Illegal entrants suing States to get driver’s licenses!

See: Immigrants without legal status sue for Georgia driver’s licenses

”A group of immigrants who are living in Georgia without legal status filed suit against Georgia’s Department of Driver Services in federal court Monday, accusing the state agency of violating their constitutional rights by denying them driver’s licenses."

Now this is very special, “…violating their constitutional rights by denying them driver’s licenses.”

The fact is, each state has exclusive authority to create its own “privileges” which are exclusively for citizens of their own state. And driver’s licenses just happen to be one of those “privileges”.

It should also be noted that the 14th Amendment, by its very language, confirms each State may make distinctions between “citizens” and “persons” when regulating and enforcing its laws!

The 14th Amendment declares that “citizens” of the United States are guaranteed the “privileges or immunities” offered by the state in which they are located. But those who are not “citizens of the united States” and referred to as “persons“ (which would include those who have entered a State or the United States illegally), are not entitled to the “privileges or immunities“ which a state has created for its “citizens“.

The 14th Amendment only requires that “persons” may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without the benefit of the state’s codified due process of law being applied to them equally, as it is applied to all other “persons” within the state in question.

The lawsuit contends that because the federal government has given them work permits and Social Security numbers, they are legal residents. Georgia has decided to rejected this absurdity and will not issue driver’s licenses to illegal entrants living in their State.

This same crap is happening in other States around the country, e.g., see: Illegal immigrants sue Oregon over ballot measure denying licenses

November 30, 2015

”A group of illegal immigrants is suing the state of Oregon to overturn a voter-approved initiative that denied them driver’s licenses.”

And one of the mind numbing arguments these illegals entrants from Mexico and Central America are giving is, it makes it harder for them to take jobs away from American citizens without a driver’s license.

While millions and millions of America Citizens have been squeezed out of jobs by illegal entrants who work off the books, below the going wage and do not pay taxes on their earned wages, they have the audacity to now demand driver’s licenses so they can take more good paying jobs away from American citizens in the construction trades.

JWK

The surest way for Obama to accomplish his fundamental transformation of America is to flood America with the poverty stricken and destitute populations of other countries.

It is both the decent thing to do, as well as sound policy, to permit illegals to obtain driver licenses. I won’t waste my time trying to convince anyone here of the decency of allowing illegals to drive lawfully, but the policy rationale is clear - a driver’s license is issued subject to proof that the driver has liability insurance. That way, when an illegal hits you or me, there will be insurance to provide compensation to the victim. In our zeal to treat illegals like dirt, let’s not forget that a driver’s license is a “privilege” with a purpose - to make sure the guy who hits you is both licensed and insured.

What in Hades’ Burning Lakes of Fire are you talking about?

We who oppose illegal immigration aren’t proposing to incarcerate them all. We want them sent home, to return following the legal process.

And There is No Way that you will convince anyone of the need for an Illegal Immigrant to be given a legal document to get some sort of legal status when the correct answer is to send their happy butts back where they belong. “Senor, I need a driver’s license por favor. I’m not here legally” should be answered with “Ok, follow me… Step into the van. Watch your head”

It defies all logic.

You miss my point, DN. I know how you feel about illegals. But until Trump gets his way to round them all up with his $400 billion “protection force”, they’re here and they’re driving on the same roads that you do. And if one should hit you or a loved one, wouldn’t it be better if he was licensed and insured?

Now how many of you are willing to bet that there isn’t some legal weasel hole for the insurance companies when it turns out that they have issued a policy to an illegal? How many of you are willing to bet that the insurance companies would pay anyway, because it’s the ‘decent’ thing to do?

Without major overhauls to the existing laws, all the ‘decency’ being afforded to illegals comes at the expense of hard working, law abiding American citizens, and amounts to nothing better than declaring the United States of America an international resource instead of a sovereign nation.

Sorry. If and until they are made legal by Congress, this is utterly unacceptable.

I already carry Uninsured Motorist coverage. No, it would not be better.

It would be better if they weren’t here to begin with.

Under Trump’s plan, after these illegals are deported to their own country, they can apply to their local DMV for their driver’s license! Problem solved.

JWK

The surest way for Obama to accomplish his fundamental transformation of America is to flood America with the poverty stricken and destitute populations of other countries.

This crap has already been litigated and these illegals have been kicked out of court!

See: Lawsuit challenging Nebraska’s denial of driver’s licenses to immigrants thrown out

February 12, 2014

***”
U.S. District Judge Laurie Smith Camp said she dismissed the case because Saldana’s lawyers didn’t provide sufficient evidence showing that the DMV has not consistently followed its policies when issuing licenses to individuals granted deferred action, as Saldana alleged.

The judge dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it can’t be brought back to the court.”***

Who is paying for these lawsuits?

JWK

Insurance is for “accidents”, not deliberate acts.

JWK:

Who is paying for these lawsuits?

Not only this, but who instigated such?? ACLU??? (or equivalent??)

I think I can safely say that it was not a conservative.

D’s could get a lot of votes with all these illegal DLs - think maybe??

Motor Voter (California Style ) is comin to a State near you (Or Your State)

From what I have been able to find, the George Soros-funded Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), represented Saldana in the Nebraska lawsuit! I think the ACLU was also involved.

JWK

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:2, topic:47849”]
It is both the decent thing to do, as well as sound policy, to permit illegals to obtain driver licenses. I won’t waste my time trying to convince anyone here of the decency of allowing illegals to drive lawfully, but the policy rationale is clear - a driver’s license is issued subject to proof that the driver has liability insurance. That way, when an illegal hits you or me, there will be insurance to provide compensation to the victim. In our zeal to treat illegals like dirt, let’s not forget that a driver’s license is a “privilege” with a purpose - to make sure the guy who hits you is both licensed and insured.
[/quote] And ANY illegal can obtain a state-minimum liability policy, get his DL with the confirmation as “proof” that he’s insured, and then cancel the policy the next day! It’s BS, Jazz, and I’d think even YOU would know that. The ONLY reason for giving out these licenses to illegals is so they can use them as “proof of identity” when they show up to VOTE! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Technology has made that impossible, now, if the states implement it. Computerized reporting of cancelled policies and tag scanners.

Illegal Immigration is greatest threat to America in 21st Century