I apologize for what you’re about to read

I apologize for what you’re about to read

It’s really hard to ignore what’s happening today; the election phenomenon is global.
Over the last several weeks, I’ve traveled to so many countries, and EVERYWHERE it seems, the US presidential election is big news. Even when I was in Myanmar ten days ago, local pundits were engaged in the Obamney debate. Chile. Spain. Germany. Finland. Hong Kong. Thailand. Singapore. It was inescapable.
The entire world seems fixated on this belief that it actually matters who becomes the President of the United States anymore… or that one of these two guys is going to ‘fix’ things.
Fact is, it doesn’t matter. Not one bit. And I’ll show you mathematically:

1. When the US federal government spends money, expenses are officially categorized in three different ways.
    Discretionary spending includes nearly everything we think of related to government– the US military, Air Force One, the Department of Homeland Security, TSA agents who sexually assault passengers, etc.
    Mandatory spending includes entitlements like Medicare, Social Security, VA benefits, etc. which are REQUIRED by law to be paid.
    The final category is interest on the debt. It is non-negotiable.
    Mandatory spending and debt interest go out the door automatically. It’s like having your mortgage payment autodrafted from your bank account– Congress doesn’t even see the money, it’s automatically deducted.

To supplement and back up the claims,

United States Budget Dilemma.wmv - YouTube

Ron Paul $1 Trillion Cut Plan Targets Five Cabinet Departments - US News and World Report

I am afraid this was the United States last chance and they blew it. Time for me to hunker down, buy gold, silver, and store some food. Good luck!

“Today’s election is merely a choice of who is going to captain the sinking Titanic.”__From the OP’s link.

A fascinating OP and follow-up post to be sure. It appears the end is near and thank you so much for the warning. I will buy ear-muffs, long winter socks, and three tons of Maxwell House Coffee asap.

Also I will stock up on children’s stories so I can read them, by candle light, to my grandchildren on those long dreary winter nights.

Here is the first children’s story that I will buy:

Full text of “Remarkable story of Chicken Little”

PS
I’s wondering, do you think one of your afore-mentioned gods will protect you as you hunker down with your stored food and your silver and gold?

PSS
Happy Thanksgiving … only 14 days to go before tis Turkey Time! ♫♫ ♪♪

After that, soon cometh :santa:

`

Ha, I knew you would have an upbeat post pretty soon!

I do not think the sky is falling but the United States is in for tough times. Inflation, austerity, etc will make the United States look similar to Greece, Spain, Iceland, Ireland, Italy. Life did not end for these countries but the unemployment rate is very high and social welfare has been cut greatly. Food will start to get very expensive and thus storing some will be a good idea and precious metals will hold value better than the dollar.

Pretty much inescapable conclusions.

The future of the United States is Greece’s current reality.Chaos in Athens: Greek police use water cannons, tear gas against protesters (PHOTOS) — RT

The Coming Age of Austerity by Patrick J. Buchanan

Mr. Buchanan is an accomplished and quite successful Prophet Of Doom who has been predicting for decades such as the article you linked. I passed through my “Buchanan Stage” awhile back, though I read him occassionaly as an example of what not to believe.

Btw, I have all of Mr. Buchanan’s books (except Right From The Beginning) and I have read them all at least 2 times very slowly. I read his The Death Of The West slowly all the way through several times during my “Buchanan Stage”, and all that in accompaniment with reading Mr. Mark Steyn’s America Alone. It is only by God’s grace that I did not commit suicide. /hysterical laughter

Nonetheless, I hold Mr. Buchanan in high regard as a Christian brother and note that he is magnificient on the Conservative side of the culture war. Mr. Steyn is also a good Conservative culture warrior, but I do not know if he is a Christian or not. I do know that he is a proud self-proclaimed “Prophet of Doom.”

With that kind of certainity and foresight you are sitting on a huge fortune. My advice: Sell everything you own and catch a plane to Los Vegas. Start in the MGM Grand and move on to Bally’s. You will have tens of millions of dollars tagged and bagged before they discover that you really can see into the future. Next I suggest Wall Street, once there, you will end up owning New York within a month.

(Note: I realize that you will not really go to Los Vegas and then on to Wall Street because even though you really can predict that “The future of the United States is Greece’s current reality”, you’re just not all that interested in making hundreds of millions of dollars.) /more hysterical laughter

If you are correct on your prophecy, I suggest you prepare for sustained global pandemonium.

The day the United States “looks similar to Greece, Spain, Iceland, Ireland, Italy” economically due to “Inflation, austerity” is the day your soft affluent luxury-ladden world will come to an end.

You will cease being interested in abstract speculations about stuff like anarchy and become tightly focused on more concrete realities like where your next meal is coming from.

If you think its dangerous to travel overseas using International Airports now, just wait till America’s economy (and military) looks like Greece.

Be sure to carefully examine the expiration dates on your food products and may I suggest Welcome: Rosland Capital? I’m told they have really good gold. /grin

:santa:

What you are saying then is that everything will be just fine?

Its because I know your Father is in control of everything.

(Your Heavenly Father IE /smile)

`

No.

Here is the way one says that “everything will be just fine?”: Everything will be just fine? :grin:

Look back in my post and see if you can find my affirmation that “everything will be just fine.”

America has a lot of serious problems and all of those problems and the people involved with those problems will not be “just fine”, if by “just fine” you mean they will not have some serious problems to face and solve.

:santa:

Oh I see.