How Romney, Ryan, Obama differ on Medicare, Healthcare Reform

Jebby, you post so many videos without giving a hint as to their content. They mean nothing to us dial-up cripples.

Sorry, I expected the title to say it all. I keep forgetting so many people are still on dailup. I guess that’s what happens when you live in the city for so long. Sorry :S

Basically Romney has no plan. Obama and Ryan’s Medicare “fixes” lead us down pretty much the exact same fiscal path, although they do it in slightly different ways.

Ryan and Obama both cut $1 trillion from Medicare in the next 10 years by reducing payments to providers. Romney doesn’t want to cut anything in the next decade.

Further out, Obama wants saving from “innovation and efficiency” and Ryan wants the same amount of savings through his voucher program and competition. Romney has no plan whatsoever, but somehow claims he’ll reduce costs via competition.

In the end, doesn’t matter whose plan gets put into motion, Medicare will eat up about 11% of GDP by 2080 vs 14% by doing nothing. So in reality they’re just tinkering around the edges with either the Ryan or Obama plans (and who the heck knows what Romney has planned)

[quote=“Jebby, post:3, topic:36404”]
Sorry, I expected the title to say it all. I keep forgetting so many people are still on dailup. I guess that’s what happens when you live in the city for so long. Sorry :S

Basically Romney has no plan. Obama and Ryan’s Medicare “fixes” lead us down pretty much the exact same fiscal path, although they do it in slightly different ways.

Ryan and Obama both cut $1 trillion from Medicare in the next 10 years by reducing payments to providers. Romney doesn’t want to cut anything in the next decade.

Further out, Obama wants saving from “innovation and efficiency” and Ryan wants the same amount of savings through his voucher program and competition. Romney has no plan whatsoever, but somehow claims he’ll reduce costs via competition.

In the end, doesn’t matter whose plan gets put into motion, Medicare will eat up about 11% of GDP by 2080 vs 14% by doing nothing. So in reality they’re just tinkering around the edges with either the Ryan or Obama plans (and who the heck knows what Romney has planned)
[/quote]Well, I have no specifics, but I do have an inkling about people. And, I am no fan of Mitt Romney. That said, all his life, Romney has been a problem solver. He is extremely successful BECAUSE of his ability to turn things for the better. He is not stupid, or inexperienced. I am pretty sure, he has a plan, but why should he articulate it, only to have the MSM, the DNC and Obozoland pick it to pieces before the election. I think in the coming weeks, we’ll begin to hear more about what Mitt plans to do.