Inside work

While the weather is so cold, this is a great opportunity to do those inside jobs like eliminating the squeaks and sounds in the house.

Noisy ductwork and pipes that may not be secured so they do not bang.

I am thinking about insulating the hot water pipes

I’ve been chasing drafts all winter. It’s amazing how many little places the wind finds!

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:2, topic:29138”]
I’ve been chasing drafts all winter. It’s amazing how many little places the wind finds!
[/quote]Isn’t that the truth. I started doing the same without Obama’s help. I was thinking today how in older homes they did not have things like low pressure expanding foam to put around windows and doors when they installed them.

I’ve got some treads to put on my stairs to replace the grungy carpet. They need to be cut, though, because the steps are too small (front to back). And I think I should glue them down, so that will probably have to wait until warm weather when I can have ventilation.

[quote=“Susanna, post:4, topic:29138”]
I’ve got some treads to put on my stairs to replace the grungy carpet. They need to be cut, though, because the steps are too small (front to back). And I think I should glue them down, so that will probably have to wait until warm weather when I can have ventilation.
[/quote]I put treads on my steps and I stapled them down

I thought of that, but I also thought of the grit that can get under them. I still might do that, though.

Go for the glue

Your smiley doesn’t show up.

It does for me. It’s a large yellow smiley that looks dizzy, presumably from glue fumes.

I was cleaning out my photobucket account. Didn’t realize moving it into a folder would erase it here

Yeah, it has to match the original link. I moved all my “banner” smilies to a sub-folder of my smiley folder, after I had accidently wiped out my “banners” folder in my smileypad. I had to reenter them there, anyway, and I think I want to subdivide them all in photobucket eventually, anyway, in the likelihood that some day I won’t be able to use smiley pad, so I will have them ordered the same in photobucket. And no, Suds, I still can’t see it. Edit: I still can’t see his original one, but I can see it in his new post. Suds, maybe you had seen it before, and it was in your cache.