Increasing Mideast violence

One thing for sure, Obama was not the messiah that he was viewed as by many because now I am seeing a world growing more discordant with escalating violence from the Mideast and places like North Korea.

Obama has signed a treaty limiting our weapons with Russia

So what is Obama doing to stem this rising tide of hate? Well he is gearing up for the elections in 2012 and planning his itinerary for his next party and golf game.

Obama has already informed the new Speaker of the House he will meet him on the links.

What should Obama do about the situation in the mideast? It’s not the business of the US or any other country to get involved in the internal politics of these nations, let them sort themselves out. Russia learned from experience and wasted lives what happens when the US goes around sticking its nose into countries revolting against their regime (which, in Egypts case, has had their dictator supported by American funds for decades).

Obama can’t win this one no matter what he does. With the restrictions on drilling for oil here that he and other Liberals have saddled us with over the years we are reliant on the middle east for oil. If he sticks his nose in on either side he will be partly responsible for any violence from the other side. If he does nothing and the violence spreads to the point that our energy supplies are put in jeopardy, our economy could collapse thus bringing down most of the other countries economies. This house of cards our wonderful leaders have built for us will be the death of us all.

[quote=“Volk, post:2, topic:29015”]
What should Obama do about the situation in the Mideast? It’s not the business of the US or any other country to get involved in the internal politics of these nations, let them sort themselves out. Russia learned from experience and wasted lives what happens when the US goes around sticking its nose into countries revolting against their regime (which, in Egypt’s case, has had their dictator supported by American funds for decades).
[/quote]Honestly if you are going to comment at least do a little research on the subject. The fact is the U.S. has agreements with other countries all over the world and there are also things like NATO and other organizations that come into play.

BTW, did you know your country interferes with other countries as well?

Agreements pertaining to what? I doubt there are agreements about what situation in a certain nation warrants US interference into its internal affairs.

NATO is a collective security organization for defense against external aggressors, as you know- it and other organizations serving that purpose don’t pertain to internal affairs.

What kind of agreements/organizations specifically are you talking about that give the US a basis to involve itself in Egyptian internal affairs? (I use Egypt specifically because it is the most spoken about at the moment and the Arab state with closest relations to the US)

It is really that bad? I won’t pretend to know much about it, but according to the CIA world factbook, the US produces half the amount of oil that it consumes (9mln bbl produced, 18mln consumed daily). Natural gas is even closer, 593 billion cubic meters produced and 646 consumed. Possibly if the situation reached a point as critical as what you described, you could up the volumes being produced (regardless of any ‘green’ laws, I’m sure if domestic needs aren’t being met due to a foreign crisis, some exceptions can be made, right?) and imported from places like Canada to make up for whats lost in the mideast?

Also those numbers are from 2009, and I wouldn’t know if Obama has changed something about oil and gas production since then. This is just me speculating.

We could start drilling today, but we wouldn’t have the refining capacity. There has not been a new refinery built since the 70’s. Smog emissions you know.

With oil production shut down in the Gulf for the most part, prices are already starting to rise sharply. I’m not sure if it’s running again but the Alaskan Pipeline was down recently too. With the increase in prices of fuel, the price of food is going up just as fast due to the amount of fuel it takes to not only ship the food to the stores but the farming and manufacturing operations too. Add in heating costs and the disposable income of every family is taking a bigger and bigger hit each week. That means less consumption which takes away sales taxes from Cities and States. Add in also that as prices go up companies have to take cost cutting measures to maintain current consumption levels that almost always means loss of jobs. That takes money from Cities, States and the Federal Government coffers in two other ways. First, less tax revenue. Second, unemployment, welfare and food stamps deplete any existing cash on hand.

The capacity could be increased somewhat right away if the producers didn’t have to make so many different grades and types to meet so many different State regulations. Summer grade, winter grade, low sulfur diesel, mixed percentages of ethanol, California’s special blend, ect…

[quote=“ironhorsedriver, post:6, topic:29015”]
We could start drilling today, but we wouldn’t have the refining capacity. There has not been a new refinery built since the 70’s. Smog emissions you know.
[/quote]Yes and the spotted owl is in danger as well as mickey mouse. All excuses to shut down refineries

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:8, topic:29015”]
The capacity could be increased somewhat right away if the producers didn’t have to make so many different grades and types to meet so many different State regulations. Summer grade, winter grade, low sulfur diesel, mixed percentages of ethanol, California’s special blend, ect…
[/quote]True

No, Mickey Mouse is safe; the new copyright law saw to that!

double post

We need to give S. Korea and Japan the green light to invade.