Howdy

New guy from Texas, came across this site and thought I would check it out. Married a loooong time, kids grown, I am mostly conservative on things.

1. What state do you vote in?

Texas

1. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces?

No, but my wife is a Marine.

1. Does ‘Enki’ have any meaning?

Yes. Enki was a Sumerian God over 6000 years ago known as “Lord of the Earth”. Before anyone asks, no I don’t think I am him, but instead of the usual goofy web names I pick, I just picked that one. However, something definitely went on back then as explorers have found literally thousands upon thousands of cuneiform tablets that say some pretty fantastic things. One such thing they say is that the Gods of Sumer referred to the Earth as the 7th planet, because when you are coming into the solar system, the third planet you see is Uranus. Also they had records showing the orbit of Pluto when our guys didn’t discover it until 1930 something. Creepy.

1. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)?

I like the Godfather, and mainly science and science fiction.

1. What is the most important topic for you in the next election?

Taking back our country from the liberal traitor scum.

1. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up?

Not long.

Hi and welcome!

Actually, what order you would encounter the planets when entering the solar system would depend on which part of their orbits they’re in. Partly because of what side of the sun they’re on at a given point in time, and because Pluto is sometimes inside Neptune’s orbit.

I’m not as much into it as I used to be, but I still like a little sci-fi; mainly Star Trek.

Hmmm. Need to find a way to shrink that avatar…

I resized it in photoshop but it had little effect. If you can’t do it then I can just delete it or you can.

Actually, what order you would encounter the planets when entering the solar system would depend on which part of their orbits they’re in. Partly because of what side of the sun they’re on at a given point in time, and because Pluto is sometimes inside Neptune’s orbit.

You are correct, but Uranus would still be the 3rd planet from the outer edge of the heliosphere. :wink:

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed the avatar size. Took a little bit, but once I pulled my 1911, it shrank!

Welcome!!!

BTW, your (and other members here who hail from TX) input on the Dallas situation may be very helpful and informative as information becomes known that doesn’t conform to any MSM- and activist-favored narratives. As that happens it’ll quickly become a “local story” and the MSM will move on to some new faux outrage.

What I have seen is that some people here are calling for a hate crime investigation, but I’m sure the race baiting liberal scum will never go for that.

Also, I have read, contrary to what the “witness” to the Minnesota shooting said, If the guy shot had a concealed license it is not known because the state won’t release the info as part of an ongoing investigation. And the gun was out on his leg, and when police told him not to try to go for the gun, he moved his hands toward the gun…

also, I read that he was pulled over, not for a broken tail light, but because he matched the description in a BOLO for a guy who committed an armed robbery in that area.

I wasn’t there, but nothing has been concluded yet, and at the prison I worked at, blacks were always refusing officer commands. Always.