I'm getting bombed with emails from the threads I post in and everyone else who posts

Hi, I’ve already deleted all of the subscriptions to all of those threads. I’ve checked the box where is says “no subscriptions”. Did I do this right or have I screwed something up. I just didn’t want to keep getting bombed with emails in my email every time me or someone else posts in the same thread. Sorry for the confusion here. I thought I took care of it by selecting the “no subscriptions” thingy, but when I checked my email again today, there were a whole slew of them again.

Thanks in advance.

Ann

Selecting not to receive subscriptions should take care of it. If it doesn’t, you can let WhoIsJohnGalt know and he should be able to sort out for you.

I think I know what happened. I forgot to save the changes when I reset it. :rofl: Now where did I put my sunglasses?

I tried to take that survey under my username and it keeps saying that I haven’t updated my profile yet, but I have. :noclue: Is this a sign of aging?

No, there’s been a glitch with that. WIJG will have to be the one to look into it.

Thanks, that’s good news, at least it isn’t something I’ve screwed up again.

I am pretty sure in your “preferences” section you can uncheck the “Notify me via email when there are new posts in threads I am subscribed to” box. That way you can stay subscribed to all the threads without all the emails, you can easily get a list of all the threads you have posted in by just clicking by your username and selecting “Subscribed Threads” once in a while to check on the ones that interest you.

1 Like

Thanks RET.

Don’t you just hate it when that happens? :rofl:

The one I like is when you finally decide…‘Okay, perhaps I should bring this to Galt’s attention. He may WANT to know.’ Then, just as soon as you do…POOF!..the problem magically disappears, leaving you looking like the most illiterate person in the classroom. :redface: LOL

1 Like

Funny you should say that because I did click on some things and then said to myself, “oh no, what did I just do?” LOL There I was, just wandering around the settings saying to myself, what’s this now *click-click, click, click–oops!". Yeah, I finally gave it up and made that post. :rofl:

[quote=“2cent, post:9, topic:41710”]
Don’t you just hate it when that happens? :rofl:

The one I like is when you finally decide…‘Okay, perhaps I should bring this to Galt’s attention. He may WANT to know.’ Then, just as soon as you do…POOF!..the problem magically disappears, leaving you looking like the most illiterate person in the classroom. :redface: LOL
[/quote]This is like when you notice your brake pedal goes all the way to the floor every time you apply the brakes, and take it in to an auto repair shop for a look.

Then the auto repair guy says, “I test drove it and applied the brakes frequently, and the pedal and brakes responded normally. And we took a look at your brakes, the master cylinder, and all the lines. NO leaks and we could see NOTHING wrong with them. But we bled the system anyway, test drove it again, and everything was FINE.”

Then you drive it home, and the brake pedal responds normally when you apply the brakes. So you think, “Hmmmmmm . . . I must’ve imagined the whole thing or maybe bleeding got some air out of the lines.”

So right before you pull into your garage, you slow down and . . . guess what? The brake pedal goes all the way to the floor and you almost run right into your garage door before it opens!!!

OUCH! :rofl:

Know whatcha mean. Lots of times there’s only one way to find out. Too late! :rofl:

[quote=“2cent, post:12, topic:41710”]
OUCH! :rofl:
[/quote]Yes, that happened to me, and they put a dye in the brake fluid in the master cylinder and a pinhole leak showed up. I replaced THAT line, and all the other lines too, since they were the same age as the one that had a pinhole leak. Everything has been fine since then.

But it WAS one of those, “Now it won’t do it again” things at first.

It happens to computers a lot. Perhaps that’s because they’re like women . . . computers are really strange - first, everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It’s like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female.

~ducks~

1 Like

:howler:

(You’re up awfully early. Or would that be late?)

[quote=“2cent, post:15, topic:41710”]
:howler:

(You’re up awfully early. Or would that be late?)
[/quote]I’m a night owl. Don’t usually go to bed 'till around 7 or 8AM. The curse of being retired.

But tomorrow (well . . . I guess it’s today) is NFL football all day and night (and I will not be watching it with GOV101’s “child abuse” nonsense), so I guess I better go to bed and get some sleep before the games (they start at 11AM.)

G’night!

I hope your team(s) win(s)!

Heh, my ex-husband said I was always surprising him when he thought he knew me. It was his problem - he never remembered anything, because the same thing would surprise him over and over again. Maybe that’s what they mean about the definition of insanity . . .

Please try it again. Should be fixed.

Thanks for fixing that for me. I’ve just completed my survey. I didn’t see your post here until today. I’m slow, but I get there eventually. :rofl:

1 Like