Immigrant activists stage blockade to stop deportations

Immigrant-rights activists attempted to block the road to federal immigration agents’ headquarters in Atlanta on Monday, demanding President Obama stop deporting any more illegal immigrants after last week’s Supreme Court stalemate.
Led by the Not1More campaign, which webcast the protest, the demonstrators called Mr. Obama to hamstring U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Immigrant activists stage blockade to stop deportations - Washington Times

I have an idea lets deport them as well

Excellent idea!

Great idea!!!

A sane government would have used this gathering as an opportunity and probable cause to incarcerate the whole bunch, send home citizens, and deport both legal and illegal aliens (the former for advocating violating the law). Not even GWB was that good, sadly.

Ya know…

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I’m pretty sure deporting legal immigrants just because they TALK about not wanting to deport illegal immigrats is the equivalent of just pissing on the 1st amendment, then setting it on fire and then flushing the ashes down a toilet.

But as I’ve begun to learn, America isn’t really all that keen on it’s own Bill of Rights and the founding fathers ideals anymore. Talks of shelving the 2nd amendment, rigged elections, suspension of habeas corpus on mere accusation… now people talking about deporting people just for talking about something contrary to a government position when they haven’t even broken any laws.

Pretty sure our founding fathers are rolling in their graves, angry for what we’ve become.

Legal immigrants aren’t necessarily citizens, and the Constitution was for the People of the United States. A noncitizen doesn’t get to hide behind the protections of a citizen when interfering with law enforcement doing their duty.

An illegal immigrant rights organization? That’s even more absurd that the Welfare Rights organization that popped up in the early 1970s under a bozo named George Wiley. To its advocates “Welfare Rights” was a entitlement that you should be on welfare for the rest of your life, at the working people’s expense, if you didn’t care to work. That’s totally absurd.

As illegal immigrant rights, that should be a ticket back to you home country with promise to put you in jail if you come back illegally the next time.

In FACT Illegals have more rights than citizens, this is due to NOT enforcing the law, but rather ignoring it. They are raping, murdering, robbing and doing as they please often picked up and released or sent to jail in Mexico and then released after a short time…

Yep. Fox News reported that the Obama administration has only reported 10% of the crimes committed by illegal aliens. Why? Because Obama figures that 90%+ of those people will vote Democrat when they get to vote. And since you don’t need a voter ID according to the Democrat Party, that means some of them will be voting shortly even though they are not citizens. If they do need an ID the Democrats will be getting names out of the graveyards for them. The graveyards have long been hotbeds of Democrat support. Back 2008 a woman in Miami, Florida claimed that she voted for Obama five times because he was going to pay her energy bills.

As a Citizen of the US I MUST present an I.D. in order to vote, but as an ILLEGAL, you don’t…sumptin wrong…YA THINK?

[quote=“Maylar, post:5, topic:48946”]
Ya know…

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I’m pretty sure deporting legal immigrants just because they TALK about not wanting to deport illegal immigrats is the equivalent of just pissing on the 1st amendment, then setting it on fire and then flushing the ashes down a toilet.

But as I’ve begun to learn, America isn’t really all that keen on it’s own Bill of Rights and the founding fathers ideals anymore. Talks of shelving the 2nd amendment, rigged elections, suspension of habeas corpus on mere accusation… now people talking about deporting people just for talking about something contrary to a government position when they haven’t even broken any laws.

Pretty sure our founding fathers are rolling in their graves, angry for what we’ve become.
[/quote] You don’t have the rights of an American citizen unless you ARE an American citizen and NONE of these people are people who “haven’t even broken any laws.” They are breaking the law daily by being in this country illegally, and, as we’ve seen, quite often break other laws with impunity. There’s no such thing as “illegal immigrant rights.”

This is not correct

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property,*** without due process of law***; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Any person does NOT mean citizens only. It means… ANY PERSON. I’m fairly certain this means also people here LEGALLY. You can’t just up and deport somebody here legally just because they ***said ***something against the government. They are very clearly here afforded equal protection of the law.

More to the point, I find it abhorent with how much the USA claims it values “freedom” and such, that we then have people that just want to deport others whom want the immigration process to be easier and not so cruel. Once again, brings to mind my families own tremendous pain when it comes to our immigration system. In fact, telling legally immigrated permanent residents that they should be deported for having a contrary “opinion” reeks that not only have we forgotten we are a nation of immigrants ourselves, but that you see now that we treat and argue they shouldn’t be treated well, even at the expense of our own citizens.

Okay, I can see that point. However, even citizens don’t get to hide behind constitutional rights when interfering with law enforcement. And contrary to what you suggested, they were doing more than just talking. Pete’s suggestion is still not outside of the rule of constitutional law.

If you are going to deport legal immigrants I hope you plan to give them their day in court. Otherwise you have no leg to stand on when criticizing the left on their “no fly, no gun” list. Goodness the left and the right are 2 sides of the same coin. Only difference is who they wish to deny the rights to without due process.

Illegal immigration is a huge problem and the present administration appears to be on the side of illegals vs American citizens. we need a President who puts the interests of Americans first.

Yes, illegal aliens have constitutional rights!

excerpt: "In summary, the entire case of illegal aliens being covered by and protected by the Constitution has been settled law for 129 years and rests on one word: “person.” It is the word “person” that connects the dots of “due process” and “equal protection” in the 14th Amendment to the U.S Constitution and it is those five words that make the Constitution of the United States and its 14th amendment the most important political document since the Magna Carta in all world history.

“Aliens,” legal and illegal, have the full panoply of constitutional protections American citizens have with three exceptions: voting, some government jobs and gun ownership (and that is now in doubt) — Glenn Beck and others notwithstanding."

Yes, illegal aliens have constitutional rights | TheHill

If that be the case then what is the case to be a citizen? Does FULL Constitutional rights imply citizenship? VOTING??? Gun ownership etc.

Well it DEPENDS on which side of the aisle you stand. Liberals see Illegals as full on citizens, conservatives don’t.

I think for that to happen we need an AMERICAN President!!!