I am gonna take a break from this place

It has become more like the Hannity site here where Libertarian moderatorsa start giving people warnnings for dareing to argue with thier point of view and ignoring other libertarians and paulbots when they are being insulting…I have never complained to a moderator for someone being rude to me nor do I care if they are insulting. I am a big boy now and can handle myself. What I can’t abide is a moderation that turns one sided. So I have to leave for awhile and maybe the cancer I see infecting this board wont become what I am pretty sure it is. This isnt just about me ether…If I get a warning for saying something somone found offensive thats fine. I can take my lumps. No I am seeing more and more of it happen to others.

So see you all on the flip side.

It has become more like the Hannity site here where Libertarian moderatorsa start giving people warnnings for dareing to argue with thier point of view and ignoring other libertarians and paulbots when they are being insulting…I have never complained to a moderator for someone being rude to me nor do I care if they are insulting. I am a big boy now and can handle myself. What I can’t abide is a moderation that turns one sided. So I have to leave for awhile and maybe the cancer I see infecting this board wont become what I am pretty sure it is. This isnt just about me ether…If I get a warning for saying something somone found offensive thats fine. I can take my lumps. No I am seeing more and more of it happen to others.

thanatos, do what you “need” to do, but if you haven’t been paying attention to others’ posts, the “Paulbots” you complain are being favored by Moderators have been complaining that Romney advocates, “Moderates” and “Liberals” have been favored. They’ll get a good laugh if they see your post above. Unlike you (and the “Paulbots”), I can and have seen who gets Warned and Infracted these past several months. The reality you can’t see is that it’s been pretty balanced among “Paulbots”, Romney advocates, “Moderates”, “Liberals” and other POVs.

BTW, I’m not a Libertarian, and I voted for Romney. I would also add that the Warning RwNj gave you last night was given with the prior concurrence of at least one Mod. No Mod is running amok. The rule is quite simple, No insults, and not posting insults is not at all hard. But if you do and a Mod sees it, you’re going to get Warned or Infracted - also quite simple.

Three points…

1. Than…don’t leave. We need more sane voices here…not less.
  2. Pete…I agree the mods have been even handed…but I do think you guys need to give ALL more slack. I got nicked the other day…and usually, I’ll say to myself…we’ll…it was worth it! Completely blindsided by the last one. Perhaps that is why Than and the libertarians are complaining. NOTE: I am NOT complaining or protesting my own offense…just saying a bit less proactivity might be worth considering.
  3. Than…don’t leave. We need more sane voices here…not less.

So if you didn’t vote for Romney or Obama, you’re automatically a libertarian or Ron Paul supporter? That makes about as much sense as saying: If you’re not a Jew or a Muslim, then you must be a Christian or a believer in the Great Pumpkin…

FC: Well, I do believe in the Great Pumpkin…especially when it is in the form of pumpkin chiffon pie! :pieface:

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:5, topic:37056”]
FC: Well, I do believe in the Great Pumpkin…especially when it is in the form of pumpkin chiffon pie! :pieface:
[/quote]My favorite. I’ll be making a half dozen, real soon.

Mmmmm…can I come over??

[quote=“Cam, post:3, topic:37056”]
Three points…

1. Than…don’t leave. We need more sane voices here…not less.
  2. Pete…I agree the mods have been even handed…but I do think you guys need to give ALL more slack. I got nicked the other day…and usually, I’ll say to myself…we’ll…it was worth it! Completely blindsided by the last one. Perhaps that is why Than and the libertarians are complaining. NOTE: I am NOT complaining or protesting my own offense…just saying a bit less proactivity might be worth considering.
  3. Than…don’t leave. We need more sane voices here…not less.
    [/quote]2. Thanks for sanity, Cam.

Thought I’d drop a comment in here rq. In every forum where I am a member, two recent incidents would have resulted in permanent banning instantly. The warnings, one of them informal, I gave would have been instant and would have been infractions or yellow cards. That said, we do moderate much tighter than we used to. Some of our members prefer that. Some don’t. Even the moderators have a range of opinions on it, but the bottom line is that it is what it is. And it isn’t difficult to stay within the boundaries.

