musk.

In the end it is for the best, the more people who see that video the more people will realize how crappy the battery operated car idea is.

Nothing kills liberalism as quick as watching and listening to liberals!

More like sloth, I gave you more credit than I should have and I left a big hole for you to slither through; well done!

Once again for the record.
At no time when a Tesla is being operated with respect to the road and conditions it is on will it increase the available battery life, it will always be decreasing to some degree under normal operating conditions with a responsible adult driving.

Defended a falsehood, and spoke from ignorance.

Now you’re shifting goalposts to minimize your fault in it.

I didn’t insult or minimize in admitting my errors to you; you’re just a weaker person apparently.

Which of your errors have you admitted to exactly?

Quit saying dumb **** you sore loser. This person is also using regen to increase battery life. In no way does he endanger other people while doing so.

Watch it RET, you’ll even get to see the some of options I spoke of.

Yes, my new position is:

Thank you again for showing me the error of my ways!

You being a dumb****.

Admit to your error, your full error. Quit minimizing.

Your “test” video proves ONLY that coasting downhill without regard to traffic allows the regenerative braking to engage and add charge to the batteries somewhat. Nobody DRIVES like that, however. Not if they are responsible adults. You drive your car to keep up with other traffic–and avoid slower traffic, by the way. Nobody coasts downhill, disregarding other traffic and traffic speed. Likewise, nobody “charges” their batteries by having the car dragged around in a circle for 15 minutes by a pickup truck. Not if they are responsible, adult drivers anyway.

1 Like

Well, let’s see…

I predict one of the following:

1 deny
2 deflect
3 Ignore

I’m going to say number 2 and a little number 3 since you never decided to explain…

So PD…

Oh boy…

First, the range gauges on gasoline-powered cars aren’t very accurate, they are estimates (we’ll address this).

Second, since you didn’t record anything, we have to take your word for all of this….

But let’s discuss possible answers.

Your Honda’s (?) fuel estimator is running an average estimate over some moving window. This varies by manufacturer. I know that Audi, and Volvo use the last 20-mile fuel mile average and measures that against what it estimates as the remaining fuel. I’d guess that most manufacturers use something similar, though the distance window may vary.

Remaining fuel.

One of the problems with ICE cars is how the initial fuel is measured, that being that ICE cars all use floats in the tank, which isn’t very precise as a result the numbers are simply estimates and can vary based a few factors.

Thus to answer the question of how your Honda appeared to gain mileage, we’d need to know more about:

1. How Honda estimates the figure it displays (probably an average of the last 20 miles or so)?
  2. How the mechanical system of measurement works (older cars use different and more inaccurate methods, vacuum tubes for instance)?
  3. How you were driving in the period prior to the trip that you illustrated for us.
  4. How much fuel was really in your tank when your car took it’s initial estimate (for instance, if you park on an incline when the car estimates fuel, the float in the tank may indicate more (or less) fuel)?
  5. Lastly, if I remember correctly you said your Accord was 2012, maybe older (2008)? I would question the fuel calibration on a car that old and the fact that it increased in mileage seems to lend some evidence to this idea.

If your indicator increased in range, that would simply mean that the period before your last trip you were using more fuel and as you drove you began using less and the computer simply recalculated based on your most recent trip or the measurement of your initial conditions were calculated incorrectly (again, do to the fact that it relies on float in your tank).

The Tesla (and incidentally most hybrids) give real real-time indications, which is why when the gauge says “zero” on Tesla, the car is literally out of power, unlike ICE cars which have 25-125 miles left (depending on the car). You can, on ICE vehicles, get real-time estimates by plugging into the OBDII port with aftermarket computers like ScanGauge

Bottom line, unlike the Tesla (and other EV’s) that can put energy back into the battery via regeneration and increase range, your car did not add any energy back into the car, your initial conditions changed or your driving changed and the car simply recalculated (or miscalculated based on incorrect calibration) your remaining miles based on the new information.

Dave, you fell behind again:

That driver is clearly following road rules.

And the bigger issue: you denied this was possible at all. You’re just as wrong as RET was.

You were wrong, and spoke from ignorance.

Quit. doing that. Especially after doing it for 10 pages, dear God.

First:

It’s not possible (so we get the video where the Tesla is towed)

Then:

It’s not possible under real world conditions (show them a video of a Tesla regening while it’s going down hill)

Then:

Its not possible because the video showed a drive going too slow.

So here is a Tesla in real-world conditions maintaining a constant speed down a shallow but reasonably long hill (I have several like this near me) and it gains range.

Now, how do delude yourself into not believing the obvious, right here in front of you?