I just discovered a super funny guy!

I just discovered Jeff Dunham! I was flipping through the channels the other night and happened to stop at Comedy Central (which I normally do not watch) and saw this guy with a puppet. What a hoot! His puppet’s name is “Achmed: the Dead Terrorist”! OMGosh! It was hysterical! Then, he has this other puppet named “Walter”. What a riot! I can’t decide which one I liked better–they were both so funny! My question is, why am I just discovering this guy now? :embarrese Apparently, he’s been around for years! Anyone else like him? Before seeing this guy, I only watched reruns of Seinfeld and for awhile, I would watch “Two and a Half Men” but ever since Charlie Sheen left, I don’t watch it anymore. Can’t stand Ashton Kutcher…

You should watch Parks and Recreation. In my opinion it’s one of the funniest shows on TV right now, at least for the first couple of seasons.

Curb your Enthuasim is a great show.

Never heard of it! When is it on and what station? I honestly do not watch any of the sitcoms because most of them are so incredibly stupid. Everyone raves about the “Big Bang Theory” but I couldn’t stand more than a few minutes of it. Thanks, Trekky! I’ll check it out if I can find it!

I’ve heard of it–it is by Larry David, right? If it is on HBO, I don’t get it. I’ll have to check it out again. Thanks!

I saw it was airing on a another channel. I will have to check it out for ya.

Thanks, luv!! :yes:

It’s on NBC, but I would recommend starting from the beginning if you’re inclined. They’re on Netflix.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:1, topic:36516”]
I just discovered Jeff Dunham! I was flipping through the channels the other night and happened to stop at Comedy Central (which I normally do not watch) and saw this guy with a puppet. What a hoot! His puppet’s name is “Achmed: the Dead Terrorist”! OMGosh! It was hysterical! Then, he has this other puppet named “Walter”. What a riot! I can’t decide which one I liked better–they were both so funny! My question is, why am I just discovering this guy now? :embarrese Apparently, he’s been around for years! Anyone else like him? Before seeing this guy, I only watched reruns of Seinfeld and for awhile, I would watch “Two and a Half Men” but ever since Charlie Sheen left, I don’t watch it anymore. Can’t stand Ashton Kutcher…
[/quote]CT, I have been a Jeff Dunham fan since the early 90s. I first saw him when hes a college student, performing to get through school. We even have threads about him, in the archives.
If you really want to know Dunham, watch “Birth of a Dummy”. Watch Jeff Dunham Birth of a Dummy Online Free His biography. You’ll see familiar faces like a very young Bill O’Reilly. O’reilly interviewed him while he was still in High School.
He was chosen to go on Johnny Carson, and the day of the taping, was removed for not being funny enough. Sometime later, he was received with open arms, and appeared several more times.
My favorite part was when he was on Best Damn Sports Show, Period.