I Urge Everyone Here to Send a Similar Message to Boehner

I sent this message today. Every Republican needs to speak up today in order to stiffen the spines of the Republican politicians.

Mr. Speaker,

President Obama won reelection, but so did the Republicans in the House. As a person who has always voted Republican and who has contributed money to the party, I do not expect you to behave as if one is meaningful while the other is not. I expect the House to pass an extension of ALL of the current tax rates which the Senate and the President can take or leave. I do not expect you to give an inch on the president’s demands for class warring, scapegoating tax policies which will further retard economic growth in our already anemic economy. If you fail on this issue, don’t look for my support in 2014.

yeah right, like he’s going to do anything.

They didn’t back down during the debt ceiling deal. I think we can stiffen their spines now.

No you can’t. Boehner is a pragmatic weasel. Nothing more.

I think urging Boehner to grow a spine would be like trying to harden jello into concrete with starch…

Right On!!!

I think Boehner should, in this Congress before January 1, strike a deal to restore the AMT patch, and index it for inflation. Then he should do absolutely nothing to stop the Bush tax cuts and the recent payroll tax cuts from expiring. Let everyone pay more, not just the rich. Demand it the name of reducing the debt. It is the only way he will gain the leverage with Obama necessary to reform the tax structure or gain spending concessions.

We have to remember - with the GOP House and strong party discipline, together with the threat of an automatic increase in tax rates for everyone, we have the ability to force Obama to deal. We have more power than many think, despite Obama’s reelection. The more I think about it, this fiscal cliff could be a thing of genius. For years, Congress has done nothing to curb entitlements. All it needs to do is what it does best - nothing! - and Obama gets to preside over a tax increase that will plunge us back into recession. He’ll be under enormous pressure to talk turkey.

You are dreaming of course. But then again, you want to tax the air we breathe. tax and tax, and all obama will do is spend more. The son of a basket has NO INTENTION of lowering the national debt. There is NO STRONG party leadership, no strong republican leadership, all we have is Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosie, and a tax and spend congress. SPEND! get rid of all those millionairs they waste the air around them, tax the revolting sh*t out of them. .

Just to humor me, even though you think it will do no good, will you at least send Boehner the message? You can even cut and paste what I wrote into the form.

Contact the Speaker | Speaker.gov

It will take a very few minutes. What do you have to lose?

You misunderstand my intent. I want ALL the tax cuts to expire on January 1 so all Americans who pay income tax must pay more, not just the rich. I propose this for the purpose of providing the GOP House with the leverage it needs to force Obama to deal. What Boehner has proposed is to kick the can - postpone the tax increases for another year so the parties can address it later. That won’t work. The time to apply the pressure is as early in Obama’s second term as possible. Justify it as necessary to address the deficit. And then agree to lower rates or reform the tax structure in exchange for meaningful spending reform.

The fiscal cliff gives the GOP House leverage - more leverage than they had at any time during Obama’s first term. I say Boehner should agressively use it.

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:10, topic:36977”]
You misunderstand my intent. I want ALL the tax cuts to expire on January 1 so all Americans who pay income tax must pay more, not just the rich. I propose this for the purpose of providing the GOP House with the leverage it needs to force Obama to deal. What Boehner has proposed is to kick the can - postpone the tax increases for another year so the parties can address it later. That won’t work. The time to apply the pressure is as early in Obama’s second term as possible. Justify it as necessary to address the deficit. And then agree to lower rates or reform the tax structure in exchange for meaningful spending reform.

The fiscal cliff gives the GOP House leverage - more leverage than they had at any time during Obama’s first term. I say Boehner should agressively use it.
[/quote]They’ll agree to the cuts, and reneg. Remember the cuts they promised Reagan? You cannot deal, with the Liberals, not even when you are one, and Boehner are one. Lies are just misspoke truths, to them.

Slight problem: higher tax rates don’t affect people who have no income. Entitlement cuts do.

6 small local companies folded shop yesterday. I’ll be taking a 4 year vacation from ‘wage earning’.

This nation needs radical chemotherapy. It isn’t gonna be pretty or comfortable, and the country may decide not to take it.

Nope. This country needs an enema.

I agree, let the tax cuts expire so that the democrats will be blamed.

Explain that the increased taxes are necessary to pay for the democrats social programs.

Reduce social programs or suffer the consequences of higher taxes.