I think the “ignore” option really helps. I don’t like it when someone tries to lie to me or to obfuscate the truth–or manipulate it to their own advantage. So, ignoring is a very calming, peaceful option for me. I do think, though, that some commentors don’t really want to discuss issues–they want to bait and get everyone riled up. I had an uncle like that. He’d get everyone riled up and then he’d walk away while everyone else was fighting and arguing. The sad part was that he would always laugh about it, God rest his soul.

I think we just need some space babe.

I give it 20 minutes and I will be banned again… I did find another reason why I dislike heavy moderation. Banning a person over a PM is extreme…Not much for the God complex thing. Also it is impossible to debate in a forum when you cant say anything that might offend a libertarian…They are always offended. hey if I say something like" What you said is just stupid" I get a warning or a ban…Now that makes it impossible to debate cause people say stupid things all the time.

You don’t have to be, but it is​ in your hands.

Also that didn’t start over a “stupid” post. I recommend avoiding the martyr complex route.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:12, topic:37056”]
You don’t have to be, but it is​ in your hands.

Also that didn’t start over a “stupid” post. I recommend avoiding the martyr complex route.
[/quote] I didnt say my ban did …Try to not think for me. I made a example of what I have SEEN not what happened. If others got that impression I am sorry cause thats not what I was saying. But heavy moderation makes debate impossible. Especially if the moderators are libertarians. they all seem to get pissed at the smallest things and find insult everywhere when a person doesnt agree with them…

But heavy moderation makes debate impossible.

Utter nonsense! There is nothing difficult about abstaining from personal insults or foul language while debating some one. **As those previous two sentences demonstrate.

Especially if the moderators are libertarians.

Maybe you haven’t noticed, but I seem to be the one most complained of, and as I posted previously, I am not a libertarian. So your statement is factually incorrect; but fear not, you aren’t alone in being incorrect about key things in this mess. Oh my! Yet another sentence demonstrating that one debate some one while abstaining from personal insults or foul language while debating some one.

Maybe some folks should re-read the rules by which they agreed to abide when they registered here on RO! They truly are neither complicated nor particularly tight. If you invested a tenth of the energy in figuring out how to avoid calling people idiots (or whatever insult you chose) that you have in this whine-fest …

Wow! Still no personal insults or foul language! How’d I do that?! Maybe it’s because it’s not tough, since I’m certainly no genius nor an angel.

PeteS: I personally think that RO is moderately moderated. Unfortunately, any moderation to a lib is going to be defined as “oppressive” unless they’re the ones doing the oppressing. I actually find this forum much more practical and enjoyable with the level of moderating. The “ignore” option is a great innovation and, in my opinion, gives each individual the option to be free of what they consider offensive posts.

Lib? Lol I had to say something about that lol … I don’t expect moderators to say they are heavy handed so it is worthless for them to try. Yet let me say first and formost it is not in a liberals makeup to want more freedom of speech so calling me one just funny.

I am an incredibly heavy-handed moderator. Just so you know.

Don’t break the rules, and you won’t find out though :wink:

Actually, sometimes I just edit stuff and say knock it of.

Compared to other forums, this board is lightly moderated in my opinion.

I did NOT say you were a lib. I simply meant it in a general manner. Sorry if I offended you…

I agree. The Hannity forum is run by power hungry thought police! They even have a sub forum dedicated to complaints to the moderator. It seems that sub forum just as active if not more than the others. After already being banned for a week a few times, thus becoming less than popular with a number of posters and moderators, I got banned again for starting too many threads to quickly. They were legitimate threads on news topics. The articles weren’t in bad taste or vulgar. I didn’t insult, complain, use profanity, etc., just posted articles and comments. They called it “flooding the boards.”

I’ll even take Pete over any moderator at the Hannity forum. (It’s true, but I also made this comment just in fun, Pete. No hard feelings.)