Idol Worship Spawned the Same-Sex Revolution

Idol Worship Spawned the Same-Sex Revolution

By Dan Delzell, Special to CP

May 23, 2013|6:30 am

[FONT=Calibri]Whenever addressing a topic as misunderstood as this one, itis helpful at the outset to reaffirm the fact that God loves everyone. He loves those who struggle with this or that temptation, as well as those who feel unlovable. “God is love.” (1 John 4:8)

It is fairly obvious that heterosexual desire is natural. Most people experience it. There is much disagreement today, however, about homosexual desire. Is it also natural, or is it unnatural? Did God create manto have this orientation, or did same-sex attraction originate in some otherway? Was it due to God’s design, or man’s revolt against God’s plan?

Hopefully we can all agree on the fact that every human being is created in God’s image, and is therefore loved by God. We should also be able to agree that since we are all sinners, it is wrong to look down on someone and judge that person. We are created equal, and we all have fallen short of God’s standard for perfection.

So why the different desires in the area of sexuality? Why do most men and women find themselves attracted to those of the opposite sex,while a small percentage of men and women are attracted to those of the same sex?

Scripture addresses homosexuality, but almost always in the context of various sexual transgressions. For example, Leviticus 18 contains along list of sexual boundaries which God said must not be crossed. One of them is this: “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.”(Lev. 18:21) The verse right before it forbids sacrificing your children to Molech, and the verse immediately after it forbids having sexual relations withan animal. Child sacrifice to a pagan god, homosexual behavior, and sexual relations with an animal are three activities that will give demons a foothold in your body and your soul. But then again, so will going to bed at night angrywhile holding a grudge. (see Eph. 4:26,27)

Chapters 27 and 28 of Deuteronomy give a detailed list of"blessings" and “curses” which God told His people would come to them based on their behavior. Obedience brought blessing. Disobedience brought a curse. Beginning in the Garden of Eden, man’s disobedience always opens the door for Satan and his demons to work in your life through the curseyou bring on yourself by choosing to step into the devil’s playground.

God issued clear warnings about the worship of idols. (seeDeut. 4:15-31) It was strictly forbidden, and a quick way to provoke the Lord. But that didn’t stop people from engaging in it. What began as idol worship would soon spark a sexual revolution, and same-sex lust would begin to spread among the people. You may be wondering, “How are those two things in anyway related?” Good question.

In the first chapter of Romans, the apostle Paul describes the sequence of events which brought about the same-sex revolution. Notice the progression. First, God revealed His “eternal power” and “divine nature” to man through Creation. Next, man chose not to glorify or give thanks to God. Instead, he “exchanged the glory of the immortal God forimages made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.”(Romans 1:23) As a result of this idol worship, “God gave them over in thesinful desires of their hearts to sexual immorality.” (Romans 1:24) Man began to burn with this particular passion and desire only after he"exchanged the truth of God a lie." (Romans 1:25)

Did you catch that? Due to their rebellion and idol worship,God allowed their souls to enter an unprotected area. In that spiritual realm,the demons caused them to start burning with homosexual lust. The devil will always pervert God’s design with a counterfeit approach.

Since they chose to worship a counterfeit god, the Lord"gave them over" to the counterfeit desires of same-sex lust. They became inflamed with these passions only after they persisted in deliberately disobeying God and engaging in idol worship. That worship of false gods is what spawned the same-sex revolution, and people have suffered greatly from it ever since.[/FONT]
**Read more at [COLOR=#0000cd]http://www.christianpost.com/news/idol-worship-spawned-the-same-sex-revolution-96187/#QOP5pgK5CEWB4ePH.99

[SIZE=4]This is a very good, informative, and interesting article.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yes, because that makes much more sense than homosexuals being born with a natural attraction to the same sex. [/SARC]

It really is silly that we recognize the need to protect our kids from the wrong sort of friends, that may INFLUENCE them to be criminals, or drug abusers, and realize that indoctrination is INFLUENCING our kids’ views on politics. Kids LEARN to behave or misbehave. Children LEARN to lie, and cheat and steal. Children LEARN to work hard, study hard, and succeed. Children LEARN to love, hate, and respect. Children learn prejudice. Children learn religion. Children learn tolerance.
But Children are BORN attracted to the same sex? Ridiculous.

Why? I was born attracted to the opposite sex. Why is it so hard to understand that other might be born with a different sexual orientation? I have known many gay folk, and not a single one of them has ever in any way indicated that their sexual orientation is a choice.

So-cons insist that it is - without any evidence to support the assertion - because they know that it is the only way they can justify continued discrimination against them, especially legal discrimination.

So-con questions for CJ

Every time a homosexual cries, a kitten dies.

Please, think of the kittens. Don’t make homos cry.

:howler:

I don’t know what made me think of that, but something in the thread did. Anyways, nice op.

[quote=“Cactus_Jack, post:4, topic:39585”]
Why? I was born attracted to the opposite sex. Why is it so hard to understand that other might be born with a different sexual orientation? I have known many gay folk, and not a single one of them has ever in any way indicated that their sexual orientation is a choice.

So-cons insist that it is - without any evidence to support the assertion - because they know that it is the only way they can justify continued discrimination against them, especially legal discrimination.
[/quote]Sure, you came out and went straight to dating women. Get Real. These kids are born with no idea of their sexuality. If not for the schools shoving it down their throats, they’d not even think of it until puberty. They’d rather play dodge ball.

You never played doctors and nurses as a kid? Never kissed a girl behind the classrooms when nobody was looking? I did. We don’t suddenly discover our sexuality or sexual orientation when puberty hits. We are aware of it earlier, but don’t have the same kind of desires until puberty takes hold. I remember being attracted to girls when I was as young as six or seven years of age.

I imagine it’s the same for gay kids, but they want to play doctors and doctors or nurses and nurses instead.

[quote=“Cactus_Jack, post:7, topic:39585”]
You never played doctors and nurses as a kid? Never kissed a girl behind the classrooms when nobody was looking? I did. We don’t suddenly discover our sexuality or sexual orientation when puberty hits. We are aware of it earlier, but don’t have the same kind of desires until puberty takes hold. I remember being attracted to girls when I was as young as six or seven years of age.

I imagine it’s the same for gay kids, but they want to play doctors and doctors or nurses and nurses instead.
[/quote]Whatever. We learn everything else, but are born perverted. Got it.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:8, topic:39585”]
Whatever. We learn everything else, but are born perverted. Got it.
[/quote] What an ignorant statement.

Funny, you have an embolism about someone implying that a disabled kid “isn’t normal”, or when someone uses the word, “retard”, because of your experiences as the father of an autistic child, but you will happily shrug your shoulders and malign and denigrate gay kids by calling them perverted.

You should hang your head in shame.

Perhaps Liberals are.

<-- To this whole thread and to the logic of the first post of this thread.

Homosexuals have been around for millenia; education has nothing to do with it.

It does with the increase in them, of which I’m convinced.