I recently recognized that even within the conservative wing ideas regarding an ideal America diverge. For me, important requirements to accept a society would be:
- that its economic system is capitalistic,
- its citizen have highest possibility to make own decisions,
- people do not think in ideological patterns and are critical,
and have a pro western mentality and a positive relation to money and wealth,
- individuals are seen as self-responsible for there own actions and not as victims of society,…
- it protects its environment
- secure borders
The list is not complete. In general the ideal country should enable EVERY citizen to experience the American way (reach middle class / upper middle class) if he or she making an effort.
What I do not support are (among other things) restrictions that reduce individuals freedom to make own decisions, a generalised anti-materialistic attitude and expensive military interventions.
How should an ideal America look like? And how should it not?